Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Stan Van Gundy is Awesome

This is a joke.

Dear NBA Team owners,

It has been brought to our attention that our referees have been neglecting to make the proper calls in regards to fouling Dwight Howard. The public is demanding that we take immediate action, therefore we are going to make a change in the way we see things and we'd like you to vote for the result.

___ if it is a flagrant foul we are going to call it. 1 shot and the ball even if it is Dwight Howard being fouled!

___ we are going to look the other way when Dwight retaliates because your goons are trying to take his head off.

Please submit your choice by Friday so we can start implementing making the calls the way they should have already been.

Thank you,

David Stern

Commissioner

NBA

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This...is..exactly why I could care less whether Dwight gets a technical anymore. Howard, his coach, his teammates, etc, know the consequence of his retaliation could be debit to sterns wallet and a credit to Howard's. Why..why does Dwight retaliate? He's taken the onslaught for years. Think about it? Years of being slapped on the head and pushed around without the benefit of the whistle. Years of taking blows that a normal human being would violently retaliate in response. How does this man ****ing do it?! All you have to do is put yourself in his position and think.

Personally, I would have decked someone or delivered the jab cross hook uppercut.

No flagrant fouls..huh? Thats almost as unbelievable as Lebron not fouling out for an entire season...which..just so sadly happens to be true. The officiating ~sigh~

Dwight Howard has worked hard for his body and the development of his skill set. Howard is on the 20th floor while the second center behind him is on the 10th. The bar has been raised so high that no one wants to seem to challenge Dwight for dominance at his position. Thats just shows you the level at which he's grown. Ambition.

Dwight Howard and doesn't get the full satisfaction of being dominant at his position on the floor. Howard was slapped in the face in raked in the eyes this season. One of the games being against Boston where he is blatantly slapped in the face while dunking afterwards landing and holding his face in pain. Howard almost had to resort to wearing goggles for a game a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned the goggles not being comfortable in one of his interviews. An interview in which he had a blood shot red eye. He's been taunted and disrespected by opposing defenders and the officials have held their whistles and on slight occasions do will an official call anything. He's been held on the offensive and defensive boards which end with Howard staring down an official or even rolling the ball away. If he gets no respect to get a ****ing call then why should he respect the referee by handing him the ball?

Oh..and lets not forget the worst.......and absolutely tragic infliction brought that is still running strong thanks to the NBA not correcting it. FLOPPING. And now..this brings on a vent. Does the NBA really ****ing care for this game to not suspend the sons *****es that ruin the sport with this atrocity of defense?!?!?! Its been 15 ************** years and there hasn't been s*** done about so you already know the NBA doesn't give a DAMN about flopping!! The NBA has ignored flopping for so long that we even laugh about it now instead of being angry that the defender was being ***** for falling over like a *****! Our players even began to do this because the NBA wants to allow it. This strategy of defense doesn't benefit the players that built themselves and built their body to overpower defenders. Now people are getting called for senseless offensive fouls that brings on costs. People...like DWIGHT HOWARD.

****..that felt good....smile_shardhappy.png

• Upvote 6

If I came home and caught myself having sex with my Stan Van Gundy, I would give myself a high-five.

17170-15043.gif

Someone needs to do a YouTube mashup of the fouls Dwight's taken this year. Better if it was the ones that weren't called or the ones that were pretty blatantly flagrant.

Then juxtapose that with the "fouls" that are regularly called in favor of D'Wade or LeBron.

This would be 1 of the many reasons why Stern was boo'd on opening night. Flagrants are supposed to be called when there is unecessary contact and when the player makes no attempt to make a play on the ball. Unless Dwight is balancing the ball on his head Amare should have been called for a Flagrant 1 in the Knicks game and Noah should have been called for a Flagrant 1 in the Bulls game. Instead I can count 2-3 fouls every time Dwight gets the ball down low before a foul is called if it is called at all. You sneeze on a perimeter guy and it's a flagrant, I see guys making contact with Dwights head just about every game, grabbing his arms, etc and the refs seem to have a rule where you can foul Dwight 3 times for free before it's called on the 4th hit. News flash, if Dwight has to rebound the ball with 1 hand, its because some loser is grabbing and holding the other arm. It's an easy call, not something that anyone with 2 eyes could miss, they just don't bother to call it.

I don't care if the entire other team fouls out against Dwight, they should have to figure out some other way to play or in the words of the great Charles Barkley, "Take their *** kicking and go home."

• Upvote 1

lol I think it's funny that on nba.com they said that SVG is going to get fined once again by the league for his comments. Can't they just leave him alone? Punishing someone for speaking the truth or having an opinion that's not offensive to anyone is wrong.

lol I think it's funny that on nba.com they said that SVG is going to get fined once again by the league for his comments. Can't they just leave him alone? Punishing someone for speaking the truth or having an opinion that's not offensive to anyone is wrong.

Dissenting opinions must be silenced.

Oh, he'll get fined and Stern will definitely say something in retort. Even if what Stan said was true. Stern will probably say something about all the money that SVG and Dwight are making to play "his" game.

Oh, I'd say it is a definite that SVG will be a bit lighter in the wallet in the coming days. Still, he HAD to step up for Dwight in this situation. It is worth whatever fine he will receive. Stan did a tremendous job.

Agree, but I have to ask why it takes SVG 593 fouls & a suspension before he comes to Dwight's defense as well. Then there's the issue of having soft azz teammates.

Agree, but I have to ask why it takes SVG 593 fouls & a suspension before he comes to Dwight's defense as well. Then there's the issue of having soft azz teammates.

It's not the first time this season that he's complained about the treatment of Dwight and the hard fouls other people get away with. It's just the first time that the national media has picked up on it. It's been a recurring theme in his post game comments every couple of weeks.

Agreed. SVG is constantly complaining about the abuse Howard has to take every night and has been doin gso for some time now. It sucks but I don't see it changing.