Time: 10:30 P.M. EST

TV Coverage: Sun Sports and ESPN_________________________________Officials:

losangelesclippersstapl.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

lakersvsmagicscorecard.jpg

MAGIC STARTERS

heartandhustle.jpg

_J. Nelson - PG _ J. Richardson - SG __Brandon Bass - PF__D. Howard - C __H.Turkoglu - SF

LAKERS STARTERS

lalakers2010wallpaperre.jpg

Medical Watch:(Lakers)

G Kobe Bryant (sprained left ankle) is questionable for Monday vs. Orlando.

F Devin Ebanks (stress fracture in left leg) is likely out until April.

C Theo Ratliff (torn cartilage in left knee) suffered a recent setback in his rehabilitation. He is out indefinitely.

postitsidenote2.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

MAGIC-LAKERS PREVIEW

ESPN

Kobe Bryant may be hobbled, but the Los Angeles Lakers have regained some of their momentum. Playing their next seven games at home should help keep them moving in a positive direction.

Having their 13-time All-Star on the court is obviously a huge part of that potential success.

With Bryant's status clouded, the Lakers look for their 10th win in 11 games when they face the Orlando Magic on Monday night.

Los Angeles (47-20) followed Thursday's 94-88 loss at Miami with a 96-91 win at Dallas two nights later to pull within one-half game of the Mavericks for second place in the Western Conference.

The Lakers appeared to be dealt a severe blow late in the third quarter Saturday when Bryant came down awkwardly on his left ankle after having a shot blocked. He remained on the floor in pain before exiting the game, but he returned in the fourth quarter and finished with 16 points.

It's unclear if he'll play Monday.

"I thought I was done, like done. I was praying that when I stood up, my foot was lined up straight," Bryant said. "I thought I dislocated it.

"I just walked around, let it settle in, then went back out. We were all pretty scared because it looked horrible and felt worse. When I stood up, I was happy it was still lined up. I walked around, my strength felt good. It was a little sore. But I had to stop being a chump, suck it up and go out and play."

Bryant is averaging 29.9 points over the last 11 meetings with Orlando (42-25), including the 2009 NBA Finals, which Los Angeles won in five games with Bryant earning MVP.

A possible absence by Bryant may be softened by playing at Staples Center.

Los Angeles' 22-8 home record ranks third in the conference, and the team has won three in a row there by an average of 15.0 points while holding opponents to 38.1 percent shooting.

The Lakers have also won 19 of 23 home meetings with the Magic, including a 98-92 victory in the most recent matchup there Jan. 18, 2010. They fell 89-75 at Orlando on Feb. 13, making 2 of 16 3-pointers while Bryant was held to 17 points.

Andrew Bynum also scored 17 points while grabbing nine rebounds in that contest, and the center could be a factor again. He picked up much of the scoring slack Saturday with 22 points and 15 boards.

He's connecting on 70.0 percent of his field goals to average 13.8 points and 13.1 rebounds the last eight games.

Bynum will be in for a stiff test matched up against Orlando All-Star Dwight Howard, who was dominant while scoring 26 points with 15 rebounds and five blocks in a 111-88 win at Phoenix on Sunday.

"My job is to dominate on both ends of the court and I like to get some blocks early just so they know they can't come down the lane, and that sets the tone," Howard said. "That's how we've got to play, with a lot of energy and we have to keep it up the whole game."

Howard is second in the league with 14.0 rebounds per game and 2.3 blocks, while leading Orlando at 22.8 points. He tallied 31 points, 13 boards and three blocks against the Lakers last month.

The Magic are 2-1 on this five-game road trip, which ends at Milwaukee on Wednesday.

• Upvote 1

Well made thread. Nice job.

I predict that, win or lose, a game will be played, and points will be scored by both teams. One team is likely to accumulate more points than the other team through the concerted effort of its players and coaching staff. That team which does manage to produce more points will, in all likelihood, be determined the victor.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Well made thread. Nice job.

I predict that, win or lose, a game will be played, and points will be scored by both teams. One team is likely to accumulate more points than the other team through the concerted effort of its players and coaching staff. That team which does manage to produce more points will, in all likelihood, be determined the victor.

The team with the most points will win? Waaaaa???

Are you sure its only a possibility that they'll win?

I'd take that bet.

Kobe Bryant is a game time decision

ooh they are using special tactics to screw us off

i_see_what_you_did_there_RE_Anyone_else_see_it-s450x545-95526.jpg

Should be great game, our guys have now been revitalized in the indian fountains. They have been reborn as warriors of Stuff. More career night coming tonight.

I hate playing injured teams. We win, and it's a ho hum expected victory. We lose and it's completely demoralizing, especially if one of their unheralded stars goes off (Brown).

• Downvote 1