Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

No Cav's Game Thread?

Really, I think it's a symptom of having a good team. A few years ago, every. single. game. mattered. Now? Now we're just another of the elite teams that want to get to the playoffs already.

I think a lot of the forum, those of us who have been here a while, have kind of hit that point, too. Considering that the #1 team in the conference has been bumped off the last...three? Four? years, that #1 slot doesn't matter so much.

Playing style does, but like everything else, as long as we aren't just crapping out games and showing something that's clearly going to be a consistent problem in the playoffs (cough, cough *HEAT CHOKING IN THE ENDS OF GAMES* cough, cough), there'd be more rage. But the team's playing well.

I think the only reason we lost to the Lakers is because it was the second of a back-to-back - they just ran out of gas.

And it's also March Madness, etc.

I know in my case, while I was never an overly prolific poster, I've been promoted into a job that's FAR less boring than my old one - I don't sit on the home page and click refresh every 30 seconds. And I was never a chat-room guy, so there's that.

I'm just ready for Dwight to win the MVP and the playoffs to start so that we can start talking about the stuff that really matters.

On that note, I don't think we'll win it all this year, but I really like this team and I think next year's going to be something special. Anything we do in the post-season this year is just a bonus.

Oh, and I'm hoping we get Teyshawn Prince.

also, people who complain about forum activity are never the ones who create content. I'm not talking about game threads (that die after a day), i'm talking about actual content that can be discussed over time.

also, people who complain about forum activity are never the ones who create content. I'm not talking about game threads (that die after a day), i'm talking about actual content that can be discussed over time.

That, too.

We need to bring back Arroyo - he was always good for some polarizing discussions.

My 2 cents:

I agree with TMF in a sense that, some "high post count" members on this board

has made others feel unwelcome - especially when they share their "subjective" ideas.

I wonder how many intellectually stimulating posts do some "high post count" people

have besides the LOLCAT and other absurd pictures and GTFO , IBTL phrases? That

is what you would expect from bored/care-free young kids I guess.

Now, basketball is a subjective GAME, first of all. It is not mathematics or physics. There

is a HUMAN element in basketball. And, for the REAL scientists here, statistics is

a science for COUNTING things, NOT PREDICTING. So, it would be very good if people

stop DICTATING their opinion based on statistics. Dwight shooting 60% on average

CAN absolutely NOT predict how many baskets he will score in the next 10 shots - PERIOD.

And "game threads are replaced by chatroom" is not a valid argument. Not everyone

feels comfortable or likes following 30+ people writing at the same time. My head hurts

trying to follow who said what when the chat scrolls at 100 lines per second speed.

The game threads give the people the opportunity to follow clearly AND respond

appropriately to what everybody is saying.

"My life took over" may be valid for some people, I know from myself for example. But

although i moved away from Orlando over a year ago, and I don't have a lot of time,

I still try to follow the message boards and post as much as possible. I even managed

to watch >70 magic games each over the last two seasons , from a remote location.

So, "the boards going downhill" concept must have another explanation.

I miss the 2008 season and stock up/stock downs personally. I recently joined RealGM

since this board is becoming an afterthought by many. The realGM board seem to have

a lot more up-to-date information and more interesting discussions.

Peace

My 2 cents:

I agree with TMF in a sense that, some "high post count" members on this board

has made others feel unwelcome - especially when they share their "subjective" ideas.

I wonder how many intellectually stimulating posts do some "high post count" people

have besides the LOLCAT and other absurd pictures and GTFO , IBTL phrases? That

is what you would expect from bored/care-free young kids I guess.

Now, basketball is a subjective GAME, first of all. It is not mathematics or physics. There

is a HUMAN element in basketball. And, for the REAL scientists here, statistics is

a science for COUNTING things, NOT PREDICTING. So, it would be very good if people

stop DICTATING their opinion based on statistics. Dwight shooting 60% on average

CAN absolutely NOT predict how many baskets he will score in the next 10 shots - PERIOD.

And "game threads are replaced by chatroom" is not a valid argument. Not everyone

feels comfortable or likes following 30+ people writing at the same time. My head hurts

trying to follow who said what when the chat scrolls at 100 lines per second speed.

The game threads give the people the opportunity to follow clearly AND respond

appropriately to what everybody is saying.

"My life took over" may be valid for some people, I know from myself for example. But

although i moved away from Orlando over a year ago, and I don't have a lot of time,

I still try to follow the message boards and post as much as possible. I even managed

to watch >70 magic games each over the last two seasons , from a remote location.

So, "the boards going downhill" concept must have another explanation.

I miss the 2008 season and stock up/stock downs personally. I recently joined RealGM

since this board is becoming an afterthought by many. The realGM board seem to have

a lot more up-to-date information and more interesting discussions.

Peace

uhh, basketball isn't subjective. It has a winner and a loser. Basketball might be nuanced, it might have a depth of knowledge that extends beyond metrics or box scores but it is not subjective.

You have no real grasp of statistics.

People can't complain when they post a point then have that point criticized.

If you want a game thread...make one but don't complain if no one else made it and you wanted one. No one gets paid here.

If you get upset when people debate you on your opinion or that their opinion is that your's is wrong, then I would say a message board may not be the best place to express your opinion. You would probably be much happier talking about your opinion with friends that you know share the same opinion or family members because not everyone here is going to agree with you. Personally I enjoy talking to people that think differently than I do every now and then, it makes me think and sometimes I take something away from the conversation. My opinion is...my opinion, it's not my soul or my good name, if someone doesn't like it life goes on, I'm happy enough with myself that I can deal with someone not agreeing with what I have to say. I would also say that if I post something and I haven't done one bit of research to back it up I probably deserve to have it picked apart.

If you want a game thread...make one but don't complain if no one else made it and you wanted one. No one gets paid here.

If you get upset when people debate you on your opinion or that their opinion is that your's is wrong, then I would say a message board may not be the best place to express your opinion. You would probably be much happier talking about your opinion with friends that you know share the same opinion or family members because not everyone here is going to agree with you. Personally I enjoy talking to people that think differently than I do every now and then, it makes me think and sometimes I take something away from the conversation. My opinion is...my opinion, it's not my soul or my good name, if someone doesn't like it life goes on, I'm happy enough with myself that I can deal with someone not agreeing with what I have to say. I would also say that if I post something and I haven't done one bit of research to back it up I probably deserve to have it picked apart.

i don't like your soul or your name

Dude, we get it, you're a teabagger. Move on.

I've been on this board for a while, have been on the end of my fair share of "cyber-bullying" (which isn't even bullying if you say something stupid and someone calls you out for it... which I have on more than one occasion), and I have to say, compared to other forums I'm registered to, this one is by far the best managed, and most respectful to its members.

Yes, there might be a clique-y aspect to it, but that's human nature to group up with like-minded people; to be drawn to each other's heat like moths to a flame; to gently stroke another man's face and say "it's okay, friends do this all the time," only to learn that that friend recently hung himself because he couldn't handle the pressure of being ridiculed in society any longer.

My point is, your personal experience on this board goes hand-in-hand with how you present yourself. If you post like an idiot, you'll be treated like an idiot. If you post irreverently, you'll be treated with irreverent humor. If you try to talk about basketball related matters, then be ready to back it up (like BMP said).

Or just leave. Who cares? It's only the internet.

USA! USA! USA! USA!

I've been in the forums since 06.

There were more non-sense discussions back then. When we started growing as a team, the arguments became more fanatical, and we fullfilled our Arroyo/Jameer/Hedo/Darko/VC troll quota. Nowadays, not in a good season according to the expectations, we focus more on the game fundamentals and it's more quiet.

The board did not change so much IMO, it was the team success' (or lack of it) that set the tempo for OMMB.