Sign in to follow this  
PartyPoison

What current/former Magic should be a hall of famer?

Shaq is an absolute HOFer but should never have his jersey retired here. Just like Cleveland will never retire LeBron's jersey.

Penny is not a HOFer but I would gladly have his jersey hanging in the rafters along with Nick Anderson and possibly Scott Skiles.

Not many else out there are worthy.

• Upvote 1

If we include all current and former Magic players, then Shaq, Ewing, Wilkens and Carter belong in the basketball Hall of Fame. Dwight will be there no later than 2 years from now, but gun to my head, I doubt I'd vote for him to get in if he retired today.

If we're talking about Ewing and Wilkens we should probably include Mark Price in that list too. . .

If we're talking about Ewing and Wilkens we should probably include Mark Price in that list too. . .

I completely forgot about Mark Price. He should be a HOF'er for sure. Was there ever a better free throw shooter?

I completely forgot about Mark Price. He should be a HOF'er for sure. Was there ever a better free throw shooter?

we'll see, but possibly J.J. Redick. . .

Not HOF of course, I'm just talking about the FT shooting.

If we include all current and former Magic players, then Shaq, Ewing, Wilkens and Carter belong in the basketball Hall of Fame. Dwight will be there no later than 2 years from now, but gun to my head, I doubt I'd vote for him to get in if he retired today.

I have to say, I'm kind of surprised that you included Vince. He's had a solid career but I'm not sure he's HOF material. I don't see a huge difference between him and McGrady and I don't think McGrady should make it either.

vince carter? in the HOF? i'd like to hear your explanation on that!

he's worth a retired jersey up there in Toronto but that's about it.

he's 38th all time in NBA points. if he puts up 1,000 more points this year and next year then retires he'd be pretty close to Larry Bird's career scoring total. Thats ahead of David Robinson, Bob Petitt, George Gervin, John Stockton. He's already ahead of Dr. J, Bob McAdoo, etc.

we'll see, but possibly J.J. Redick. . .

Not HOF of course, I'm just talking about the FT shooting.

Redick could be in the HOF for his college accomplishments. It's not just an NBA HOF, it's a basketball hall. JJ is in 2nd all time in ACC scoring and is one of the best shooters to play college ball.

Lol dudes, you may not like the guy, but VC has HOF written all over him. He led the All-Star votes several times and was the best dunker the world has seen. He did even let MJ play his last ASG ahead of him.

McGrady is also likely to be a hall of famer. He's on 7 All-NBA teams, 7 all star games, Two top 5 MVP voting.

He's not going to be a first ballot guy, but he should end up there

McGrady is also likely to be a hall of famer. He's on 7 All-NBA teams, 7 all star games, Two top 5 MVP voting.

He's not going to be a first ballot guy, but he should end up there

agreed

HOF is all about stats. VC's career stats are a little better than Paul Pierce and Pierce is considered top 5 all-time Celtic. Pierce will getin and so will VC. As long as Dwight continues to improve he will be a 1st ballot. Obviously Shaq is a 1st ballot HOFer. I'm not so sure about T'Mac because if you let T'Mac in then you got to let Hill and Penny in too.

Jerseys: Would like to see 25 for Nick, 1 for Penny, 4 for Skiles, and 10 for Armstrong. I never want to see #32 retired.