Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

That's all well and good negative Nancy, but I have too much repsect for these guys to give up on them...no matter how bleak it looks. Win or lose, I expect their best effort in game five. I don't expect them to throw in the towel, so I wont either.

lol. repsect...

• Downvote 1

Whats legitimate...me saying yes, JR Smith is on the list, and then everyone says "message board insider" and gets angry? LOL..I really can't say anything is legit because people get super mad about this stuff if it doesn't happen. We have to keep going for Chris Paul and D Williams..those are guys that allow the Magic to keep Dwight here. So it will get old to hear those names ,but they are legit guys that the Magic have to try and acquire.

Rivers lives in Orlando FL. Winter Park to be specific. I think he would like to coach more if he could drive home and be with his kids. The Magic will find out and go from there. I don't think fire SVG unless they get a verbal from Rivers. There is a reason HOU wants to hire SVG already. The rumors are starting to spread.

Well, I personally don't get upset when these things don't happen because I understand that rumors and actually getting the name on the line are completely different things. I would just like to hear it from someone who has been helpful in the past at pointing this board in the right direction even if every detail you've posted hasn't been correct, at least the names and the shuffling of players has been in the ballpark somewhere. So I'm really just trying to get in my head who the Magic are going after cause I'd like to try and imagine what type of team that would be.

I know this board went crazy over the thought of getting Paul last year, is this new idea of getting Paul have any more ground to it than last year?

• Upvote 2

That's all well and good negative Nancy, but I have too much repsect for these guys to give up on them...no matter how bleak it looks. Win or lose, I expect their best effort in game five. I don't expect them to throw in the towel, so I wont either.

You're right, man! I've put my blood, sweat and tears into watching these guys play basketball, and I'll be damned if I'm going to quit now!

gOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mAGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC :)

• Upvote 2

You're right, man! I've put my blood, sweat and tears into watching these guys play basketball, and I'll be damned if I'm going to quit now!

YA BRO YA

• Downvote 1

I would like to keep Stan, but in case we can't:

Doc Rivers - If he leaves Boston, it could only be for Orlando. It's where his family lives.

Jerry Sloan - I think it's possible. Do you really think he wants to be rememered for being run out of town by Deron Williams?

Rick Adelman - Why?

And for my darkhorse/pipe dream:

Phil Jackson:

1. He's old, old people move to Florida. He'll be here anyways.

2. He has said quite a few times that if he could start a team with one player he would take Dwight.

3. Kobe is getting older, and with that comes declining. And we all know that Phil likes to flock to the best players.

Actually, forget the third point. Now I'm scared he'll go to the Heat.

THIS

If we ignore Chareth, maybe he'll just go away.

• Upvote 1

If we ignore Chareth, maybe he'll just go away.

You and I both know that won't work.

This will be a pretty wild summer. Seriously crazy stuff could happen personnel wise, and it is all confounded by the CBA.

Bob Vander Weide has been opposed to the 4 out 1 in strategy pushed by Otis and and SVG. If the Magic get dropped tomorrow night, it could be over for both of them. BVW wants a big man next to Dwight.

If Otis stays, he will probably let J Rich walk and go after JR Smith with the MLE. Why? Smith is much more athletic and dynamic, and more importantly is very close friends with Dwight. There have been conflicting reports about this, but watching the Magic, you can clearly see a gaping need for more talent and speed on the wings. I know there are a ton of message board guys who hate Smith, but a lot of people are wrong a lot of the time. Example : read the comments after the Perkins trade on how the C's losing him was not a big deal and OKC lost a real good wing in Green. My point is that the Magic currently do not have an athlete in their starting lineup who will be able to match up with the Heat, Hawks and Bulls besides Dwight.

The Magic would like to move Hedo to the bench as well, so their next move will be to see if they can dump Gilbert's contract. That is what makes the summer so interesting. If they can do this, they will be right back in the game and able to offer a large contract to Chris Paul if he chooses to opt out.They would also attempt to trade a package including Jameer for a SF. So much is pending on the new CBA, that it could literally determine the next 10 years of Magic basketball.

What I do know is that Doc Rivers will be asked to coach the Magic. The team philosphy will change from 4 out to a traditional lineup based on bigs in the middle.

I don't want to be a negative nancy, but the season is over folks. Even with a miracle finish to take it to 7 games, the Magic do not have the talent to compete against the Hawks, Bulls and then Heat. They have been beaten severely in this series and also in the regular season. I will be rooting as hard as anyone tomorrow night, but I am already preparing for the offseason and frankly believe it will be the most exciting one for Magic fans in a long long time.

You forgot about Fran Vasquez.... If the CBA goes through... He will be the big man to team up with Dwight...

Losing tommorow would be better for us (draft pick wise) even if we make it all the way to the ECF and lose we would still fail our objective and that is and always has been to win a Championship.

Now, alot of you guys are syaing trade Gil, why? 2 things have to happen in my opinion for use to move foward.

1. If Gil want's to win a ring he has to understand that his contract is going to be the chip that allows us to bring in new talent. So he has to make the choice of Money or Rings. (We all know he doesn't need the moeny)

2. He needs a full healthy off season under him. This means no lazy bull s***. In the gym 4-5 days a week working out, just getting comfortable so he can play a FULL HEALTHY SEASON.

IF and only IF he can do those 2 things then I would like gil to stay and be our starting PG. It would allow us to bring in a big and a wing or he can serve as our back up PG and have us offer CP3 the Max and bring in a Matt Barnes exp type of player.

The reason I feel Gil would do a fine job (If Healthy) is he didn't play since the first half of game 1 which was last Saturday. He didn't play 7 and 1/2 days. That is a loooong time to go with out any playing time and for him to come off the bech last night they way he did and show glimps's of what he could be just made me feel like a giddy school girl. He proved more in the mins he got than Jameer has this whole damn series.

So this is what I'm thinking. Put a package of Bass/Meer and maybe even JJ. That should deffiently land us a solid piece. Question is what piece exactly. I would shop for a SF and move Hedo to the bench. The rest is still up in the air.

People that are gone next year (IMO)

Bass

Nelson

Duhon

Malik

Otis-Hopefully

Q Rich-Maybe

J-Rich-Maybe

Bring on the off season!

• Upvote 1

The OP doesn't make any sense. We're going to try to move Gunberto's contract...while also trying to move Jameer for a 3? Dudu is out starting point guard for the future?

Also everyone saying how Otis should be canned realize that if he goes then out goes likely any shot at Gilbert opting out of his deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2