Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Heat's pointless line-up is a scary thing for Magic

Not worried about Jameer on MM. Stay home & if Heat try to post him, they are taking the only outside threat on the floor out of the equation...double/load paint, dare Lebron & D-Wade to beat you from 3.

Bigger concern w/o Bass, Dwight left to defend Bosh while also trying to help on LeBron & DWade. Foul Trouble waiting to happen.

The Magic should be used to Nelson not being able to guard anyone by now, dont think they'll be to surprised that the only person he could guard on the heat is Mario Chalmers and thats because he plays hot potatoe any time he touches the ball.

Last time I checked Russell Westbrook went off against the heats point guards (or pointless guards) for 23 points 7 rebs and 10 assists and green threw in 21 and 11 boards. Apparently it may be a problem for Miami too mr. poster.

Big difference between Jameer Nelson & Russell Westbrook.....we all saw that when we played them.

I still think we're gonna win this game....but I agree with the author....if the Heat go big don't see how Nelson can stay on the floor.

I'd be happy to be wrong about this one....

simple, you puy jj in for nelson and let him play miller or wade. his help defense is good and he will hustle out on the 3. let hedo and jj share the point depending on who is guarding who. if miller guards jj he can bring it. if wade guards jj then hedo. if wade guards jj he will have to stay out with him and keep him out of the help mode. i see the magic beating this line up.

Mr. Ball Junkie,

It's nice to know, every time I read a story in the sentinel that refers to Jameer as short, small, diminutive, etc., that without fail, you will make sure that story (and the particular line) is posted and quoted on the forum. Congrats, you didn't let me down!

Here is the deal. Jameer will get torched, and he will turn the ball over. . .a lot, then all the other point guards for the Magic will get blamed for the loss.

Mrs. Ball Junkie,

Would it surprise you to know that we have two players shooting over 40% from behind the arc for the season, and that Jameer is the one not named JJ (if you look at January, Jameer led the entire team from behind the arc)? Would it surprise you to know that, out of our main ball handlers, Hedo has the worst assist to turn over ratio, not Jameer (who apparently, according to you, turns the ball over... a lot, and that Jameer is recording a record high number of assists per game this season, and is STILL putting up respectable assit averages with the addition of Hedo and Arenas to the team (5.9 per game for the month of January which is down from his season average but still above both his previous season high and his career averages)? Would it surprise you to know that, when analyzed points given up by position, and compared to the rest of the league, it's the SF position that is killing us (almost last in the league for the Month of January compared to number 5 at the PG spot [credit BMP for looking that up])? Don't worry, I don't expect you to tell me what you think about any of that, I'll ask SoulBro or Marc Acres to respond for you (I'd ask Junkie, but getting him to respond directly to a question is more difficult than getting you to respond).

Mr. Ball Junkie,

It's nice to know, every time I read a story in the sentinel that refers to Jameer as short, small, diminutive, etc., that without fail, you will make sure that story (and the particular line) is posted and quoted on the forum. Congrats, you didn't let me down!

Mrs. Ball Junkie,

Would it surprise you to know that we have two players shooting over 40% from behind the arc for the season, and that Jameer is the one not named JJ (if you look at January, Jameer led the entire team from behind the arc)? Would it surprise you to know that, out of our main ball handlers, Hedo has the worst assist to turn over ratio, not Jameer (who apparently, according to you, turns the ball over... a lot, and that Jameer is recording a record high number of assists per game this season, and is STILL putting up respectable assit averages with the addition of Hedo and Arenas to the team (5.9 per game for the month of January which is down from his season average but still above both his previous season high and his career averages)? Would it surprise you to know that, when analyzed points given up by position, and compared to the rest of the league, it's the SF position that is killing us (almost last in the league for the Month of January compared to number 5 at the PG spot [credit BMP for looking that up])? Don't worry, I don't expect you to tell me what you think about any of that, I'll ask SoulBro or Marc Acres to respond for you (I'd ask Junkie, but getting him to respond directly to a question is more difficult than getting you to respond).

Take your stats and well articulated wall of words elsewhere peon. Jameel is short and sucks and we won't win diddly squat with him!!! We need Shaun Livingston!!!

GO MAGIC!!!!

BEAT THE HEAT!!!!

• Upvote 1

bj and i have gone back and fourth on many issues in the past few years. i believe since 2006. we have debated and disagreed on a number of things. however now we have 2 ideas that we feel the same about. one is the improvement of jj and two the need for a better starting pg. why do you think the sf position is getting killed. part of it is we can not stop pg penetration. pg gets beat help comes pg passes to open player to score. anyone on this board that thinks we do not need better defense at pg is not facing reality. nelson is a good player and a tough guy but would be better off playing on the second unit. i also have to say gilbert is not the answer. this team is very good but to be great they need to learn how to defend at the pg and ball movement. great shooters but no passing consistently. one last thing, and it may be just me, but has howard ever took responsiblity publicly ror his resonsibility for the teams poor play. i know he is a great player but just asking.

I would actually leave Jameer on the floor because I would absolutely love to see a team that features Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh run their offense through Mike Freaking Miller. He of championship success with the Wizards, Grizzlies, and Timberwolves.

I would actually leave Jameer on the floor because I would absolutely love to see a team that features Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh run their offense through Mike Freaking Miller. He of championship success with the Wizards, Grizzlies, and Timberwolves.

That was KITN's point earlier, it's a win for us if they want to run post ups through Mike Miller and ignore James and Wade on offense. Take their best long range shooter, put him in the post, and clear your best players out of the way so he can have room to operate? Okay! That might be like us pulling Dwight out of the paint so JJ can pust up Earl Boykins.

Not to double post here but how is this article even remotely serious. The Magic scored 124 points against the Thunder in Oklahoma City so to say they are a good defensive team is complete garbage.

Also I think a concept many do not seem to understand is that in the NBA perimeter players rule. You cannot hand check and anyone with a reasonable amount of quickness can penetrate into the painted area. It is their ability to finish that sets most apart. Watch a game where Deron Williams and Chris Paul play each other or any combo of the good point guards in the NBA. They all put up big numbers.

Like KITNO said the biggest problem will be keeping Dwight out of foul trouble as I would expect any team to try and attack the paint early and often. Just stop with this whole Jameer stuff. It is complete non-sense.

bj and i have gone back and fourth on many issues in the past few years. i believe since 2006. we have debated and disagreed on a number of things. however now we have 2 ideas that we feel the same about. one is the improvement of jj and two the need for a better starting pg. why do you think the sf position is getting killed. part of it is we can not stop pg penetration. pg gets beat help comes pg passes to open player to score. anyone on this board that thinks we do not need better defense at pg is not facing reality. nelson is a good player and a tough guy but would be better off playing on the second unit. i also have to say gilbert is not the answer. this team is very good but to be great they need to learn how to defend at the pg and ball movement. great shooters but no passing consistently. one last thing, and it may be just me, but has howard ever took responsiblity publicly ror his resonsibility for the teams poor play. i know he is a great player but just asking.

Isn't it fair to say every position outside of center could use an upgrade? If you want to over analyze our squad, then J-Rich is just a 3pt shooter. Hedo is too slow, makes boneheaded, shoots a crappy %, doesn't rebound well enough for his height, plays no defense. Bass plays no defense, takes too many shots, can't pass, isn't that great of a rebounder. Hell, Dwight can't hit free throws, turns the ball over, and his most glaring weakness: Can't hit the 3.

Atleast you didn't suggest Arenas should start.