Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Am I the only one?

I thought given the circumstances we showed clear glimpses of how very good this team will be in about 15-20 games.

Hedo handling the ball is huge and I forgot how deceptively fast he is specially when he gets the ball in the backcourt he gets into the offense going so fast with his giant strides - and you can see the chemistry with Howard is there - thats going to b huge.

I'm sure SVG will let Arenas know not to take early clock jump shots just inside the 3 - -- drive or shoot a 3 but not the dreaded long 2 with 15 sec on shot clock - but I think he showed how as a 6 he's going to be huge especially when Meer isn't clicking.

JRich seemed the most lost but he was in a whole different type of system but once the offense gets organized he'll actually have the easiest role so that will come around.

Malik Allen (nothing personal) he just stanks, clearly overmatched and now maybe hurt - Otis is going to have to fix that sooner rather than later...when does Anderson get back?...

The one thing that was hyped about the trade that I didn't fall into was the lack of a backup Center.

NOW I am worried. Before, with Warlock, when Dwight would go out, we would go from about 100% to 50%. Now, we go from 100% to -20%. It scares the junk outta me.

Hopin Otis makes a deal soon. (buh-bye Duhon or J-Will?)

Yeah Allen is tuurrible (Barkley accent added). Definitely gonna have to find a piece or 2 there. I wonder if at times we need more length at the starting 4 spot. I like Bass but it seems like vs teams with length we struggle. I almost prefer Bass in a Glen Davis role. Maybe as the season goes on he can learn to keep guys from rebounding.

Al Horford: "They have the same kind of team. They're shooters. They're the same team but with different players."

Atlanta is getting way too cocky. They got swept by Magic in the playoffs and now they want to act like they actually play defense.

1-2 against them this year. Could easily be 0-3. Havent looked good against them once this season. He has the right to be that way. But, what I have learned... regular season wins dont mean **** other than playoff position and for some, that doesnt even matter. So, let him enjoy it now.

Al Horford: "They have the same kind of team. They're shooters. They're the same team but with different players."

This is my impression & primary criticism of the deals along with the cap situation. Everybody involved in this process from Otiz to Shard have commented the lack of defense is what precipitated this mass inseason turnover. Yet, the deals themselves don't address defense at all. From my perspective, it appears Orlando has gone backwards, & made a complete transformation to Pheonix or Golden State w/Dwight.

Now, if Otiz can parlay the extra pieces of this unbalanced roster moving forward into a legit defensive 4/5 & a legit defensive 3 to compliment this new group of perimeter scorers, the roster would take on a more balanced look imo.

We pushed the pace a little more so that was good. Hedo didn't look bad defending Smith, Richardson played hard, Hedo did a good job of getting the ball into Dwight and he didn't seem to force anything. If he keeps those things up he could be helpful.

I don't want to pick things apart after 1 game but Gilbert displayed the tendencies that I am worried about. Forcing bad shots and shooting poorly. Hopefully that works itself out.

My biggest problem with this game is Bass's inability to locate a 6-10 Horford. Bass has been here and he managed to look more lost on D than the new guys. He seems to be fine if he is defending a guy 1 on 1 but he's making me mental with how late he is on rotations.

we need this line up

Arenas

Jrich

Turk

Anderson

Howard

to start.

That leaves

Nelson

Redick

Q

Bass

Stuff

it gives us the stretch 4 again but one who actually rebounds and we have a rafer alston type pg, but one that can score.

idk if u guys remember but that team was so nasty with rafer and the stretch 4

I'm digging this too. Or just flip/flop Arenas & Jameer. Anderson will be huge for us. I liked the glimpses I was able to see and can't wait till we start rolling.

I wonder if we'll have a Lue/Alston thing going on soon. We trade a 2nd or something for Battie and if we see it isn't working we trade Redick for some quality. I'd hate to lose Redick, especially not knowing if we'll be able to re-up J-Rich. And you can't undervalue Redick's IQ and toughness. But fact is our guard rotation is heavy now and if he can get quality minutes elsewhere and we could get what we need it'd be great for all parties involved.

Just a thought.

we need this line up

Arenas

Jrich

Turk

Anderson

Howard

to start.

That leaves

Nelson

Redick

Q

Bass

Stuff

it gives us the stretch 4 again but one who actually rebounds and we have a rafer alston type pg, but one that can score.

idk if u guys remember but that team was so nasty with rafer and the stretch 4

I think Arenas will be more effective coming off the bench. Kind of like Vinny "The Microwave" Johnson used to be with those Pistons teams that won championships in the 1980s. Although, Arenas will drive and dish way more than the Microwave ever did. But, as long as he keeps a good attitude about being a 6th man, he can provide that energy spark with the 2nd unit that we really lack. Plus, as has been said by others here, Jameer is the starter and has earned that right.

I do kind of like your idea of having Bass come off the bench as well, for a lot of the same reasons as I do for Arenas. The question will be how well Ryan Anderson will rebound and play defense as a starter. Ryan has a height advantage over Bass and could be more well suited to start at the 4 than Bass for that reason. With Rashard gone, this will really be Ryan's chance to show that all the hype about his potential is for real. Hopefully, he'll seize the opportunity and come up big (pun intended) once he gets healthy. That could really help our size issue if Ryan can average 7 or 8 boards per game as a starter, while stretching the defense at the other end with his outside shooting ability.