Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Grizzlies

Come on! are you watching Magic games? Every time any player is passing up a 3 point shot SVG makes one of those annoying grimaces and then screaming at that player! he wants everyone to shot the ball with every opportunity! 32 three pointers tonight! do you think it is that hard for a professional coach to tell his professional players not to shoot so many threes and just pass the ball to Dwight or drive to the rim?

That's our style. Spread the floor with good three point shooters to give Dwight space inside. If we make some of those open threes we missed, you're not crying right now. It's not Stan's fault players missed open shots. Hell, Anderson was WIDE open late and airballed it.

Dude, the writing is on the wall. Everyone is banged up, we'll keep losing ground on the Miami/Boston/Chicago and struggle to keep the 4 seed.

If we let the Grizzlies of all teams light us up, what chance do we have against elite teams.

I know I'm sounding a bit overdramatic, but the Magic are in big trouble.

They beat Miami once and the Lakers twice

either way, I really do wonder how many people honestly think the Magic are 1st round exits because of these losses. Not only that, but I wonder if these people would continue to watch the team if it was guaranteed they'd lose in the 1st round.

Then I'd hope they would all stop posting. Wouldn't that be nice?

• Upvote 1

Saw some good things tonight. Still the same problem of not getting the ball to dwight when he is playing well. Not a big deal of a loss, back to back and had 3 players out with injurys tonight. We will compete with miami but im predicting a loss in that as well. I don't see us getting things together until after the all star break, very much like last year.

Do us a favor. Go chill out. Our season wasn't on the line tonight. It's just a regular season game in Memphis.

With all due respect, this argument is very old. I knew we were going to lose this game. It is the same story, different night. Personally, I do not like SVG at all- I think he dresses like a slob, is not very articulate, and in every press confernence he says "you know" a thousand times. His style of play is very predictable, and he has no answers at all for the zone defense, refuses to make adjustments when needed. He always takes out players when they are playing well. It is also an old argument he is better than hill or davis. I think we have more choices than those 2. Larry Brown, a coach with rings is available, why not give him a chance?

I think we will be murdered and raped by both the heat and boston, and I would not be surprised if we lose by 30 points or more. We have new players, and yet the seem to play like the old team. This is just one person's opinion and how I see things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love the Magic with a passion & it pisses me off wen we lose but its not jst the fact that we r losing

its the way we r losing!!

no common sense & too many stupid decisions!!

starting to run out of excuses for us!

i know we only been together for 6 weeks or so but still...unless our Defence, Effort & Common Sense doesnt improve we

will get knocked out in the Conference finals or dare i say it before!

still along way to go & loads of games to play but we must improve dramatically!!

Still i will always believe in our Magic!!

Saw signs of life from Gilbert, that's a start. But the team is beat-up like hell right now. Gil's on one leg, Jameer's knee is bothering him, JJ's shoulder, Bass ankle and Hedo's continuous back troubles as well as Dwight's having to log heavy heavy minutes.

Dude, the writing is on the wall. Everyone is banged up, we'll keep losing ground on the Miami/Boston/Chicago and struggle to keep the 4 seed.

If we let the Grizzlies of all teams light us up, what chance do we have against elite teams.

I know I'm sounding a bit overdramatic, but the Magic are in big trouble.

Celtics went 52-30 last year and were the 4th seed. They still won the East and were leading in the 4th quarter of Game 7 in the Finals. I would like for us to play better than we are right now, but come playoff time this stretch of games will be old news.

• Upvote 1

I don't see things getting better until we start D'ing up. The 32 threes I care very little about. Its the damn matador style defense that shows up on a consistent basis.

Celtics went 52-30 last year and were the 4th seed. They still won the East and were leading in the 4th quarter of Game 7 in the Finals. I would like for us to play better than we are right now, but come playoff time this stretch of games will be old news.

Problem with that is we aren't the Celtics.