Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

How important is a healthy V.C. to the Magic's success?

"When I made the spin move and went up for the layup, as I landed, I just felt some sharp pain go through my knee, under the kneecap more so than anything," he told the Orlando Sentinel after the game. "I just wasn’t sure. I just wanted to go to the back and try to run it off and I couldn’t. I couldn’t get any push off on it.

"So, I don’t know what it is. I’ve looked at it. It’s a little swollen right now, so it’s really hard to tell. I’ll get it evaluated tomorrow."

Click the link to vote on the poll:

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/11/23/1831659/vince-carter-injures-left-knee-in-orlando-magics-loss-to-san-antonio

Honestly.... It's very important for VC to be healthy.... But obviously VC is injury prone.... And is getting paid some major dollars to play with our emotions.

This Wednesday is a very important game for Vince.... So far he hasn't shown up at all this season.... So this upcoming game with the Heat will either save or sink him...

But.... No one knows if he will be able to make it, because of the sharp pain under his knee cap.... Maybe its a pre excuse for him to play average and poor defense against Miami

Either way.... SVG is right... We don't have a closer. And that was the reason for the VC trade.

Lets be serious guys. This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last. VC cannot be relied upon. He cannot be relied upon in big games, to stay healthy, to be tough, to play defense, to do little things when his shot isn't falling, to make good decisions, etc.

He is what he is. That is Wince. He has been all his career, he has been on the Magic, and he will be until he retires. This is about his entire body of work, and what we see in the Magic uniform today, is what has always been there. Wince.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm pretty sure Vince is that guy that does good against teams that aren't able to guard him... and you play a decent team like San Antonio or Miami, and he just disappears. It happens every year, and it's not going to change. In other words, he'll probably cost us another chance to get back to the Finals.

I have been all for trading him since his FG % sky rocketed early in the season, but that number is only going to get worse, and his value on the trade market will go down as well.

The question now is, who in their right mind actually wants Vince Carter? I understand he is an expiring contract, sort of... but that is pretty much the only value I see at this point. We have Jameer, Dwight, and Shard... and those guys were never a problem. Jameer might have had some injury issues himself, but at least he gives you 110% every single game he is healthy.

I'd really love to just see Otis Smith pull the trigger on a trade, but we probably won't get equal value in return, so there is no point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For what it's worth....some of the poster's making comments said this:

“Swelling of the knee is common with several different knee problems. When there is swelling immediately after an injury (within an hour), the most common causes are an injury to the anterior cruciate ligament.”

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/hipknee/a/kneesymptoms.htm

It also mention the pain under the knee cap Vince is talking out.

Sounds like torn acl or as the old timers call it, “a blown knee.”

Not good news.

I had a good friend who tore his ACL and MCL and he was in agonizing pain when it happened. With Vince's pain threshold I am pretty sure if he tore his ACL he would have died on the court.

• Upvote 6

Normally I'd be OK because I feel like Redick can make up for most of VC's points; but with Redick missing layups and shots made for him in the last minutes of the game, I'm pretty pissed off bout wince getting hurt.