Very rarely, a few times in a lifetime, you see a player play a game of basketball, and when the game is over, nothing can ever be the same. Walls have been pulled down, barriers broken, a dimension of feeling, of existence itself, has opened in you that was not there before. Earl Clark is a player of this magnitude.

Earl Clark may be the most gifted player I’ve ever seen; gifted not just because of his imagination, his energy, his originality, but because he has access to the unutterable, because he can look inside the game and discover the unique essence of its humanity.

To see him play basketball is to have yourself taken apart, undone, touched at the place of your own essence; it is to be turned back, as if after a long absence, into a human being.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

That's true. I forgot he was in his last year. He'd be a free agent but I don't think he can be paid more than what the rookie scaled contract would have given. So we don't have to worry about being outbid. A CBA expert would know for sure, but that is what I've taken away from the CBA.

I'm not a CBA expert by any means, but the Magic can't pay him more than his rookie contract; any other team can certainly outbid Otis to sign Earl, the GOAT.

I'm not a CBA expert by any means, but the Magic can't pay him more than his rookie contract; any other team can certainly outbid Otis to sign Earl, the GOAT.

I think no team can pay him more than the rookie scale, that's the part that isn't clear in the CBA.