Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

Magic Compensation to the Miami Heat Is????

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

Now this by no means, is official, or anyhting, especially since I cant find it anywhere...

but two seperate guys here in my office.. say the deal was one of our second rounders this year... and a "flip" of first rounders next year..

I asked them if it was conditional... they said no.. I said like a Gamble? he said kinda - from what he says - no matter what happens, we flip picks with them next year in the first round, basically they would be gambling that they will be better than us next year....

I called malarchy on the guy - that sounds ubsurd, but then another dude came in said he heard that too...

like I said, I cant find diddly on it - and it smells like BS, I guess they will tell us later in the day... cause Im not buying these guys story.. especially after I couldnt find it where they said they heard it from.

Hey Hater, MC reported this on JUNE 5th that this is what Riley wanted. Hate all you want bud, but no one had this information except MC until TODAY JUNE 7th.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I will laugh my *** off if the swapping 1st round picks rumour is true.

Yes, especially when having a better record and getting a better pick. Talk about a rivalry!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:

Now this by no means, is official, or anyhting, especially since I cant find it anywhere...

but two seperate guys here in my office.. say the deal was one of our second rounders this year... and a "flip" of first rounders next year..

I asked them if it was conditional... they said no.. I said like a Gamble? he said kinda - from what he says - no matter what happens, we flip picks with them next year in the first round, basically they would be gambling that they will be better than us next year....

I called malarchy on the guy - that sounds ubsurd, but then another dude came in said he heard that too...

like I said, I cant find diddly on it - and it smells like BS, I guess they will tell us later in the day... cause Im not buying these guys story.. especially after I couldnt find it where they said they heard it from.

Hey Hater, MC reported this on JUNE 5th that this is what Riley wanted. Hate all you want bud, but no one had this information except MC until TODAY JUNE 7th.

man, get out of MCs ***, where did the dude say he was the first to break the news, he was simply stating what he had heard from a colleague, this forum is not a race to see who can post what info first. GROW UP!

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

quote:

man, get out of MCs ***, where did the dude say he was the first to break the news, he was simply stating what he had heard from a colleague, this forum is not a race to see who can post what info first. GROW UP!

ok by far the most moronic thing I have heard was from you. Why does anyone need to toot their own horn and say "BREAKING NEWS: Heat will get a second round pick from the Magic this year."" The point is he was first and he does not sit on his site and say "BREAKING NEWS" all the time. He puts out what he hears and that to me is more of an insider versus someone that has to always get on a soap box saying they have an exclusive story. your reasoning has to be the lamest I have ever heard. Point is on June 5th he told us what Riley wanted for bare minimum compensation. He also told us the league was inolved with the Billy situation and now with the Riley situation. It may or may not come out how much the league was involved, but it did come out after MC that David Starn may step in an ban Billy. How do you expect any of us fans to hear everything that goes on behind close doors with upper management? Bottom line is MC has sources that reach beyond just his ones with the Magic and for people that have followed him we know he has a much better track record than any local media and that is all I care about.

Instead of getting all bent yesterday when reports were Stan was headed to the Kings I read what MC had to say. He calmed me down and I kept the fait. he was the only place I could find any hope that Stan may still be our coach. He was right and I appreciate him for that. It is much better than reading the roller coaster the Sentinel has provided since the day the season ended.

Look back at the Sentinel's column's over the last month. First Hill stays, then he may have to change, then he will be fired, then he will be staying, then they quote him saying he felt he was staying, then he was fired. Then we look at Billy, then no way we talked to Billy, then we talked to Vincent, then no way we talked to Vincent, then we interview Iavaronis, then the Magic confirm we never interviewed Iavaroni, then Billy signs, then billy walks, then it will drag out all week, then the Magic refute that and release him, then Stan has decided on the Kings, then he is now the coach of the Magic. Reading the Sentinel & Florida Today over the last month has made me realize how out of touch these beat writers really are.

Just wait until free agency and Schmitz has us signing everyone possibly available just to cover his assss when we sign a player.

quote:
The Heat will receive Orlando's second-round pick (39th overall) in the June 28 draft as compensation for agreeing to release Van Gundy from his contract. The Heat has the No. 20 pick but did not have a second-round pick.

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/131860.html

Man, that sucks we gave away our first 2nd rounder. That was a pretty good pick. Riley screwd us!!!

Ouch, that does sting a little bit. We could have gotten a pretty good player with that pick.

quote:

You have nO idea what yoU Are talkin about... once again pRoving your stupididty and your blind lovE for mc...

go Ahead and post me a link to were Mc had anything tO say about a swap foR the first rOuNd pick...cAnt find iT? yOu knOw why? it doesnt exist....

go cLown around in Someother Thread please, unless you have something useFul to add, which you havent ever prodUced before, so i doubt its coming any time soon.

you make yourself look even more foolish everytime you try me MFB, just leave it alone, save some face

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

**** ****** *** **** ****** *** **** ****** *** **** ****** *** **** ****** *** **** ****** *** **** ****** ***

LOL, I've felt like posting something similar to this a couple of times this week. I think I'll go ahead and let it out.

**** **** *** **** ***** **** sucker **** piece of **** *** dog **** Bob Saget **** ***.

That actually helped.

Good to see Riley talking nice about Stan, even saying he is the best young coach in the NBA. I know he is partially saying this just because he wanted draft picks from us, but still it's a nice compliment from a man who has been there and done that.

quote:

MIAMI, FL, June 7

quote:

Seems like you heard it right