Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

Soo... who do we put on Kobe/Pierce (or who lights it up against us one-on-one?)

hmm...Q on Pierce, JJ or Q on Kobe? That would get messy, but Dwight's always in there to help.

I would certainly bench Turk over Richardson, but given the dynamics of the other players we need someone to create mismatches, and Turk provides that atleast. Arenas is the perfect bench guy-except for his contract. Now if he starts playing lights out ball and is completely rejuvinated then I would be happy to plunk him in the SL. A lot of people are hellbent on Jameer as a starter and its not popular opinion around here to suggest otherwise, but I think there is a chance down the road that Arenas replaces Nelson in the SL.

Long story short, Richardson is the only surefire starter right away if you ask me. I certainly wouldnt mind bringing Arenas off the bench for the time being(and bring Turk off the bench as well). Why not give it a couple games and see how Redick does with the starting unit, he is playing like he deserves it right now anyway. I am not sold on the idea of Richardson as a 3 but it's worth a shot I suppose.

arenas is bk up pg and sg ...no way jrich doesn't start and hedo at point forward is also a must start

arenas is bk up pg and sg ...no way jrich doesn't start and hedo at point forward is also a must start

Gilbert will be our 6th man... play clutch time... play starter minutes in the end.

I love that we upgraded the lead gaurd position to bother Miami even more. And Dwight can handle those *****es by himself downlow

Boy Otis loves his Golden State guys doesn't he? First MP and Foyle, now J-Rich and Arenas.

When I first heard about the Arenas trade I was devastated. I didn't want to give up our main trade chip (VC) for him. Now that it has turned out to be Lewis, I'm not that disappointed.

The Phoenix trade is a surprise but J-Rich is a guy Otis has been wanting for a long time. There were rumours a few years ago that we wanted him and as we all know, Otis always gets his man. I'm not sure about bringing Turk back as I've never been a big fan but I am happy about getting Earl Clark in the deal. I wanted him in the draft last year as he has some unreal potential as a Lamar Odom type, he just doesn't seem to have put it all together. I'm hoping he gets a real chance with us and SVG can turn him into a nice player possibly even our facilitator of the future?

I read that SVG had reservations about bringing in Arenas but loves Turk so I wouldn't be surprised if the Phoenix trade was also to appease SVG. It's like Otis said "I've got my guy, so now I'll get your guy and we can both be happy".

I'm a bit concerned about our big man depth now so I wouldn't be surprised if another small deal is done to get Dwight a decent backup.

As many have reported, this has Dwight's fingerprints all over it. It's no coincidence that he calls out our wing defenders (Lewis and VC) then 3 days later they're gone.

All in all, I am warming to this trade and I'm very intrigued about how this is all going to come together.

Hollinger on Jason Richardson:

Richardson was Phoenix's canary in the coal mine, with the Suns 26-4 when he scored at least 20 points and another 5-1 in the playoffs. When that didn't happen, they were a very beatable 28-24. That stat likely is related to his function in the offense -- generally he'd play on the weak side while Nash and Stoudemire ran a pick-and-roll. If the defense was sufficiently flummoxed to commit extra players to those two, Richardson would come open on the wing.

The Suns also used Richardson very effectively posting up small guards, especially early in transition. He loves to leak out early and establish himself deep on the block, which he might as well since he doesn't play much defense anyway.

In fact, he's probably better suited to playing small forward -- he's big for a guard but doesn't move well laterally or help much with ball-handling. With Phoenix's current glut of small forwards, such a transition is highly unlikely, but it warrants mentioning for the future.

One other note about Richardson -- by shooting so many jumpers off the catch, he's quietly become an extremely low-turnover player. He owned the fourth-best turnover ratio among shooting guards, with miscues on only 7.0 percent of his possessions.

These moves were horrendous. What would have been the harm in waiting until closer to the deadline to make a deal when teams would be more desperate?

****, we might as well have thrown in Jameer too to get Nash.