NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Agreed. Have we all forgotten that Dwight and Varejao come pretty close to an all-out brawl almost every time they face each other? I can't imagine Dwight would have chemistry issues with VC and Pietrus, who admittedly had their faults but personality-wise weren't a huge problem, but would be fine with Varejao, who exudes douchebaggery in every way...

Any competitive rivalry gets chippy. Once you're on a team, all of that is set aside. Varejao is a gnat- he just pesters you with his rebounding, defense, fouling, flopping, and hustle. Like I said before, he's on of those guys you hate if he's the opponent, but you'd love as a teammate. Personally, I think we still need a hustle guy

My vote goes for Varejao. Dude is annoying playing against him which is why I want him here. Its kinda like having a mild Dennis Rodman. Imo, he could start at the 4 or could spell Dwight for 10 minutes and if Dwight gets foul happy, he can play extended minutes. Hes battle proven which is a must for this team. Thabeet would be nice with potential but he could be a dud.

Haywood? eh. Hes a big man.

SoulBro...help me here, why do you think that AV and Dwight could exist on the same planet, let alone the same floor? LOL

Of course I agree that if it could work it would be what we need, but I can't see the long term gain $ wise or chemistry either?

AV is a great athlete and defender of the 4 and 5 and a complimentary piece. He doesn't need the ball and we have plenty of fire power at the 1-3 and 5. IMHO, against KG, Bosh, Gasol and Odom, AV is far superior a defender than any other guys being mentioned in this thread. Plus, he's familiar with Orlando and known to be a great teammate, from what I've read.

I'd rather have Varejao than Haywood. Both contracts are horrible, but Varejao can play PF and C.

Since when did above-average bigs getting paid around 8mil a year become awful contracts?

Honestly, AV and Dwight would need to go to Five Guys and just get drunk on cheeseburgers before Otis acquired him, if he could at all. I know players are competitive and whatnot, but those two downright get into eachothers asses when they play. I can't see them co-existing, I just can't. I'd like to, but I just can't. Sorry. End of story. Finish.

• Downvote 1