Sign in to follow this  
Chase

The Next 14 Games Will Either Make Or Break Our Season

For those that havn't checked our upcoming schedule in awhile here's the link- Schedule

We are about to enter the longest homestand of the season. This homestand will not be an easy one for we face the LAL,OKC,NYK,CHI,and NO in the next 14 games.

This is thee best time IMO of the season to turn our ship around and gain back much needed ground in the East.

With the HCA we should be able to pull these W's out. Hopefully this stretch will give this team the much needed confidence and the shot in the ass to come together and play like a Championship worthy team.

If we can pull a good streak out of this, then I feel the momentum will carry over into our road game (because we all know how bad we suck on the road) and give us a stronger mentality.

With that said IN MY HUGE HOMER OPINION, I say we go 13-1 in our next 14. The L will come against the Heat.

This is Magic's time. I feel baring trade, this is thee most important time to get things going instead of late March/April.

WE MUST HOLD DOWN OUR HOUSE.

The playoffs will make or break our season, nothing more, nothing less. Stan has until then to do what he can to get this team playing playoff basketball. If he can get it accomplished, nothing else matters.

The playoffs will make or break our season, nothing more, nothing less.

Agree & I'll take it a step further. Season, already broke. Playoffs, chance to salvage it.

Huge premiums on 1st & 2nd seeds in East this year. Short of an epic win streak &/or complete meltdowns, plural, Orlando will be positioned for most difficult possible line through playoffs. At this point, I'm honestly just hoping they can salvage home court in the first round, & get past ATL or NY w/Melo. If that doesn't happen, all this Dwight talk will reach fever pitch.

The next 14 games will have the same effect on our season as any other 14 regular season games.

I agree with this to a point, but the fact that this is a long home-stand, and a few of those games will be against teams we could see in the playoffs (NYC and CHI), it does matter how we play in these games. This team needs to start winning against quality opponents and we need to start clawing our way into the top three spots in the conference or I think we're in serious trouble.

We should feel fortunate that the trades were made so early during the season. Had they taken place near the February deadline, I'm not sure this team would have enough time to get it together before the playoffs. It's better to get a wake-up call (boy, I dread that phrase) now then to get one during a series. Ideally, you'd like to be in a comfortable position heading into the postseason so we could rest our starters, but it looks like we'll be playing every remaining game with crucial importance, ala 2007-2008 Magic.

Honestly, I'm not sure anything can be done to salvage the regular season. The best bet is to build some kind of cohesivness prior to the start of the playoffs. I think if we can get our stuff together we can can beat anything in the east with the exception of Boston. We officially have no answers for them.

I usually dismiss regular season stuff as non-sense but I do think this next stretch of games takes on some kind of importance. First of all this team is not the Celtics and Lakers who have had their rosters intact for at least 2 or 3 years. They have played 26 games together. They need to figure out what they are going to do and how they can actually run offense against good defensive teams. Everyone outside of Dwight and maybe Ryan Anderson have been bordering from slightly above-average to awful over the last few weeks.

Another thing to consider is that without a high seed this team is not going to get some kind of first round filler like they did the last 2 seasons. I kind of expect the Magic to end up with the 4 seed which means a 1st rounder against Atlanta or New York. That is not going to be an easy task. To ask this team to win 4 out of 7 against those teams and then possibly 2 of the 3 of Chicago, Boston, and Miami will be somewhat impossible. Then you have to do it again against the Lakers or Spurs.

I have never been one to expect a championship because our roster is somewhat flawed but I would like to see a more diverse offense and a greater sense of urgency moving forward.

I think being at home for the next few weeks allow this team to focus on that.

I usually dismiss regular season stuff as non-sense but I do think this next stretch of games takes on some kind of importance. First of all this team is not the Celtics and Lakers who have had their rosters intact for at least 2 or 3 years. They have played 26 games together. They need to figure out what they are going to do and how they can actually run offense against good defensive teams. Everyone outside of Dwight and maybe Ryan Anderson have been bordering from slightly above-average to awful over the last few weeks.

Another thing to consider is that without a high seed this team is not going to get some kind of first round filler like they did the last 2 seasons. I kind of expect the Magic to end up with the 4 seed which means a 1st rounder against Atlanta or New York. That is not going to be an easy task. To ask this team to win 4 out of 7 against those teams and then possibly 2 of the 3 of Chicago, Boston, and Miami will be somewhat impossible. Then you have to do it again against the Lakers or Spurs.

I have never been one to expect a championship because our roster is somewhat flawed but I would like to see a more diverse offense and a greater sense of urgency moving forward.

I think being at home for the next few weeks allow this team to focus on that.

This. It's the reason we keep losing now. I think our guys just look forward to playoff basketball and expect to turn it on. Same way they do when we make 4th quarter comebacks. We need to get the ball rolling. These games count and to simply dismiss them because it's not the playoffs is silly Sure a game 7 win against Chicago would be bigger than a win over the Timberwolves, but the way this team is playing, any win is big mentally for them.

This. It's the reason we keep losing now. I think our guys just look forward to playoff basketball and expect to turn it on. Same way they do when we make 4th quarter comebacks. We need to get the ball rolling. These games count and to simply dismiss them because it's not the playoffs is silly Sure a game 7 win against Chicago would be bigger than a win over the Timberwolves, but the way this team is playing, any win is big mentally for them.

I haven't seen anyone dismiss games for the regular season, but most some of us realize that it's going to take time for Stan to get them playing correctly (if he can do it), and that there isn't a particular game, or stretch of games, from now until the playoffs that is more or less important than the rest. It's silly to label games or stretches "must wins" or saying they will make or break our season. What is important is that Stan gets them all playing the way they need to play, and focused, before the playoffs start.