Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Stan Van Gundy is Awesome

time to update this thread.

Here is Colin Cowherds interview with Stern on the issue.

Click Here

cliff notes: it was everything we thought it would be.

Can anyone who has listened to it give the guys that can't pull it up at work some details?

I'm quite shocked at some of the things Stern said in this.

" Stan Van Gundy will not say anything else for the rest of the season "

Colin is right when he tells Stern he is playing into SVG's hands when he said "I can't have an opinion".

I also didn't like how he said "his team isn't performing well". The way he said it almost made it seem like he wants it like that...

Edit: Oh and saying he's "sad" when he is clearly angry when he is talking about it...was quite interesting.

Can anyone who has listened to it give the guys that can't pull it up at work some details?

off the top of my head:

"im not speaking to Stan about, only to the ownership"

"His comments were abhorrent"

"We will not hear from him again this season" This comment made me kinda nervous. It was said in such a slow and deliberate way.

Edit:

"I see someone whose team isn't performing, whose star player suspended.."

"he felt whatever position he was in to say something like this [makes me sad]"

Stern basically said he feels sorry for SVG and he said we would not be hearing from him for the rest of the season. It was all very menacing. I imagined his eyes glowing red and a vicious smirk spreading on his demon face.

• Upvote 1

Stern basically said he feels sorry for SVG and he said we would not be hearing from him for the rest of the season. It was all very menacing. I imagined his eyes glowing red and a vicious smirk spreading on his demon face.

sadaamstern01b_580x435.jpg

Just found this on the Sentinel-

Stern said Van Gundy's comments stemmed from frustration with his own team, rather than with the league.

"I see somebody whose team isn’t performing, whose star player is suspended, who seems to be fraying," Stern said of Van Gundy.

When asked if he's worried about any more comments from Van Gundy, Stern said he doesn't expect Van Gundy to speak that way again.

"I would venture a guess that we’re not going to be hearing from him for the rest of the season," Stern said. "I think when he stops and reads what he said, realizes what he did, he will say no more. ... I have a feeling some modicum of self-restraint will cause Stan, and the team for which he works, to rein in his aberrant behavior."

My link

Completely ignoring the point, not missing it IGNORING IT. I don't care if the team had 1 win on the season, hitting Dwight above the shoulders, making zero attempt at making a play on the ball, is a flagrant. The refs aren't calling it and Stern has some responsibility here. He sure as hell cares when it's one of his perimeter guys getting hit like this but not the bigs.

Rein in his aberrant behavior? You mean like speaking the truth?? I didn't think I could hate Stern any more than I already did, you sir are a giant POS, I don't use this phrasing lightly but he is a cancer on the league. I think I'll break into song now-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbVM_rxr7k&playnext=1&list=PL4D9119EAD53425ED

I wonder what the difficulty would be to pull at least 10-20 flagrant hits this year that were only called as a foul and make a video collage.

Then i wonder what the over/under of it is before NBA steps in and gets it pulled from youtube.

• Upvote 2

I wonder what the difficulty would be to pull at least 10-20 flagrant hits this year that were only called as a foul and make a video collage.

Then i wonder what the over/under of it is before NBA steps in and gets it pulled from youtube.

I would also try to locate the league definition of a Flagrant and include that in the mix.

It would last as long as a video of LeBron getting dunked on by some nobody.