Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Official March Madness Thread

Hey guys, lets chat about March Madness, its by far the best month of the year!!

As a KY fan, I'm a little upset over our seeding. However, if there is enough response, we can try to get a little challenge going on to see who can pick the most accurate bracket.

Why the hell is UF a #2 seed? I'm very tempted to pick UCSB in that game.

The field got very weak after about the top 6 this year. It's honestly a crap-shoot. I have Duke and Kansas playing in the NC, with Kansas taking it all.

I have a "sheet of integrity" and a second crazy, armageddon kind of bracket with all sorts of upsets.

I always let my UConn/Duke/Florida State homerism get the best of me in these things, and it probably did again. But man, picking anything after the first two rounds was SO tough. Anybody can really beat anybody, it's way more true than even usual.

In my main bracket I have a Final Four of Ohio State, UConn, Louisville, & Kansas State with UConn beating Louisville in the Final to win the Championship.

In my crazy bracket, I have George Mason and Old Dominion making the Elite Eight. Also have Memphis, Gonzaga, and Belmont (yes, Belmont) going as far as the Sweet Sixteen. My two biggest upsets are Belmont over Wisconsin and Oakland over Texas. I don't know what to make of Texas. They could choke in the first round or make the Final Four, who knows...

Anyway, my Final Four in that one is Duke, Syracuse, Georgetown, *gag* and Florida, with Duke over Florida in the Final to win it.

So despite my best internal efforts not to do it, there go my eggs into the Duke & UConn baskets again. :tongue:

Florida doesn't deserve to be a #2 seed and Kentucky sure as hell doesn't deserve to be a #4 seed in the same bracket with the overall #1 which means that KY's #4 is the lowest #4.

It's just plain stupid, KY has an RPI of 9 and SoS of 12. Wins over FL (twice), Vandy, Washington, Notre Dame, Louisville (on the road), and their only non-conference losses were to UConn and UNC (both on the road) - they finished the season on a 6 game winning streak and played the best basketball theyve been playing all year in the last 6 games.

Now that my little rant is over.

Pitt by far has the easiest road to the Elite 8 and Final Four in my opinion. Piece of cake road. I would've said that Duke had a tough road, but then I saw that UConn was in Duke's bracket. No way Duke makes it out of that section.

I have a "sheet of integrity" and a second crazy, armageddon kind of bracket with all sorts of upsets.

I always let my UConn/Duke/Florida State homerism get the best of me in these things, and it probably did again. But man, picking anything after the first two rounds was SO tough. Anybody can really beat anybody, it's way more true than even usual.

In my main bracket I have a Final Four of Ohio State, UConn, Louisville, & Kansas State with UConn beating Louisville in the Final to win the Championship.

In my crazy bracket, I have George Mason and Old Dominion making the Elite Eight. Also have Memphis, Gonzaga, and Belmont (yes, Belmont) going as far as the Sweet Sixteen. My two biggest upsets are Belmont over Wisconsin and Oakland over Texas. I don't know what to make of Texas. They could choke in the first round or make the Final Four, who knows...

Anyway, my Final Four in that one is Duke, Syracuse, Georgetown, *gag* and Florida, with Duke over Florida in the Final to win it.

So despite my best internal efforts not to do it, there go my eggs into the Duke & UConn baskets again. :tongue:

lol I have uconn over louisville in the final too.

I'm gonna make a Yahoo Group for everyone to join

Lotta weird decisions by the Committee this year. UF is definitely not a #2, and if we're not hitting shots from the perimeter we're probably gonna lose in the 2nd round. Also, Colorado being left out is a complete joke, especially with UAB and VCU inexplicably getting in.

Also, Sky, KState going that far is BOLD. As a KU fan (yes, they beat us this year) I watch quite a bit of the Big 12 and KState has been pretty rough. Outside of Pullen and Kelly they don't have much going on. Of course it's March Madness and absolutely anything can happen, so who's to say what the hell might happen.

I love this time of year.

I don't get why people spend a lot of time debating the seeding. The only advantage the top seeds have is to avoid some of the tougher matchups in the first 2 rounds. There really isn't that big of a difference between the competition that a 2 seed and a 3 seed would see though.

The homer in me wants to pick Duke to make it to the championship. The realistic me thinks Kansas looks damn good and I think UConn has a chance as well. I haven't even look at the brackets yet so I have no idea what regions everyone is in.