Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Toronto @ Orlando, Orlando @ New Jersey Super Game Thread 11/12 & 11/13

Stan Van Gundy gave peaches some credit. Everything else was our bad defense, turnovers, and lack of rebounding of all. Stan Van Gundy said he put Dwight on Weems....and he said he shouldn't have had Pietrus in-bounding. At least he knows what he did wrong.

That is probably the one of the only positive things to take from this game. At least Van Gundy realises his mistakes and the problems the team had.

Oh by the way Kevin Love has 31 rbs..... Dwight Love is a better rebounder than you.

Of course our defense (or lack of) has something to do with the fact that all these random players are going off. However, some of the shots that have been made by the opposing team have been complete BS. I mean, I really think we've been unlucky with all these players getting hot at the wrong times. Bargs, DeRozan, Deron, Millsap all just got really hot and we couldn't stop them. We should not be overly concerned, we've just been playing sloppy as hell the past few games. We have solvable problems IMO, which will work themselves out as the season goes on.

From PinStripePost:

I don't want to disparage the Raptors here. I don't. They won this game, and deserved to. But, frankly, there's no excuse for letting the likes of DeRozan and Weems beat you at this level. At best--and I think Toronto fans would agree with me--they are below replacement-level at this point, yet they got whatever they wanted against the Magic's sluggish defense. More baffling is the Magic's utter failure to contain DeRozan on the glass. Though he possesses an excellent vertical leap, he's proven to be a mediocre rebounder throughout his career. But tonight? Seven, including 2 on the offensive end. Playing off him a bit makes sense strategically, given his poor outside shot, but too many times the Magic didn't get a body on him when the shot went in the air.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/11/13/1811335/toronto-raptors-110-orlando-magic-106#storyjump

• Downvote 1

Howard being a better scorer is great. But is anyone else becoming annoyed with this part of his game getting to his head? The dude has lost his heart and hustle for rebounding.

News flash. Taking Howard one on one out of the paint affects his rebounding because he can't grab them.

At least, that's what I've noticed (and I actually had to have someone remind me too)

News flash. Taking Howard one on one out of the paint affects his rebounding because he can't grab them.

At least, that's what I've noticed (and I actually had to have someone remind me too)

I hope he shuts me up tonight with a big rebounding game!... I would prefer a new thread... need a big win magic!

i do not know how much more of this i can take. i can't believe jj is shooting like this. for one or two games ok, but this is insane. is it just me or does howard look to be a little uninterested. he thinks he never commits a foul. please just play. come on magic get your grove back. i still believe.