Sign in to follow this  
The Truth

Holiday Gift to All...The Truth Has Returned!!!!!

Alas, it has been too long however The Truth has returned to The Truth's Kingdom to look over The Truth's people. A few things...

The Truth's first trip to the new Orena was an enjoyable experience. A wonderful(albeit unnecessary) building it is. Immaculate condition, televisions everywhere, a legit Magic Fanatic, up or down flush toilets(way to be green Orlando), refillable soda's, chicken tenders&TOTS!!!!(reason enough to go right there), and a Magic win(against Phoenix). All in all a good night.

Now, the trade. The Truth has seen a bevy of topics about it and The Truth says this...The Truth kinda likes. While The Truth has anointed Hedo as the new DS(for those of you confused by this, The Truth tells you to ask an elder...or The Truth will give you a greater detail of the DS Experience at a later date) The Truth cannot deny that despite his thinking he is better than he really is, Hedo can flourish in Orlando's system. Hopefully he is rejuvenated enough to give a damn now and is not fat and happy from the contract. Jason Richardson is solid...decent ballplayer. Gilbert...as has been said, should benefit from a change of scenery...and one thing Gilbert can do for sure is score(he did beat DS in a 3 pt competition at a Wizards practice once...one handed...with his off hand...rot in hell DS).

Looking at what left Orlando, something had to be done. The Truth does not feel that it was a panic trade as many in the media do. Vince and Rashard were useless. Vince never regained the swagger he had early in his career and was fine shooting horrible 3's or jumpers. If Rashard could have gotten back on the juice maybe he could have been something better than what he evolved into...a 6'11 jump shooter? Even Dirk will drive to the rim once and a while. The Truth feels that used differently Shard could have been a beast in this offense, but he never wanted that. He was content to stand at the 3pt line and knock down shots which is fine, until the shots don't drop. When someone can simply stand in front of you and show weak d...and you still can't make a shot...changes have to be made. Gortat was expendable with Bass playing the way he has however a decent big still needs to be found.

The Truth is genuinely excited by the moves. Orlando can certainly score now, but can they stop anyone? It should definitely be interesting to see. The Truth feels that they are the 2nd best team in the East behind Boston. Despite the run Miami has gone on they still cannot stop anyone inside. Hopefully the team can gel rather quickly and get by Boston and then LA. 'ship.

Also, The Truth has visited the boards from time to time...The Truth would love to have Melo here...shouldn't happen but whatever. The Truth is actually kind of dumbfounded by the CP3 talk though. Arguable the best PG in the league, however he's not exactly pass first either...in fact there are not many pass first PG's in the league anymore. If Orlando was to trade Jameer to acquire CP3 are they not in the same position? Good center, upgraded PG...everything else remains the same. Give The Truth good center, good pg, and upgrade everything else.

The Truth thanks you all for reading and wishes all of you a wonderful Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Boxing Day.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Damn I missed The Truth and his love for chicken tenders. If it wasn't for him I would of never experienced the chicken tenders at the orena....

DS? Who is DS?

Deshawn Stevensen. Truth is old school...very old school.

• Upvote 1

When The Truth talks about The Truth in third person like The Truth always does... I can't help but get this awful vision of Paul Pierce and LeBron mixed together in one person.

Damn I missed The Truth and his love for chicken tenders. If it wasn't for him I would of never experienced the chicken tenders at the orena....

DS? Who is DS?

just finished reading and i am wondering the same thing...

DS - ... Nintendo DS a_A?

nice read

EDIT: thanks Marc Acres 3:16

When The Truth talks about The Truth in third person like The Truth always does... I can't help but get this awful vision of Paul Pierce and LeBron mixed together in one person.

Reminds me of Rickey Henderson. He always talked in third person. I like it.