Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Making The List: The Top 25 Orlando Magic Players of All Time: #7

Vote: Jameer Nelson

Nominate: Bo Outlaw

are you going to wait until jameer gets more votes than scott skiles, or is there a certain time you're planning to end voting?

are you going to wait until jameer gets more votes than scott skiles, or is there a certain time you're planning to end voting?

Voting will end on whatever point on Saturday I get around to adding up the results, like it always does.

Vote Skiles, nominate Project Pat Garrity.

STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

I'll have to think about my nomination for a little bit before I put in my decision. I will say that I find it interesting that all 5 of the nominations are better players than Armstrong in my opinion. All Magic fans extremely overrate him because we love the guy. He was a roleplayer.

Vote: Rashard Lewis (cold-blooded, thank you for the playoff memories)

Nominate: Dennis Scott (as I said before; he has a tattoo of his own face on his arm. If that can't get you a nomination, what can?)

STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

I'll have to think about my nomination for a little bit before I put in my decision. I will say that I find it interesting that all 5 of the nominations are better players than Armstrong in my opinion. All Magic fans extremely overrate him because we love the guy. He was a roleplayer.

Interesting point. I guess I overrate players that I just love to see in the game because of their effort and enthusiasm for the game. For example, liking Skiles better than Rashard because when Skiles was in the game I ALWAYS knew that Skiles couldn't dunk, but was working with more effort than people expected, while Rashard seemed to be coasting and I was never really sure whether he could dunk because he preferred that little 4 foot running shot any time he was inside the 3-point line.

Same is true for Armstrong. We never doubted his energy or effort.

I guess I don't define TOP player the same as some other people do. I think that some of our BEST players only played to about 80% of their potential. Sad you can't have Armstrong's heart, or Skiles IQ packaged in a person with unbelievable skills. Oh, wait... That guy was called Michael Jordan.

• Upvote 1

I really don't agree with the long term memory loss that seems to be happening with this voting process.. not only do I think that Skiles & Horace are the next two guys who should be voted, but even if we have to pick between Jameer, Hedo, & Rashard, why should Rashard get the nod over Jameer & Hedo??

Just between those three guys alone, ask yourselves who made the plays, and who didn't? Who ran pick and roll, who drew fouls, who passed to who?? It's like saying Dennis Scott is more important/better than Penny or Nick. That'd be ludicrous. I can see making the case for Rashard over Jameer because Jameer's been hurt a lot, especially in '09. But Hedo? I don't get that.

Now I think Rashard Lewis is a more talented basketball player than Hedo Turkoglu when it comes to pure skill. But for whatever reasons, he showed far more of that versatility in his Seattle days than his Orlando ones.

I dunno, I'm just saying I don't get it. The Shaq & Penny days are VERY similar to Dwight's recent era, right down to the roles of the players, but for some reason the players that played similar roles seem to be viewed far differently than each other. Especially Rashard & Dennis.