Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What more do you want from J. Nelson ? (commentary)

Pick and Fart....thanks for the assistance, although I'm still chuckling as I type your screen name.

Now, I've tried to interpret this data and here is what I conclude:

Arenas/Turk w/ Dwight is a +21 on the season.

Jameer/ Turk w/ Dwight is a -7.

Which is what I suspected.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

I think those stats should be taken with a grain of salt, just because there are so many other factors that can contribute to a "good" +/-. For example, who were the other two players on the floor with the three? But you can't read that and not wonder what the deal is. I want to say it's that Gil comes in and plays against the opponents second unit, but that would show he is doing his job right? Extending leads/gobbling up deficits when he is on the floor.

Edit:

It's more impressive that this is the case with how terrible he is playing. I love Gil but I still think he did something to that knee when playing the Celtics on Christmas Day. Hasn't looked right since.

Remember when I was getting flamed 3 months ago for suggesting this?

Those were good times.

Not me, I was "+1"ing every time I saw it written. I challenge someone to watch ONLY Bass for any 4-5 defensive possessions. No science or note-taking, just simply watch only Bass.

Then get back to me.

Not me, I was "+1"ing every time I saw it written. I challenge someone to watch ONLY Bass for any 4-5 defensive possessions. No science or note-taking, just simply watch only Bass.

Then get back to me.

He is easily the worst I have seen in a long time. The dude shows too hard, and can't recover on the PnR. His rotations make me want take a bowel movement on me feet as well.

Speaking of Jameer, I like how Redick, Howard, and Richardson are always ready to play ball. Whether its offensively or defensively. They have the focus of a person running for the presidency. These have been the most efficient players for me.

Osprey is correct also. I've seen some horrible pick and roll defense by Brandon Bass. Sometimes he gets used as an obstacle to get to the rim or even worse. There's been multiple times where Bass has even blocked his teammate from recovering. His pick and roll defense is just a nightmare on court. At least its gotten slightly better.

Im content with Jameers play and role for this ball club. We know what we get with Jameer, which isnt to say we cant wish for more. But, i think hes shown me enough over the years to give me the belief that he can get the job done.

I don't think Jameer is doing any better than what Arenas could do if he were given more minutes.

As a matter of fact, when the Magic is behind in the first quarter, there is comeback when the rotation that involves Arenas, Anderson, and JJ Redick enters the game.

Sure, last night Jameer made a couple of baskets attacking the basket, but he has had just as many turnovers dribbling into the paint. Jameer also over dribbles.

Did you see Jameer in the 4th quarter when bringing (walking) the ball up court. . .after crossing the time line (center line), Hedo held his hand out for Jameer to give him the ball. Jameer ignored him and kept dribbling. I think this happened in the last 2 minutes of regulation.

He is a ball hog and was determined to be the hero of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think Jameer is doing any better than what Arenas could do if he were given more minutes.

As a matter of fact, when the Magic is behind in the first quarter, there is comeback when the rotation that involves Arenas and JJ Redick enters the game.

Sure, last night Jameer made a couple of baskets attacking the basket, but he has had just as many turnovers dribbling into the paint. Jameer also over dribbles.

Did you see Jameer in the 4th quarter when bringing (walking) the ball up court. . .after crossing the time line (center line), Hedo held his hand out for Jameer to give him the ball. Jameer ignored him and kept dribbling. I think this happened in the last 2 minutes of regulation.

LOL

confirmation bias maybe?

I'm convinced that unless Jameer is averaging 10 assists per game (which isn't something this offense is predicated on), some of you are never going to be satisfied. He's actually the perfect PG for this system, so it baffles me how much blame he gets here when he does pretty much what is asked of him. Does he stop pushing the ball from time to time? Yes. Does he take hero shots? Yes. Does he stop attacking from time to time? Yes. Are those any reasons to consistently blame losses on him, which appears to have become the norm in these parts? No, not at all. He has lapses just like every player in the league.

And for the love of god, if someone blames him defensively for someone Else's missed rotation or poor showing on a pick n roll, I might bludgeon someone to death with a hipster loafer.

• Upvote 2

As a matter of fact, when the Magic is behind in the first quarter, there is comeback when the rotation that involves Arenas and JJ Redick enters the game.

What percentage do you think Gilbert would shoot if he was given more mins?

Out of the 3 players in our 2nd unit, Ryan, JJ, and Gilbert, who was responsible for the comeback?

Was Jameer walking or pushing the ball up till the 4th? Was Philly back on D? Would you rather have Hedo, Jameer or Bass taking shots in the final mins in a game where JJ and Jason were missing everything?

Is Jameer more effective when he is passing the ball or when he is attacking? How well has Gilbert been attacking the rim? What happens to our offense when we have very passive play from our point guard, like say when Duhon was in and was passing up shots when he was open?

LOL

confirmation bias maybe?

Not really. I wasn't a fan of Arenas before he was traded to the Magic. The relative that I visit in D.C. liked him, but I didn't. And I had mixed feelings about him when I heard he was being traded to the Magic because of his history of injuries. But the man has talent and could be a difference maker once he hits his stride, and I believe in giving a person a second chance.

In the past, I have given Jameer the benefit of the doubt (second, third, fourth, and fifth chances). I'm not saying that the Magic should trade Jameer, but he has just as many problems he needs to work on as Arenas.

What percentage do you think Gilbert would shoot if he was given more mins?

Out of the 3 players in our 2nd unit, Ryan, JJ, and Gilbert, who was responsible for the comeback?

Was Jameer walking or pushing the ball up till the 4th? Was Philly back on D? Would you rather have Hedo, Jameer or Bass taking shots in the final mins in a game where JJ and Jason were missing everything?

Is Jameer more effective when he is passing the ball or when he is attacking? How well has Gilbert been attacking the rim? What happens to our offense when we have very passive play from our point guard, like say when Duhon was in and was passing up shots when he was open?

Marc, you ask too many questions. My head hurts.

I will defer to someone else like balljunkie, soul bro, or MagicLA to answer for me :lol: