Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Do the Magic have a better "Melo Package" than before?

Gortat, nelson and VC's expiring throw in bass, JJ and stuff if you have to one team has contending talent one team was in the lottery last year.....pretty damn good.

That's just terrible. This is Melo we're talking about here. You don't trade away your entire team for Melo. If Otis seriously offered the Nuggets that package and it went through I think the man would've needed to be checked for brain damage.

So what youre saying is some team is willing to pony up more than our offer and use him for a rental?....seriously....here are all our valuable assets (because thats what denver would want from any club) for a rental and once you get here we will beg you to stay. No way, no how will a team make a trade of alot of taent for a rental or a player who hasnt signed an extension BEFORE the trade. And by the way Lebron and Wade took a pay cut to go where they wanted and screwed their clubs on departure for at least 5 years and the denver situation has been more confrontational to melo already than lebron or bosh. The nuggets have no leverage...period...zero. Melo goes where melo wants and Orlando with dwight would have been very attractive.

Actually, Dallas might be in that position. Cuban really wants to win and he's one of the guys that will spend as much as possible to make Dirk happy, and Melo would definitely help the team even more.

Then there's the Nets, the owner himself has said he can convince Melo to stay. They're most likely moving to Brooklyn and their future might be bright (pun intended).

And finally the Knicks, the ONLY team Melo reportedly would sign an extension to. They have the expiring of Curry AND young talent to get him.

Now, if Melo doesn't think about extending with the Magic, why would Otis offer much? If he did plan on trading for Melo, I'm sure it would be for no more than Carter, Gortat, picks, and cash. That's not much value and I'm sure Denver didn't even bother to return his calls.

The Nuggets do have some leverage. Sure, Melo will go to the Knicks next year, but the Nuggets have all the leverage in the world in regards to where Melo plays this year. I mean, how good is Carter's expiring to Denver? Not very. . . if they want an expiring they can let Melo expire, and Melo's expiring is actually better because he's not owed $4 mil next year like Carter. So what do they really get out of the trade? Gortat? Late draft picks? How is that good at all?

Only way Melo isn't in New York is if he catches another man sleeping with his wife and they are divorced......If that happens we might have a chance get er done boys.

Pretty sure Shawn Kemp still owes us a favor.

I think comparing the packages is very important.

I'd recognize that package anywhere. In spite of the juvenile snickers of some, this is a serious matter. That seducer and despoiler must be stopped; he's extremely dangerous. And, I'm certain that everyone in this room knows who that is. He's a contemptible little pervert who... sorry, I'm getting off track, but I've got him now, and I'm not going to let him slip through my fingers again. Now, all I'm asking is that you give me five boys for a few minutes. The coaches can be present - Tommy Turner and any four boys you see fit to choose and we... and we... can put a stop to this menace. And it is a menace.

FWIW....this was on my Insider acount this morning:

"I would be surprised if it goes into February," one source told Stein. "Very surprised. I expect things to start happening now. It's starting to be a big distraction for the Nuggets that's only going to get bigger."

It's still believed the Nets continue to have the best deal on the table for Melo, but may not pull the trigger on the trade if they can't get a commitment from Anthony that he'll sign an extension with them.

The Knicks, Bobcats, Magic and Rockets are other teams that may have a shot at him as well.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors/_/date/20101220#19903

Some critics suggest that Magic GM Otis Smith panicked by making two blockbuster trades, that he should have waited on the Denver Nuggets and Carmelo Anthony, the only superstar apparently available.

The trade deadline is Feb. 24.

Smith said that any trade packages he put together for ‘Melo were rejected by Denver.

He said he gave the Nuggets his best offers immediately. In other words, anybody but Dwight Howard.

“I cut to the chase,” Smith said.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/12/otis-smith-cut-to-chase-for-carmelo-anthony.html

So looks like we threw all we had at them and it wasn't good enough.............***** I'd hate to see him at the Nets to make the East even stronger.........

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/12/otis-smith-cut-to-chase-for-carmelo-anthony.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+sports/magic/basketblog+(Magic+BasketBlog)&utm_content=Google+Reader

As if we need Atlanta, Miami, Boston, Chicago AND New jersey to get through.

What is NY gonna offer that was better than what Otis was going to give them? I am genuinely curious because I feel that out of all the teams that Melo was willing to be traded to, we could have put the best package together.

What is NY gonna offer that was better than what Otis was going to give them? I am genuinely curious because I feel that out of all the teams that Melo was willing to be traded to, we could have put the best package together.

I think the Knicks and Nets can offer a better re-building package than we can.

They can offer picks and previously highly drafted players that we cannot.

I think we can offer a much better package should Denver want to avoid bottoming out and starting over.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/546412-nba-trade-rumors-could-carmelo-anthony-to-la-lakers-now-happen-with-sasha-move

Could the Los Angeles Lakers and their risk-taking owner Dr. Jerry Buss be planning the boldest secret move of all: trading for Carmelo Anthony? And, does the latest trade of Sasha Vujacic for Joe Smith open the door to an Andrew Bynum-for-'Melo move?

All answers point to a resounding yes. This is the hush-hush story of the league. And, Laker management wants it that way.

Or, could this all simply be fairy tale rumors? Sure, we canÂ’t deny that. But, there is actually meat to this story.

I found this little nugget posted by Ken Beger posted last night:

A dark horse in all of this? The Mavs’ opponent Tuesday night, Orlando. The Magic have a little more than two months before the Feb. 24 trade deadline to see if their revamped roster will be good enough to contend for a title after this week’s blockbuster trades with Phoenix and Washington. But the only piece that is likely to be available and enticing to Denver is Jason Richardson, whose $14.4 million contract expires after the season. Richardson cannot be combined with other players in a trade for 60 days, which would leave just enough time before the trade deadline to involve him in the Anthony discussions.

If -- and this is a big if -- Anthony is still a Nugget by then.

KEEP HOPE ALIVE BOYZ !!!

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/26583993