Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Movies you liked that go against Critical and Public Appeal

So an interesting question got posed to me the other day, I was on the subject of movies with a bunch of friends and after discussing the newest Tron film it turned too a discussion about Movies you loved that pretty much the majority opinion on it sucked. We eventually extended this to other mediums like books, comics, albums, and games but the primary thing here was movies. For my part my list was so freaking long that I pretty much announced how easy of a person to entertain I am but it was a discussion we had a lot of fun with and I thought would be a fun one to pose to my friends here at Truebluenation. Any movies you carry a secret flame for that you normally would be embarrassed to admit? Any movies that you saw and loved and just couldn't understand the hate it received? Let us know!

For my part, as I said my list was so long it would actually be easier to ask what movies have I seen that I didn't like. But the ones that really top the cake are:

-Daredevil

-Elektra

-The prequel Star Wars

-Pirates of the Caribbean 3

-Tron: Legacy

I am unapologetic in my love for Death to Smoochy.

I liked Death to Smoochy.

I'm a big fan The Princess Bride, though it has it's own little following, so it isn't really against public appeal. Hmmm, maybe the two original Rob Zombie movies, House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects.

27 Dresses

That's only because you have 27 dresses that you like to wear.

Ha Ha, get it? I'm calling you a girl.

• Upvote 1

Basically every single action movie, people take them too seriously. Example: Predator 2. Great movie, I start laughing just thinking about it.