Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic Vs. Lakers Sun. 2/13

Ghostanime, this game was the classic case of a game where the Magic feed Dwight for plenty of shots, shoot badly from the perimeter, but win because they play defense.

If the Magic would continue to feed Dwight and play defense, they'd be unstoppable.

• Upvote 3

Good win. I just won myself some money with a friend at work. Never really believed we'd win before the game, but very happy about the win. Play well for the majority of the game. Howard is too good when he's like this.

OMG YAY WE'RE CONTENDERS AGAIN. JUST GIVE US THE LARRY O'BRIEN TROPHY ALREADY W00T W00T.

But seriously, I loved watching that defense. This team CAN play dominate defense, but they haven't been able to do it for four quarters until today. From start to finish we made everything frustrating for the two time champs. Best win of the year for sure and hopefully the start of a win streak.

It was a GREAT WIN. A Win that could turn the Season around.

But please keep in mind LA missed ALOT of open shots. I mean ALOT.

They missed some, but not an unusual amount. That was just great defense from start to finish. Hedo and J-Rich both impressed me on Kobe, after getting torched by Willie *****ing Green the other night, I guess it lit a fire or something. Holding Kobe to 17 points on 18 shots was huge. There was always a hand in his face.

We did, too, but that's kinda been a theme lately.

Ghostanime, this game was the classic case of a game where the Magic feed Dwight for plenty of shots, shoot badly from the perimeter, but win because they play defense.

If the Magic would continue to feed Dwight and play defense, they'd be unstoppable.

A classic case, but I doubt we'll see anymore cases like this in the future against contenders to be frank. Of course, you gotta credit Howard for his one-on-one play (despite 6 turnovers), but I think the defense stood out a lot more.

edit: They didn't shoot that bad from the perimeter I thought?

Still wouldn't rely on it in a series, though. The Lakers truthfully missed a lot of easy perimeter shots. Not making excuses, but the win doesn't change my opinion about how the EC stacks up.

Results oriented criticism/praise aside...

That's the intensity the Magic need from JRich consistently. Defensively, its inexcusable for him to be surrendering blow byes w/regularity. If he brings the intensity vs. regs he brought vs. Kobe, he's at worst not part of the problem. Offensively, he can't relegate himself to being a spot up shooter. He has the ability to put the ball on the deck for a couple dribbles and finish & that's what this team needs when the offense bogs down. I don't think he even scored in the 2nd half & he didn't have a special offensive game by any stretch, but he was aggressive, and that would translate to better effectiveness most of the time, & surely vs. many teams the Magic have been dropping games to.