He originally left to broadcast the Cub's games for his famous grandfather Harry Caray. He left that Gig and I believe went to Atlanta where his Dad announced. I believe he was let go from the Braves directly and now works for Fox Sports South, still covering the Braves and I think some other sports as well. I actually just looked it up and there was a link for him on TBS. http://www.tbs.com/stories/story/0,,44182,00.html

That's right. Harry was his grandfather. Not his Dad. I stand corrected.

For all the bashing on our announcers in here, I wonder how many of them had to listen to the Cavs announcers last night. My ears bled a lot last night.

For all the bashing on our announcers in here, I wonder how many of them had to listen to the Cavs announcers last night. My ears bled a lot last night.

ABSO-F****N-LUTELY.

Especially that older guy (ex player?) with his ridiculous cheering and "slick lines" (ie "Superman did a texas twostep but got away with it" or sth) makes you wonna drive the coffee table through the tv.

He keeps staring at the camera and makes it for a very awkward interview. He looks at the camera and it's almost like he's trying to pierce your soul. He continues to look awkward and then gives out an awesome "Alright, thanks man" and to top it all off he goes running to the locker room and right before he goes in the tunnel he goes to fist bump the security guard but once he realizes the security guard wasn't having it he turns his fist bump into a fist pump and fades into black

Really, it's the best interview ever. And this isn't to mention him sweating profusely throughout the whole thing.

I just noticed that. Epic. Truly epic.

I had to listen to the Spurs announcers a few weeks ago and one them had to scream "Red Rocket!!" every time Matt Bonner did anything positive on the court. It was kind of funny the first few times because it made me think of that South Park episode. After the 10th time he did it, I wondered if I could make it to San Antonio with a shotgun in time to put both of us out of our misery.

ABSO-F****N-LUTELY.

Especially that older guy (ex player?) with his ridiculous cheering and "slick lines" (ie "Superman did a texas twostep but got away with it" or sth) makes you wonna drive the coffee table through the tv.

That was annoying. I hate how one sided the commentators are. I live in England, where generally when you watch a sports game, the commentators try and be unbiased. (Unless its England V another country.) Feels kinda weird to hear such bias when you watch the games.

One of the most annoying parts was when Jameer dropped the ball, and it rolled to AV, and the commentator started going on about how it was a great steal and how he always is in the passing lanes etc. Or getting ridiculously overexcited when AV blocked a fairly poor Hedo layup even though AV had just been the victim of a massive block by Dwight.

To be fair to them, towards the end of the game, they did start complimenting the magic, which was nice.

Wow.. you guys are bringing back memories of the whole FSN fiasco, when fans had to find "alternative" methods of watching games. Or should I just say I bought League Pass for a while? Wait, that wouldn't make sense anyway because it was blacked out...

Anyway, had to put up with quite a motley crew of opponent game announcers back then. My two least favorite are Houston/San Antonio, you know, that whole Fox Sports Southwest crew. Screw those guys... and Boston's color commentator. Talk about biased! Make me want to meet them personally and crush their grapefruits, so to speak.

The one I don't mind that much are Golden State & Toronto.. even though they're obviously biased too, at least they're EXCITED for their own team when they do something positive and well.. as opposed to just endlessly bashing the opposing team and/or referees, just because.

I still feel we're pretty lucky with Steele and Guokas.. when they're not rambling.. but yeah, I miss Chip & Goose something fierce. Chip calling Dwight's career would have been AWESOME. LOL, every block would be a moment in history, in Chip's eyes.

He keeps staring at the camera and makes it for a very awkward interview. He looks at the camera and it's almost like he's trying to pierce your soul. He continues to look awkward and then gives out an awesome "Alright, thanks man" and to top it all off he goes running to the locker room and right before he goes in the tunnel he goes to fist bump the security guard but once he realizes the security guard wasn't having it he turns his fist bump into a fist pump and fades into black

Really, it's the best interview ever. And this isn't to mention him sweating profusely throughout the whole thing.

Did not notice that the first time i played it.

Now i re-watched and could not stop laughing.

Good find, BMP.

I watched that video about 4 times and I still can't get this joke. Maybe, it's because of different countries and cultures, but I would really appreciate if someone could help me find the funny part :)

It was more about the mannerisms of Earl as he was a little embarassed when Dwight was fawning over him and at the end he is just being himself telling the interviewer alright thanks man like he was talking to a buddy instead of a sports announcer on national TV. We love him because he's real, no phonyness about him. We Americans have a different sense of humor sometimes. How people react to things can be very funny.

Bumping this for the greatness that is Earl Clark.

And btw, looking at the person you are talking to is a sign of respect. Reminded me of this interview here of my favorite player on the Pats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53F49bZnPuU

EC looked at the camera to address the audience. When he was looking at the camera, he was grabbing your attention. And for the "alright, thanks man" thing, I would have said the same at the end of the interview. I still don't get it.

BUT as for his on-court performances lately, he brings a lot of energy and hustle. I still can't believe the depth of our team. We have Earl Clark, who can produce if given big minutes, at the latter end of our active players.