Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Something Looks Really Good About This Team ...

If getting Arenas and Blatche means getting Melo in the deal, would you do it? Honestly, if I was Otis, I'd wait closer to trade deadline to bite ... Our team is looking really good right now to mess it up ...

Please explain to me how trading for Melo is dependant on acquiring Arenas. That doesn't make any sense. We would be giving up a decent portion of the assets that Denver would be interested in.

We are much better than the current Mavericks. This is a team that did not lose until Finals and EFC 2 years in a row. We are getting 59 wins every time. We are in the top 3 in points allowed, we have the best Defensive player, one of the best Coaches, the most depth among the candidates, and lots of offensive scoring options.

Dallas has one stud (Dirk), 2 good wing players (Caron and Terry), and some other pieces (Kidd, Beaubois, Marion, Chandler). They cannot currently compete with us in the PG position, bench depth, coaching, recent playoffs success, anything.

I dont see us below anyone, even the Lakers. They do have a great frontcourt, the ability to play Dwight one on one with Bynum, and they have huge advantages in Gasol and Kobe against Shard and VC. But if we were to face them in June Finals, i would be very confident with our team. Jameer could do well against them, we could also try the Twin Towers and Bass, Pietrus and Redick would provide more spark from the bench than what LA has.

Then again, getting someone really good instead of Carter wouldnt hurt.

I think you missed his point there, he's talking about how Dallas has been a very good team for a very long time, but always runs into a wall in the playoffs. He's not comparing our team this year to the Dallas team of this year.

Please explain to me how trading for Melo is dependant on acquiring Arenas. That doesn't make any sense. We would be giving up a decent portion of the assets that Denver would be interested in.

Arenas and Melo to Orlando

Blatche + 1st Rd pick to Denver

Lewis + Orton to Wizards

Lewis + Orton to Wizards

Money doesn't work and you're basically committing at least 7 counts of thievery on both Denver and Wizards.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lewis + Orton to Wizards

Wait a second. The best deal that Denver can get for Melo is Blatche and a late first round pick? Are you high?

I think you missed his point there, he's talking about how Dallas has been a very good team for a very long time, but always runs into a wall in the playoffs. He's not comparing our team this year to the Dallas team of this year.

Difference being we have DPOY and are one of the best if not the best defensive team in the league. I dont think Dallas ever did as good in any defensive categories. I could be wrong, just going by memory.

Arielle is responsible for some of the most mindbogglingly silly posts I've ever seen on this board.

Most of the time, I don't even know how to respond.

Well, rumor is, Orlando is looking into Arenas. Truth or not, finding a way to somehow package Melo would be ideal. Otherwise, not worth it especially with the Magic playing so well at this point.

If my posts are too "mind bogging" for you, then I presume you're young and uneducated.

I'm glad we have started to get our roles on this forum sorted out. I'm the 24/7 clever guy and TITY is the young and uneducated guy. Which has to be a bit of an upset because DOM is far more clever and Jareth is way more.....everything.