Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: MAGIC @ LAKERS

Whens this piece of crap gonna learn that we're gonna keep dying by the three against good teams if the offense doesn't go through Howard?

Yeah he had some turnovers but who cares. The rest of the offense didn't look any better.

I don't want Stan to be fired but if the Dwight doesn't get 20+ shots a game from here on out he needs to be fired immediately for a coach that will actually utilize our superstar.

• Downvote 2

I get pissed when Dwight doesn't get the ball for long periods... but didn't he get the ball A LOT in the 3rd? Or am I drunk? I am legitimately asking because I seem to remember we fed Dwight regularly in the 3rd but he turned it over a lot or got fouled. He hit the one hook off the hop step and shot another on the next possession, missing it.

We got down big as they converted off our turnovers (not just Dwight), and as a result we had to go to the perimeter as we tend to do when we're down double digits.

Pretty much what I'm wondering is: Why is THIS the game that gets people up in arms about Dwight's touches??? I can remember being pissed to high hell many other times this season about his lack of touches, but it didn't strike me tonight, regardless of what Bynum said. Am I missing something here? I'm legitimately asking, not arguing.

He really just couldn't convert or got it stolen. Nothing went well either way tonight.

Lakers are a hard team to score on one-on-one.

Edit: By the way, Dubious, Howard got 14 touches, 9 turnvoers, and made 6 of 11 free throws. That definitely goes over 20 touches. I would tell Howard to get the ball more if he put up those numbers ... if I was on the other team.

Regular season...

Spurs got 30ied in Miami.

I'm sure they're very worried and all :creaturedance:

Let's jerk around as much as necessary to meet the plan (ORL 4th, ATL 5th, CHI 1st) and KICK ASS when it matters :partypepsi:

• Upvote 1

I think for us to win this game we needed to get Howard more touches and get earl out there a bit run him with the starters just due to his defense and his legnth

Let's jerk around as much as necessary to meet the plan (ORL 4th, ATL 5th, CHI 1st) and KICK ASS when it matters :partypepsi:

I can't pretend Magic are angle shooting for this, but it's the best case scenerio for Magic to salvage this season in the playoffs.

ATL, Chi, Bos, SA is not an unthinkable line for Orlando to a title.

I can't envision them beating Mia or LAL in a series, but I certainly can't envision them winning 2/3 consecutive series vs. Mia, Bos, or LAL.

I think my prediction (98-95 Magic) would of came close to being exactly right.. that is, if they played both halves like they did in the first. Right down to Kobe starting out chucking and missing.. but he only had a bad two and a half quarters instead of a whole game.

It really looked like the Magic ran out of gas in the third. Also our bench got rocked both times they were on the floor, in the 2nd quarter and especially the start of the fourth quarter. Arenas & Duhon were downright terrible. Bad game for the refs to screw with Jameer.The lead went from 6 to 11 with Kobe & Gasol on the bench. Ball game.

While I agree that Dwight didn't get the ball enough (GSW game was far worse), Dwight's gotta quit forcing it. Tonight he'd try to plow through 2 or 3 defenders on a regular basis. Of course there was too much standing around on the outside by the other guys, so to be fair to Dwight there's that.

Also it bothers me most that Derek Fisher seems to know more about what Jameer Nelson needs to do than JAMEER NELSON DOES! (ESPN) Hey, maybe we can hire Derek to scout OURSELVES. *sigh* Ridiculous. Meanwhile, good job Otis letting Barnes go for chump change while Q rides the pine. Just brilliant.

At least SVG started Anderson tonight, that was totally Anderson's best half of defensive basketball with the Magic in that first half. However we got crushed on the boards (Dwight needs help, Otis) and turnovers galore (we missed Redick tonight, if for no other reason than to keep Duhon on the bench!).

I know it was a back-to-back situation but the lack of basketball common sense abounds with the Magic. And the schedule only gets rougher from here.

• Upvote 2

I think the issue was that Howard was forcing it. He kept rushing / forcing shots and moves. The team had to get the ball to Howard early, lakers were sending a double numerous times and Howard needed to realise that and find the open man instead of fumble it or get it knocked out of his hands.