AddiFB

20 years and I finally made it!

My favorite part

My fave was Shard's wave. His hand looked kind of... small....

Great pictures, Addi. Thanks for sharing, and glad you enjoyed my home town.

[quote

Stuff!

183230_1781327686294_1032508619_2044215_2920779_n.jpg

I forgot to tell you about a funny incident with Stuff. As you can see in some of these pics, he was fooling around quite near us (Wiz game). He jumped on the rail there and I heard something that made me turn around and when I looked back he was standing RIGHT NEXT to my mom, in our row. I pointed at him and yelled STUFF! He got all fired up, threw himself on top of my mom and my niece's boyfriend and I couldn't stop laughing. I got it all on video! But when I got home and wanted to check out the video.. it wasn't there. I WAS BUMMED OUT... I was more bummed out than after the the loss to the Kings. It was just an awesome experience!

180620_1781371127380_1032508619_2044281_8060120_n.jpg

180620_1781371247383_1032508619_2044284_3304956_n.jpg

182968_1781377767546_1032508619_2044293_3708729_n.jpg

I just LOVED the history section in the Center

184696_1782742641667_1032508619_2046203_5990369_n.jpg

183045_1782768802321_1032508619_2046250_323823_n.jpg

My younger niece. She made me proud when she wanted that jersey with her name on it.

184362_1782773402436_1032508619_2046255_1000939_n.jpg

It was really nice walking out to Gentleman's Jack after the game. Quite a lot of people there and lots of laughs and good chats going on

182946_1782783522689_1032508619_2046275_1418739_n.jpg

ADDi, by any chance that wouldn't be you down on the florr with the Magic dancers is it??????????? :pulpfiction:

Bumping this one because I am nominating it for the Hall of Fame. I think this is the best first person game attendance thread ever. If you haven't read it, you should.

Great write up Addi. You did an excellent job describing your experience and then followed that up with a bunch of great photos. I feel like I was there with you. I will be getting my first new arena experience next month and I'm very excited about it.

I've been having some trouble with my internet connection, and I'm sneaking online during my lunchbreak at work, so here goes for a few replies...

Great write-up Addi.

You're reactions to driving up, going into, and walking around the Amway Center are top-notch....made me feel like I was there again for the first time myself. It is a special building.

Very sorry you had to watch the Kings game. I was actually at both of the games you attending, and I know regret not trying to find out where you were.

Hopefully, you'll make it back here much much sooner than another 20 years!

Won't be another 20 years no! I'm quite sure I'll be coming next February, maybe earlier if possible... if there won't be a lockout, that is. When I come into town next time... bonfire party in front of the AC? I'll bring the marshmallows!

Wow, you can't go or stop anywhere near downtown Memphis w/o somebody asking you for change, but I've never had a reaction like this.

Nice write up AddiFB, reminded me of going to my first Buc game as a kid, seeing the real big 3 in the Garden, ect...glad you enjoyed the experience & the trip lived up to your expectations.

That guy at the gas station made both nervous and laugh, I just did not know what to make of it. NEVER experienced anything like it before. And yes... Loved Orlando. I've been bummed out since returning home.

Wow, Addi. . .Nyce! You gave me goose bumps reading the chronicles of your visit. That would be a nice write up in a local newspaper. I live just up the street (actually a few miles) north of Orlando. And even though I venture out of the State of Florida 3 to 4 times a year, I always look forward to coming back home.

At first, I thought your piece was too long for me to read. But the more I read, I could not stop until I had read the whole thing. It was very interesting. It gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Thanks, Addi, for sharing.

Orlando gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling too :D

Very Awesome Addi!!!

You've been such a consistent poster all these years and i hope any critiques i may have given you over the years with your increasing skills in photoshop in regards to your wallpapers, weren't taken as a selfish need for me to inflate my own ego or my own self-esteem.

Its very cool that you got to go to so many homegames, while you were on vacation here i hope you come back to orlando some day soon and check out a playoff game the atmosphere is awesome and i'm really excited to see how they do up the Arena for the playoffs.

Hah no I don't take criticism to my "skills" in a bad way :) Would love to catch a playoff game in the AC though!

That's awesome Addi, I'm really happy for you. We take a lot of things for granted because we live here but reading how you describe it is really cool.

Did you get a chance to see the car show at Old Town?

Noooo I didn't! We were kinda out of time so we just walked through Old Town, the kids got a spin or two in the karts and then it was time to go.. More time to waste next time!

Good stuff, man.

I imagine it won't be another 20 years before you make it back. ;)

If all goes as planned, 11 months! :D

Wow. Excellent read.

I was born and raised here in Orlando, and aside from the 5ish years I lived up in the mountains of Western NC for college, I'm now back again. My relationship with this place is wierd. Very love-hate. When you grow up here you become attached to things and this city is always changing. For instance - both of favorite childhood experiences involving the Magic involved eating at a resturaunt named "Ronnie's" with my grandfather and then going to Magic games at the Orena. Now they are both gone, and it can be depressing to think about. But after reading about your journey here it was refreshing to hear how someone views Orlando for the first time and it really made me a bit more appreciative of some of the little things - some that are new and some that have stayed the same all these years.

The truth is there's alot to hate about Orlando, but there's also things to love and it's nice to get a reminder of those things that tend to slip past when you live here.

So thanks for the reminder :-)

You know, I have the same feeling about my home here. I take everything here for granted, it's what I'm used to and it's also always changing, yet so staying the same. People who come here like it here a lot. But to me it's boring, cold, isolated and dull. But I always enjoy reading what other people think about this chunk of ice I call home. It gives me a new perspective and a new sense of appreciation for what I have and what I take for granted. But that said, I was bummed BEYOND going back home from Orlando. I wanted to stay there longer!

This is deserving of an instant Hall of Fame Thread selection.

In my opinion, it is the best thread in the history of the board. It brings out the joy of the game, and I liked that you didn't dwell on the King loss.

Kudos

Thanks for the huge compliment!

It sucked major balls to lose to the Sacramento Kings Anaheim Royals, but I didn't want it to ruin the experience for me. So I just smiled and thought "I'm here... HELL YEAH!" and went out into the concourses and walked around, experiencing the AC and then the neighbourhood.

I say its Hall of Fame worthy also. The structure of the paragraphs in the order they came is perfect. The details of his descriptions bought me into reality. The emotions he felt is something all die hard fan would feel. No casual fan can't feel anything like that. Being put on hold from his desires increase the want...the need.

I nominate this thread for Hall of Fame.

I guess the 20 years of constant dreaming/craving of going there might have amplified the experience for me. It was awesome throughout.

As an Orlando native, I concur with this thread.

I <3 it.

Alright, thanks man :shard:

Great read, a lot of it reminds me of my first experience at the new Amway, it was my 27th Birthday and I was watching the bulls take on magic. I'm guessing as you remembered so much you didn't drink as much as I did, you put it in words very well. Good to hear you enjoyed Orlando, I knew you would. You will never want to go to London again haha

London just fell of the touring map for me. All I can see now is Orlando. I'm counting down the weeks now. Oh and I remember it all, or maybe not... since I kind of blacked out there for a moment, in shock... but since I don't drink, I'm all memories :D

Great read Addi! Glad you made it in to our see our city. Tell you friends to come as well we need the business....

Too bad you never got to see a game in the old Arena. I love the new one but the miss the memories and charm the old one had. Someone should write a blog about it someday (not so subtle hint).

I'm trying to convince some of my friends to come over. I know a co-worker decided to go after I went, he's going in October.

And yeah, I'm really sad I didn't see a game in the old O-Rena. It was a bittersweet moment when I went to see it. First and last time seeing it. Darn...

Awesome photos Addi...the ladder sculptures are definitely interesting....that was one thing that wasn't quite ready for opening night.

Also, the weird dancing old people from the Villages always disturb me. I keep remembering the stories I've heard of rampant VD up at that place.

Anyway...awesome addition to the story.

Rampant VD? hah what is that?

Your such a tourist addi :P lol but good read. I'm glad you had fun.

It makes me stop and remember to not take what I have here for granted.

I try to think like that myself regarding Iceland, but it's just when you live in a certain city/country for your entire year, go through tough times there and just your everyday life is THERE, you get enough of it and want to experience something else... and you start taking what you're used to, for granted. I have the same feeling, yet I try not to take what I have here for granted, but I always do. Kind of.

Im sorry but If i wanted to read a book I would go to the library

Problem is, you don't have the attention span to read a Garfield comic, Curran, so nevermind the library.

Bumping this one because I am nominating it for the Hall of Fame. I think this is the best first person game attendance thread ever. If you haven't read it, you should.

I'm starting to blush here. I was wondering if I should write my little story and send it in to the Sentinel. Should I?

Great write up Addi. You did an excellent job describing your experience and then followed that up with a bunch of great photos. I feel like I was there with you. I will be getting my first new arena experience next month and I'm very excited about it.

Thanks emory. Glad you all liked the write up and photos. I want to go there again so bad! You're gonna love the AC, if you haven't been there already by now.

Hey, Addi great to know that. You're obviously the person that deserved this the most, true fan.

I'd like to visit the AC too, I could only make it to the Universal Studios :)

Oh, and your niece is hot

Great write-up Addi.

You're reactions to driving up, going into, and walking around the Amway Center are top-notch....made me feel like I was there again for the first time myself. It is a special building.

Very sorry you had to watch the Kings game. I was actually at both of the games you attending, and I know regret not trying to find out where you were.

Hopefully, you'll make it back here much much sooner than another 20 years!

Orlando Carpet cleaning