Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Big News ! Turk plays back-up PG (link)

Anything that means more Q-Rich and/or Earl makes me a happy panda. :happypuppy: We need their hard-nosedness......is that a word? We uh......need....their uh....toughness. Yes. Count it.

Gilbert has become one of the worst shooters (if not the worst shooter) in Magic history. In other words, I'm happy with Hedo at point but I want him to take the right shots.

Gilbert has become one of the worst shooters (if not the worst shooter) in Magic history. In other words, I'm happy with Hedo at point but I want him to take the right shots.

He's not just a bad shooter. He's one of the worst players to ever put on a Magic uniform in recent memory.

Redick > Arenas

Arenas > Duhon

Duhon > Stan Van gundy.... barely

Offensively...

Redick > Duhon > SVG > Arenas

Deffensively, against opposing PG's

Duhon > Redick > SVG > Arenas

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I don't get how Arenas can be so bad at the PG spot, but tolerable when moved to the 2 (only talking offensively). This is really the only situation I can see him getting any playing time going forward, but with JJ back, it looks like he won't be able to get any minutes even at SG, unless we have injury issues again.

Offensively...

Redick > Duhon > SVG > Arenas

Deffensively, against opposing PG's

Duhon > Redick > SVG > Arenas

You forgot Redick>Duhon>SVG>Fat Guy>last year garrity>Devos wife>Devos>Brian Hill=Arenas

Maybe Im giving brian hill too much credit.

Gus (Pensacola)

In game 2, Van Gundy went with Turkoglu as his backup PG, shortening the rotation rather than relying on an unreliable player (Arenas). Do you think this was a good idea, and do you see it continuing in the future?

John Hollinger (2:44 PM)

Yes and yes. Arenas isn't any good anymore. There's no need to play him if they can get away with a bigger lineup defensively.

GO MAGIC !!!!!