Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Latest on Chris Paul & Hornets (Ben Golliver, CBS Sports)

The loss of Chouest as the next owner throws much of the situation in doubt. Shinn no longer wants to own the team, there's not a new majority owner in place, the league may have to step in, and oh, yeah, Chris Paul's been involved in questions about his future in New Orleans since July. It's almost funny to think that it may be the team itself that moves, taking Paul with it, if it weren't for the fact that it would be so depressing for a team that's gone through so much.

Meanwhile, the Hornets have now lost 5 of their last 7, Chris Paul looks very much like he's not 100%, and Jarrett Jack is not the savior off the bench.

What was once a murky situation for the Hornets is quickly becoming a full-blown quagmire for the city, the team, and now the league.

Certainly something to keep your eye on....you just never know.

Interesting stuff...for the rest go here:

http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/26217992

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jameer is playing so well that trading him plus pieces for Paul is looking more like a mistake than anything. If you asked me to do a Jameer for Paul straight up trade, I would do it. But Jameer + VC and some possible key contributors? No thanks.

Props to Jameer...he is playing very well again. When Jameer is playing well the whole team is very hard to beat. It is because of this I am entirely sold on the fact that Paul would be the missing piece for our club (but I doubt he can be had anymore). Jameer wont give Rondo a challenge nor will he force Boston to make any defensive adjustments. Jameer may also get hurt again (which he often does) and is much more likely to slump under playoff defense. Paul would give us a consistent defensive nightmare for every playoff club including boston. The inside/outside presence with better penetration and feeds would be devastating. Paul is light years better with his decision making and entry feeds. That coupled with Pauls first deep playoff push would clearly establish us as a dominant club. I like Jameer but Paul is substantially better for our club without question.

Who knows Paul may be more attainable since Dwight will be out a few games and allow bass and gortat to show their true value as starters. 15 points 10 boards and a few blocks for gortat and bass playing out of his mind with two very palatable ccontracts will be great trade bait if we choose to upgrade. Vinces expiring and jameer palying well....wow that is alot of options for our club. Hopefully some team has a fire sale preferably NO.

Props to Jameer...he is playing very well again. When Jameer is playing well the whole team is very hard to beat. It is because of this I am entirely sold on the fact that Paul would be the missing piece for our club (but I doubt he can be had anymore). Jameer wont give Rondo a challenge nor will he force Boston to make any defensive adjustments. Jameer may also get hurt again (which he often does) and is much more likely to slump under playoff defense. Paul would give us a consistent defensive nightmare for every playoff club including boston. The inside/outside presence with better penetration and feeds would be devastating. Paul is light years better with his decision making and entry feeds. That coupled with Pauls first deep playoff push would clearly establish us as a dominant club. I like Jameer but Paul is substantially better for our club without question.

Last year in the ECF Rondo didn't do much damage to Jameer at all. Quit the opposite, Jameer held his own pretty good throughout most of that series.

It was mainly the fact that we couldn't stop Peirce and that they defended Howard 1 on 1 so that we couldnt get open shooters.

With Jameer playing so well this season, and with the leadership he has with this team...boy, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Chirs Paul just isn't right for us.

What we need is a scoring swingman that we can bring here and familiarize with the team and SVG's coaching system. Eventually he take VC's role down the road.. Do we need an all-star player or a high-level draft pick? IDK at the moment, but to me...either would suffice.

All I know is that we are capable of beating teams with 8 players -- without our star, all-NBA center, without our potential all-star, and two of our guards that first come off the bench. Oh, and RA who was injured in the first half.

I would make no moves on this team, I say give VC one more chance! Jameer is playing amazing right now and is passing the ball a lot more why would we need Paul? I think most of you want Paul and Melo here so the Orlando team can start getting media recognition.

Paul is better (no doubt - when healthy) but what damage will it do to the chemistry of this team to have its soul ripped out by trading its leader for the chance at greener pastures. Howard's future on this team is directly related to his and Nelson's friendship and camaraderie - if you replace Nelson with Paul and it does not result in a trophy it will almost certainly have repercussions and losing Howard to free agency (along with Paul) in two years becomes more plausible with his good friend having been coldly shipped away.

In addition, you'd have to trade a combination of Anderson, JJ, Pietrus, Gortat or Bass alongside Jameer so the salaries match - all in order to upgrade a role that is already covered (very well)...only to improve us slightly at the point but deplete us at wing / front court size, defense and all around chemistry.

and yet another report that CP3 has not fully recovered - note the key words in this article:

"Chris Paul looks very much like he's not 100%"

doesn't make sense to me....