Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

What about the rumors that Doc wants to retire to spend more time with his kids? I thought those were pretty legitimate rumors.

Doc's youngest son is a Senior and will be off to college next year so that is a non-factor now. However he still considers Orlando his home and has many friends in the Magic organization.

If Dwight will sign an extension ot stay and play for Doc then I am a Doc fan at this point.

I love Stan as a coach but high intensity coaches like him tend to get tuned out by the players after 3-4 years. It is the reason great coaches like Larry Brown, Scott Skiles and Byron Scott rarely last too long in one spot.

Follow this....

What if there is an Allen Houston provision but instead of getting rid of Arenas the team got rid of Turk. Then Otis uses his jedi mind tricks to convince Arenas to opt out of his deal.

We then take all of that savings and sign Paul next summer.

BOOM.

You've been eating too many ketchup packets.

What about the rumors that Doc wants to retire to spend more time with his kids? I thought those were pretty legitimate rumors.

If Rivers is out, who would the Magic be interested in? Sloan is retired, I don't know why people are still saying his name. Plus he's old school and doesnt relate well with his players. Not what this team needs. Adelman isn't much better than SVG in my opinion. So what other options are there?

If Otis is outed, who would be a good replacement for him? I heard Barkley would be interested in being a GM. :happypuppy:

So the team wants to get younger and more athletic. So far I've heard Ariza, JR Smith, Paul (here we go again), Hamilton, Prince. Are these legitimate names or just a wish list?

Whats legitimate...me saying yes, JR Smith is on the list, and then everyone says "message board insider" and gets angry? LOL..I really can't say anything is legit because people get super mad about this stuff if it doesn't happen. We have to keep going for Chris Paul and D Williams..those are guys that allow the Magic to keep Dwight here. So it will get old to hear those names ,but they are legit guys that the Magic have to try and acquire.

Rivers lives in Orlando FL. Winter Park to be specific. I think he would like to coach more if he could drive home and be with his kids. The Magic will find out and go from there. I don't think fire SVG unless they get a verbal from Rivers. There is a reason HOU wants to hire SVG already. The rumors are starting to spread.

• Upvote 1

I agree with most everyone but I'm venting also . Please it's not even in the ball park to blame any of this on SVG. He is doing the best he can with what he's got, he even says it, I don't know what their doing, they have the ball i tell them what to do and they can't get it in the basket" what more can I do" Even when he's wrong he will state it. I think he is a great coach. I am so disappointed in the way the team is performing just like everyone is. It's as if they are being paid off not to make a basket, after all they are paid professionals to make baskets, the whole team doesn't get into a slump together unless it's planned for a reason. Dwight needs to pick his own team, These guys are terrible. Even if arena's does awesome I'm over him. I am so pizzed at the whole season, and I feel sorry for Dwight. If he can pull a Miami and forget about the Money then we will have an awesome team. Put guys around Dwight that "HE"Wants and we know they can Play like (if we can) CP! OH I HOPE SO!! I'm still hoping that we get out of this mess, and win! If we don't something smells fishy! They are paid to make baskets, they are professionals! this is what they do for a living! come on guys man up and do what you are getting paid for, this sucks....Go Magic!!

P.S. I'm not a newbie I lost my password and had a problem logging on! lol

Doc's youngest son is a Senior and will be off to college next year so that is a non-factor now. However he still considers Orlando his home and has many friends in the Magic organization.

If Dwight will sign an extension ot stay and play for Doc then I am a Doc fan at this point.

I love Stan as a coach but high intensity coaches like him tend to get tuned out by the players after 3-4 years. It is the reason great coaches like Larry Brown, Scott Skiles and Byron Scott rarely last too long in one spot.

Yea, he's going to play a Duke...so I already don't like him. But I do like that he went out and said that he wanted to crush Lebron. so that makes me like him a little.

I'd love to have Doc be the coach, but I don't know if he would leave Boston for their rival...

It is clear the players are tuning him out during timeouts. Dwight recently said in a "Inside the Magic" episode that when Stan says certain things he tunes it out and an assistant coach will tell him the same thing and he won't remember that Stan even told him to say that. I was quite shocked when I watched that, Dwight basically said he tunes out SVG because he yells/screams so much it is hard to listen to everything he says without getting frustrated. I think it is time for a change. Especially if the players are tuning him out.

I've been looking forward to the offseason more than the playoffs themselves for quite some time. I knew this wasn't our year to win it all.

Jareth: you're reading my mind. I've been saying for months now that whatever happens in the postseason this year is just a bonus: this team isn't built to win and I'm sure Otis has known that for months, probably when he was making the trades. What the roster is was never the endgame (I hope).

We have an undersized one (with a huge heart) in Jameer, and I'd only have him come off the bench if we got an absolutely premier PG (ie CP3). JRich is undersized and while he can explode on offense, he's such a defensive liability that typically HIS guy is exploding on the offensive end, thus nullifing his explosion.

Having a wing like Hedo, that can handle the ball, is all pretty good, but he's a slow defender and inconsistent.

Bass is a pretty good 4, but like our 1 and 2, undersized. We have no one behind Dwight.

Maybe Orton comes through next year, along with Fran (hahahahahahahhahahahahaa)? I still say this will be the "Summer of Moves" for Orlando and would have expected that even if we had swept the Hawks, Bulls, Celtics, and....whoever comes out of the West. Of course, the fact that's obviously not going to happen only makes it even more a sure-thing that the roster will look real different in a few months.

I would like to keep Stan, but in case we can't:

Doc Rivers - If he leaves Boston, it could only be for Orlando. It's where his family lives.

Jerry Sloan - I think it's possible. Do you really think he wants to be rememered for being run out of town by Deron Williams?

Rick Adelman - Why?

And for my darkhorse/pipe dream:

Phil Jackson:

1. He's old, old people move to Florida. He'll be here anyways.

2. He has said quite a few times that if he could start a team with one player he would take Dwight.

3. Kobe is getting older, and with that comes declining. And we all know that Phil likes to flock to the best players.

Actually, forget the third point. Now I'm scared he'll go to the Heat.

It is over...

That's all well and good negative Nancy, but I have too much repsect for these guys to give up on them...no matter how bleak it looks. Win or lose, I expect their best effort in game five. I don't expect them to throw in the towel, so I wont either.

• Upvote 5