Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Grizzlies

That game was bizarre. It was like a clone of the Chicago game except garbage players hitting shots and some of the strangest calls all year. Bad defense, turnovers geez. Gilbert had a good 4th so that is a plus, our players dropping like flies not so good. Who the hell is Sam Adams? Since when does Darrell shoot like that? Our defense was such a mess that Jameer was coming into the lane to help on bigs, how the heck does that happen?

I don't see things getting better until we start D'ing up. The 32 threes I care very little about. Its the damn matador style defense that shows up on a consistent basis.

We shot 25% from 3 and were missing key players and had a shot at it. If they would ever just play d for the whole game or even the majority of the game we would win these games.

Problem with that is we aren't the Celtics.

What's your point? I'm sure their fans were crying how they had no chance against Cleveland or Orlando after every loss too.

It's obvious you are pissed that the Magic lost and are taking your anger out on here. Chill out and take a deep breath. The season isn't over. Life goes on and the Magic still have a shot to make some noise in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

It's easy to call out the defense when players like Darrell Arthur, Sam Young, and Mike Conley make outside shots like it's practice on their driveway.

When you eliminate a team's 1st/2nd/3rd/4th options on the floor and leave their unestablished, shaky 5th option open, you expect a few stops here and there. Memphis is he latest team to bury us by hitting an uncharacteristically high shooting % from the perimeter, following the footsteps of OKC, Chicago and Detroit. Knowing full well that that isn't their norm (and it ISN'T), I can live with it. I just expect the law of averages to mercifully set in at some point.

THANK GOD! Someone get's it.

Celtics Have MENTAL TOUGHNESS, CONFIDENCE, oh yeah, and DEFENSE.

Our Mental Toughness= Dwight Howard getting T's in the Final mins of the game

Confidence= Stronger it was before the trade but no where near Championship ready

Defense= When you find it let me know.

• Downvote 2

They beat Miami once and the Lakers twice

either way, I really do wonder how many people honestly think the Magic are 1st round exits because of these losses. Not only that, but I wonder if these people would continue to watch the team if it was guaranteed they'd lose in the 1st round.

Then I'd hope they would all stop posting. Wouldn't that be nice?

Why are you so offended by someone else's opinion? Yes, I will watch every magic game that I can, and still love the Magic. I have league pass, and I have watched the Hawks, Bulls and the Knicks. I can tell it is not the same Hawks team, and I am not convinced we could beat them in a series. I don't think we could beat the bulls, and have no chance at all of beating the celtics , heat, lakers or spurs. Of course, this could change, if we get defensive players or a great coach like Larry Brown, but I don't see it happening.

What's your point? I'm sure their fans were crying how they had no chance against Cleveland or Orlando after every loss too.

It's obvious you are pissed that the Magic lost and are taking your anger out on here. Chill out and take a deep breath. The season isn't over. Life goes on and the Magic still have a shot to make some noise in the playoffs.

Valid point, I am frustrated. But it's easy to see why. The Magic have the tools to win it all and show flashes of greatness, but make silly mistakes and lose to the teams they have no business losing to. But, such as life for a sports fan.

That's lovely and all, but the point is that regular season seeding has very little impact on the playoffs. The Celtics weren't known to "turn it on" the playoffs before that year either. Most people were writing them off well before the 1st round and for the remainder of the playoffs too (well, until they beat the Magic).

The Celtics had problems with injuries and consistency, as well as effort for the whole year. The Magic have also had problems with consistent effort and personnel adjustment. There's no reason to expect a 1st seed or 55+ wins.

Hell, the Heat were 12-8 in their first 20 games, 15-8 in their first 23 games

This new Magic team is 15-8 after 23 games played together

Give it some time. Littering the board with knee jerk, doom and gloom reactions is what makes RealGM the pile of crap that it is and what most of us here try to stay away from because it gets away from quality basketball discussions.

• Upvote 1

Larry Brown? If we hired that kook he'd probably kick Anderson and Redick out of the rotation and demand Otis trade half the roster away.

Sinc SVG has gotten here he's won 50 games and win in the playoffs every year for a franchise that hasn't done either since 1996. Some of you have become spoiled babies with this success. Someday you'll look back and miss these days.

• Upvote 2

Why are you so offended by someone else's opinion? Yes, I will watch every magic game that I can, and still love the Magic. I have league pass, and I have watched the Hawks, Bulls and the Knicks. I can tell it is not the same Hawks team, and I am not convinced we could beat them in a series. I don't think we could beat the bulls, and have no chance at all of beating the celtics , heat, lakers or spurs. Of course, this could change, if we get defensive players or a great coach like Larry Brown, but I don't see it happening.

You act like people are born with the ability to play great defense and coach great defense. Defense is all mental.

It's easy to call out the defense when players like Darrell Arthur, Sam Young, and Mike Conley make outside shots like it's practice on their driveway.

When you eliminate a team's 1st/2nd/3rd/4th options on the floor and leave their unestablished, shaky 5th option open, you expect a few stops here and there. Memphis is he latest team to bury us by hitting an uncharacteristically high shooting % from the perimeter, following the footsteps of OKC, Chicago and Detroit. Knowing full well that that isn't their norm (and it ISN'T), I can live with it. I just expect the law of averages to mercifully set in at some point.

No its easy because its plain as day. Its easy because pg's have a rap sheet of lighting us up. Its easy because that's who we are. Name me one player outside of Dwight you would put in the same sentence with defense individually?