1. 1. Things to work on the offeseason:

• 1. Passing (DUH)
    • 2. Ball-handling
    • 3. Smiling less
    • 4. Comedy
    • 5. Abilit to gather flagrants
    • 6. All of the above

Preface:

1. Unlike many of you, I expect Dwight to resign with us barring the Magic FO's decision to bring Tyronn Lue out of retirement for the MLE. I'd like it if 2012 offseason comments be left on a different thread, elsewhere.

2. I'm aware that Dwight was not the crux of our problem against the Hawks.

Now, that that's out of the way...

The man should begin working on his passing. In addition, the Magic need to employ a more cutting-based offensive attack to make use of him as a passing threat, if that ever develops. The rest of his game is soaring so quickly that, to me, his average passing game is becoming that much more apparent. I would propose an improvement in ball-handling, shortly thereafter. 5.5 TO's per game is just porous (though, a good amount were offensive fouls/3 seconds).

Now, I'm aware of all the factors (epic run-on sentence ahead); I'm aware that our entire offensive game plan is predicated on having 3-4 players stand around like totem poles while we force Dwight to think of something, I'm aware that our three-point shooters couldn't buy a shot for 95% of the series, I'm aware that Dwight is one of the league-leaders in "hockey" assists, and I'm aware that he already assumed the heaviest role I've seen a player assume since Michael J. Fox in Teen Wolf, but 3 assists in nearly 258 minutes played is remarkably poor, in any circumstance. Again, though, it's a two-way street and SVG has to meet him halfway because it's difficult to create any plays when there's so little movement from the other 4 guys.

So yeah, passing and ball-handling. Obviously, it takes an entire offseason to really work on even one of these, so priorities go to passing, though, they kind of go hand-in-hand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Continue to polish his jumper and utilize it more
  • Keeping his head up when in the post
  • Continue to work hard at his offensive post game, preferably with Hakeem again
  • Passing out of the post
  • His contract :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

keep working on mid range jumper, get into offense quicker/read defenses and react appropriately, keep working on post moves (use more finesse instead of raw power).

His FT shooting is fine now.