Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Ergh...

My "believe" is at an all-time low when it comes to this offseason. Either we're going to re-sign J-Rich & Clark, but otherwise do absolutely nothing, or Otis is going to make either one huge stupid move, or three medium-sized stupid moves.

I just don't have faith that he can dig himself out of the hole he's made for himself. Not in under a year.

I have some faith that either Dwight will either sign his extension or sign a new contract with the Magic as a FA in '12. Then maybe in the next 2-3 years Otis'll have the time to "clear the deck" of all the high-priced, don't-do-enoughs and get the second Dwight era going.

I know, that's a lot of ifs. I sure hope I'm wrong about this particular summer, and Otis pulls a rabbit out of his hat somehow. Pun intended.

Our financial situation isn't as bad as some believe (with the exception of Arenas). Even Hedo's contract isn't unmovable (we'd just need to provide incentive for another team to take it and during the summer of 2012 it shouldn't be too tough of a pill to swallow for another team).

If we commit to clearing cap space we'll be fine. But we can't half ass it and spend money on long term contracts that other teams wouldn't want.

The 76ers...haha they won't want another PG

The Magic say heck yes

76ers would do that in a heartbeat. . . the Magic wouldn't. Brand and Iggy's contract? oof

Philly, you take away their only low post presence and don't replace it. Plus they've been begging for an upgrade at center since the new millennium and you trade their biggest asset to get that. Just insert Gortat instead of Hedo....damn never mind...

Kaman for Hedo would be awesome...but we'd have to sweeten the pot to compensate for that extra year on Hedo's contract

Philly, you take away their only low post presence and don't replace it. Plus they've been begging for an upgrade at center since the new millennium and you trade their biggest asset to get that. Just insert Gortat instead of Hedo....damn never mind...

Kaman for Hedo would be awesome...but we'd have to sweeten the pot to compensate for that extra year on Hedo's contract

Hedo and Anderson for Kaman

Nelson is admired around the league for his toughness and playmaking in pick-and-roll plays.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_mailbag_050611.html

Well BJ that is very big of you to post that part of the article that compliments Jameer...oh wait a sec, that wasn't BJ, it was Jareth. How can Jameer be admired around the league? I mean he says things that make other teams play better. I don't understand.

I would think that if we wanted to move Jameer to Philly, they would be for it. I've read reports that they feel that Jrue is better suited to play the 2 and Lou isn't a PG, he's mini-Jamal Crawford. Speaking of Jamal, anyone see his quote yesterday? Something along the lines - If that is Chicago's best then we will be ok...uh oh Chicago's victory is a mathematical certainty now.

I like the idea of the team getting bigger. Chicago is winning when they win the battle on the boards. Atlanta won the games against us when they kept us off the offensive glass and got to rebounds themselves. We beat Miami in the games where we controlled the boards...and hit shots. I think (here come the if's) if Earl can be used as a defensive stopper/energy guy, we get someone that can get to the line when our shooting goes to crap, and we get bigger to hit the glass we will be improved. I don't know how improved that is going to rest with what we get out of the PG position and how much Dwight improves on top of the great work he has already done.

Hedo and Anderson for Kaman

that trade is not such a stretch and mutually beneficial -

Clippers are one team that actually could use Hedo's ball handling skills because their PG is Mo Williams and getting a tall point forward would be beneficial to Blake Griffin's game. Their biggest hole is at the SF spot. The sweetener of Anderson to join a potent young frontcourt of Griffin/Diogu and Jordan has to be appealing to Clips specially since it adds a totally different skill set to the young bigs they have.

As far as contracts Hedo's is only one year longer than Kaman and similar in size...

From the Magic's side I imagine they would love to get rid of Hedo's contract but losing Anderson without assurances that Kaman would resign after next season could be a glitch or it could be a bonus as that would clear cap space at the right time.

that trade is not such a stretch and mutually beneficial -

Clippers are one team that actually could use Hedo's ball handling skills because their PG is Mo Williams and getting a tall point forward would be beneficial to Blake Griffin's game. Their biggest hole is at the SF spot. The sweetener of Anderson to join a potent young frontcourt of Griffin/Diogu and Jordan has to be appealing to Clips specially since it adds a totally different skill set to the young bigs they have.

As far as contracts Hedo's is only one year longer than Kaman and similar in size...

From the Magic's side I imagine they would love to get rid of Hedo's contract but losing Anderson without assurances that Kaman would resign after next season could be a glitch or it could be a bonus as that would clear cap space at the right time.

Bonus because we wouldn't be trading within our division, or conference, either. It always seems like those guys come back to have career nights against us.

Jameer in Philly would allow me to sleep at night if I'm Otis. It lets Jameer go play in front of his family for half a season, and like Marc said, could easily become the starting PG there as well.

I'd take Brand and his 15/8 over Bass at this point, despite the contract. Like I've said, we're in salary cap hell no matter what at this point. Might as well get guys who would be productive.

Iggy would bolster our perimeter D, and give us some athleticism and youth at the wing position.

If Arenas could become 40% of the player he once was, he could make a passable PG and we'll be in a good, balanced situation for once.

-Scoring at the 1 with the added ability to penetrate every now and then (Arenas), with a defensive PG to back him up (Duhon).

-Athleticism at the 2 and 3 (Iggy) and smart, 3pt threat (Redick)

-More defensive potential at the 3 and 4 (Clark)

-Good rebounder/decent defender...better than Bass at the 4, scores some buckets for you as well. Could even star in a few games. (Brand), Stretch 4 off the bench (Ryan)

-Our franchise (Dwight), Chuckwagon (Defense at the 4 and 5, good passer, improved offense)

I dig it.

I was just thinking about something and I realize what I'm about to say is going to come across as crazy and probably completely unrealistic...BUT

Is there any package that the Magic could make, that doesnt include Dwight, and get a lottery pick in return?

If so, you want a young point guard that plays smart and has consistent scoring? Look no further than Kentucky and Brandon Knight.

Personally I think this kid would be a perfect way to rebuild this team. He's taller and lengthier than Jameer and he's able to drive this team in a way similar to Holiday with the Sixers.

Again, I know getting a lottery pick is freaking impossible, but do you guys see any package we could make minus Dwight and get a lottery pick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR9x8alen3I&feature=player_embedded#at=61

I was just thinking about something and I realize what I'm about to say is going to come across as crazy and probably completely unrealistic...BUT

Is there any package that the Magic could make, that doesnt include Dwight, and get a lottery pick in return?

If so, you want a young point guard that plays smart and has consistent scoring? Look no further than Kentucky and Brandon Knight.

Personally I think this kid would be a perfect way to rebuild this team. He's taller and lengthier than Jameer and he's able to drive this team in a way similar to Holiday with the Sixers.

Again, I know getting a lottery pick is freaking impossible, but do you guys see any package we could make minus Dwight and get a lottery pick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR9x8alen3I&feature=player_embedded#at=61

SHOCKING

Jameer in Philly would allow me to sleep at night if I'm Otis. It lets Jameer go play in front of his family for half a season, and like Marc said, could easily become the starting PG there as well.

I'd take Brand and his 15/8 over Bass at this point, despite the contract. Like I've said, we're in salary cap hell no matter what at this point. Might as well get guys who would be productive.

Iggy would bolster our perimeter D, and give us some athleticism and youth at the wing position.

If Arenas could become 40% of the player he once was, he could make a passable PG and we'll be in a good, balanced situation for once.

-Scoring at the 1 with the added ability to penetrate every now and then (Arenas), with a defensive PG to back him up (Duhon).

-Athleticism at the 2 and 3 (Iggy) and smart, 3pt threat (Redick)

-More defensive potential at the 3 and 4 (Clark)

-Good rebounder/decent defender...better than Bass at the 4, scores some buckets for you as well. Could even star in a few games. (Brand), Stretch 4 off the bench (Ryan)

-Our franchise (Dwight), Chuckwagon (Defense at the 4 and 5, good passer, improved offense)

I dig it.

Yeah - that's kind of the perfect situation. I agree that sending 'Meer to the 76ers would be about the only way we trade him that I wouldn't have a sinking feeling.

Wouldn't do that trade unless the team was also able to add Mayo somehow. . . and the Chuck Wagon. I don't think it's a sure title team and the salaries of Arenas, Iggy, and Brand ensure there's 0 way the team can sign anyone from FA, and if that team bombs then not only is Dwight gone, but so's the team flexibility to be able to be blown up/grow.

Now, you have Mayo, Iggy, Redick, Chucky, Dwight, and Anderson. . that I can totally live with. Guys either reaching their primes, on their primes, or have yet to reach prime. I think that's a core Dwight can look at and think, we could really grow into something special even if we lost this year.

I do like the idea of having Duhon, Iggy, Redick, and Clark at the 1/2/3, though. That's a lot of defense, hustle, and/or energy.

No thanks. . .