Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Help me complete my iTunes

I read though most of these comments and I saw some suggestions that I could look into. However, I think you all should take note that I'm a poor college student who has a poor college student job, so I can only afford occasional songs off itunes. Not whole CDs.

To give you an idea of what I was buying the other night before I typed up this message. I bought

1. Kiss -

[*]Rock n Roll All Nite

[*]Shout it Out Loud

[*]Beth

[*]Calling Dr. Love

2. Boston - More than a Feeling

3. Aerosmith - Dude looks like a lady, Angel

4. The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye, Here Comes the Sun, I want to hold you hand

5. Billy Joel - We Didn't start the fire

6. Elton John - Bennie and the Jets

7. Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

8. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

9. Elvis - Jailhouse Rock, Hound dog, Heartbreak Hotel, Can't Help Falling in Love

10. Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O Mine

11. Tupac - California Love

12. Metallica - One

13. Train - Drops of Jupiter

14. Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis

15. Beastie Boys - Fight for your Right

16. Ben E. King - Stand By Me

17. The Who - Baba O'Riley

Even though this list is mainly classic rock. I'm not just looking for Classic rock, I'll really take a listen to anything.

To provide "sample" songs from several of the previously mentioned bands to add to this list, let me recommend:

Pink Floyd: "Breathe", "Comfortably Numb", "Wish You Were Here", "Echoes"

The Who: "Boris the Spider", "Pinball Wizard", "Won't Get Fooled Again"

Jimi Hendrix: "The Wind Cries Mary", "Purple Haze", "Hey Joe", "All Along The Watchtower"

TRex: "Bang A Gong"

Cream: "Sunshine of Your Love", "Tales of Brave Ulysses", "White Room"

Metallica: "Battery", "Master of Puppets"

Neil Young: "Cortez the Killer", "Hey Hey, My My", "Rockin' in the Free World", "Heart of Gold"

Led Zeppelin: "Immigrant Song", "When the Levee Breaks", "Whole Lotta Love", and I guess Stairway simply because it's Stairway.

Might as well just tell him to listen to the HOG and call it a day. :svgsad:

Also, how can you not include "Life's a Gas" or "Dandy in the Underworld" for T.Rex? UGH

He hasn't been exposed to the classics yet, he needs to work his way through those before he gets to the deep cuts. Go back to the hipster music thread.

More gems for you:

Velvet Underground - "heroin"

Creedence clearwatrer revival - "lookin out my backdoor"

Cream - "white room"

The Allman Brothers - "Blue Sky"

Acdc - "its a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll"

Man. AC/DC was a band I could listen to all the time growing up. Now I can't stand to hear anything by them.

Listen to one of their songs and you've heard them all....except Thunderstruck, I still love that song.

I read though most of these comments and I saw some suggestions that I could look into. However, I think you all should take note that I'm a poor college student who has a poor college student job, so I can only afford occasional songs off itunes. Not whole CDs.

To give you an idea of what I was buying the other night before I typed up this message. I bought

1. Kiss -

[*]Rock n Roll All Nite

[*]Shout it Out Loud

[*]Beth

[*]Calling Dr. Love

2. Boston - More than a Feeling

3. Aerosmith - Dude looks like a lady, Angel

4. The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye, Here Comes the Sun, I want to hold you hand

5. Billy Joel - We Didn't start the fire

6. Elton John - Bennie and the Jets

7. Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

8. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

9. Elvis - Jailhouse Rock, Hound dog, Heartbreak Hotel, Can't Help Falling in Love

10. Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O Mine

11. Tupac - California Love

12. Metallica - One

13. Train - Drops of Jupiter

14. Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis

15. Beastie Boys - Fight for your Right

16. Ben E. King - Stand By Me

17. The Who - Baba O'Riley

Even though this list is mainly classic rock. I'm not just looking for Classic rock, I'll really take a listen to anything.

Metallica and Beasties are classic rock now? **shoots self in head**

Do you find yourself leaning more towards the poppier sounding Beatles songs?

If you like the older Metallica I would also check out Pantera and Megadeth. I would suggest Cowboys from Hell and Walk for Pantera and Symphony of Destruction and Sweating Bullets for Megadeth and yes I know those are the more popular radio tracks. If you can find older Prong some of their stuff was good as well. There is a couple of different mixes of Prove you Wrong that I really like.

If you like The Beastie Boys and the rap-rock type thing Rage Against the Machine (I love all of their albums but the first self titled one is fantastic as is Bulls on Parade) and Faith No More are 2 of my favorites. The entire Real Thing album by Faith No More is great, my favorite tracks are Underwater Love and Edge of the World.

Blue Oyster Cult - "Don't Fear the Reaper", "Burnin' For you", "Take Me Away"

Otis Redding - "Theres Arms of Mine", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", "Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)"

T.Rex - "Dandy in the Underworld", "Life's a Gas"

Lou Reed - "Satellite of Love", "White Light/White Heat", "Walk on the Wild Side"

Lou Reed - "Satellite of Love", "White Light/White Heat", "Walk on the Wild Side"

Funny story for you, I used to work for Radio Disney and they were very strict on what they would allow us to play, very little Britney Spears, they even censored some Smash Mouth songs. One song they allowed on was Walk on the Wild Side, my guess is they never really listened to the lyrics.