Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Anybody still think this roster can win a "SHIP" ???

Arenas shouldn't be seriously considered at all. He's the only guy in the league with a worse contract than Shard and he's a guy who can score a lot of points, but he does it on taking up a lot of FG attempts. Maybe if Washington bought out his contract, but I'm not taking on that deal.

I'd ask Dwight. Whether we win a title this year or not isn't nearly as important as keeping him in town. We can figure things out as the years go by.

But if going after Arenas in a panic and taking on his bull**** contract means we can't sign anyone for Dwight when we need to, then we have to just take our shot with this line-up this year, and prepare to help Dwight next summer.

Whoa. I feel like I've seen a ghost.

Whoa. I feel like I've seen a ghost.

Hey TITY, isn't it a "coincidence" that the Magic lost after you changed your name back???? I think it's time you started to take some of the blame as you are the team's biggest jinx. You're a walking bad luck charm with a lot of attitude but no spunk. . .

Hey TITY, isn't it a "coincidence" that the Magic lost after you changed your name back???? I think it's time you started to take some of the blame as you are the team's biggest jinx. You're a walking bad luck charm with a lot of attitude but no spunk. . .

frogout2.gif

O RLY? And you know this how?

It was pretty obvious. There's really no explanation necessary. Veteran teams do it all the time -- the Spurs have been notorious for it (except for this year).

You try to paint different scenarios but fail to understand that the issues are practically identical. Whether you define it as "laziness" or "plain sucking" or "cruising", it's all the same, the players are failing to live up to their expectations. At some point, trade or not, this team is gonna find their defensive identity, and when that happens, watch out.

If two scenarios have the same outcome, it doesn't mean they have the same underlying cause. To say we are like the Boston Celtics of last year is laughable.

BMP is right in that the series was closer than it looked. But the fact that we lost BOTH first home games showed how little control we had in that series.

Wait, how does Gilbert Arenas have a worse contract than Rashard Lewis??? The guy literally makes twenty million dollars a season to be a below average player. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much worse...

Wait, how does Gilbert Arenas have a worse contract than Rashard Lewis??? The guy literally makes twenty million dollars a season to be a below average player. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much worse...

Gilbert Arenas makes the same amount of money to be a below average player who doesn't play defense, and his contract is a year longer.

Gilbert Arenas makes the same amount of money to be a below average player who doesn't play defense, and his contract is a year longer.

and it's highly likely that knee sits him again at some point during the contract. That big old brace isn't something you want to see on your 20 million dollar guy.

There's some flexibility with Rashard's contract that I "like." Mainly, the fact that it becomes an expiring the summer Dwight is up for FA.

• Downvote 1

If this is meant as a way to blow off whats happening to our team right now, then you are blind as a bat.

1st loss? I understand. The way we're playing now? We have reason to panic.

Really?

You try to paint different scenarios but fail to understand that the issues are practically identical. Whether you define it as "laziness" or "plain sucking" or "cruising", it's all the same, the players are failing to live up to their expectations. At some point, trade or not, this team is gonna find their defensive identity, and when that happens, watch out.

Our biggest problem is not defense, as MP and Q were out against Denver. Our problem is offense, especially against top, physical defensive teams. Vince is inconsistent and has tired Gump-like legs, Lewis dribbles like a giraffe and often looks outmatched and passive, and Jameer, like the other two, is very reliant on his jumper. We have absolutely nobody who can consistently break down a defense and get to the rim. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see that changing. Hypothetically, if the shots start falling, can we win ... or even with a championship? Sure but the odds and imbalance of this team make me think otherwise.

EDIT: And it stinks that many of our players got sick, hurt and or went to "suck" right as the true trade season (Dec. 15) began.

Our biggest problem is not defense, as MP and Q were out against Denver. Our problem is offense, especially against top, physical defensive teams. Vince is inconsistent and has tired Gump-like legs, Lewis dribbles like a giraffe and often looks outmatched and passive, and Jameer, like the other two, is very reliant on his jumper. We have absolutely nobody who can consistently break down a defense and get to the rim. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see that changing. Hypothetically, if the shots start falling, can we win ... or even with a championship? Sure but the odds and imbalance of this team make me think otherwise.

EDIT: And it stinks that many of our players got sick, hurt and or went to "suck" right as the true trade season (Dec. 15) began.

I think our main problem right now is defense. Our defense has not been out calling card as of late, and we have been losing games for that reason. We have consistently been one of the top defensive teams in the league under Stan, but we are starting to slip. It;s not Stan's plan either, it's the team as a whole and their desire/will to commit to defense.

I agree with you that we need someone else who can create for themselves and make teams pay for trying to single cover Dwight (on top of also needing to feed dwight the ball more), but we need that to push us over the top. We need that as the key to take this team from top four to top team in the league. Without our Defense, that extra offensive option isn't pushing us over the top either.

There are so many things wrong with this post I just want to call you an idiot and move on . . . let's see

LA and Boston won't have the money for Howard

This team hasn't even played Boston, Lakers, or Miami

failed miserably? One trip to the Finals and one trip to the Eastern Conference Finals. If that's failing "miserably", I can't begin to imagine what "almost made it" would look like. Oh, and FYI, the Magic are the only team besides the Lakers to make it at least to the Finals and Conference Finals in the last two years. Boston could be looking at that this year, but if they lose in the ECF, would you have said they also "failed miserably"?

History has also shown that one star can win by himself (Hakeem) or a bunch of really solid players in Detroit. I'm not saying this team is the best that it could be but there aren't many options out there, despite your belief that Otis "won't go after stars", which is not only ignorant but also a bit stupid to believe Otis wouldn't trade for a star if he could.

Could care less what you think, the magic are not going to win a championship this year or next year, face the facts.