Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Another worthwhile post by Jareth, I can't believe he's not a mod yet.

Another account made by Jareth, I can't believe no one has caught on yet. Fixed

The Celtics and coach Doc Rivers have agreed to a five-year contract extension worth about $35 million.

This is a surprisingly long contract, since Rivers has contemplated retirement to spend more time with his family. It means that Rivers will be pacing the sidelines years from now, even while the Celtics rebuild post-Big Three. To remain an elite team, Boston needs to add youth, athleticism, size, and depth.

Great news about Rivers. This is because this forces us NOT to hire him. He is not a great coach and I'd rather have SVG anyday of the week.

I said the same thing and people blast me for it.

He was a lousy coach in Orlando. I couldn't stand the guy.

Great news about Rivers. This is because this forces us NOT to hire him. He is not a great coach and I'd rather have SVG anyday of the week.

i feel like we need to keep repeating this as often as possible so everyone else gets it. Great coaches don't almost get fired after winning 57 games total in a two year span then get lucky and ride one of the deepest rosters in NBA history to a single championship.

Cool, SVG is better than Doc. SVG's road to the finals was amazing, something Doc could never dream about achieving.

I'm fine with what we have now, I just dislike Hedo. I don't dislike Arenas at all, but his contract gives me chills.

------

Now I wanna talk about african players, Congo is really starting to bring some HUGE Centers and PFs to the league. Still, Angola being a very undersized team has dominated african basketball for more than a decade (I'm Portuguese-Angolan) and I can tell you that we've got 3 players that could make it in the NBA:

A 6-8 PF, Felizardo Ambrosio, 24 years old with great hustle and intensity and streaky 3pt shooting;

6-3 SG/PG, Carlos Morais, great offensive player. Poor man's Monta Ellis

6-5 SG/SF, Olimpio Cipriano, tested for the SA Spurs, great offensive game. Kinda like Mickael Pietrus, but better slasher and slightly poorer 3pt shooter. Also boneheaded at times

I brought this up because there's talent everywhere, and some foreigners would play in the NBA for much less money than some American guys in it, and could possibly me more efficient on the court.

none of his kids are in winter park anymore so...

I thought he still has a younger son named Spencer. Supposedly another up and coming basketball star

I thought he still has a younger son?

Spencer... not sure how old he is but he's gotta be getting close to high school.