Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Game Thread Jazz at Magic 11/10/2010 7PM

One thing I don't understand is, Q and Redick are both playing like ass but they get all these minutes? Where did all this trust in Q come from? He hasn't done anything special while here. Peaches should be the first man off the bench.

Q has been playing good defense and rebounding well.

I do not know what everyone else thought from watching the game, but these are my thought (Van Gundy fans do not read):

- Yet again we force bad 3 point attempts at the start of the game.

- Bob Delany is an awful referee.

- I want Anderson out of the rotation completely, the dude does not pass and is bad for this team with the way he is playing atm.

- Bass gave a spark when he came in, and I think he played fairly well.

- Nelson played well, and did very well defensively on Williams until the 3rd quarter.

- Lewis looked much better and efficient when he took the ball to the hole or posted up, his shot is still not falling.

- Howard needs to grow up. Yet another tech foul. I am over his pointless complaining. He needs to shut up and just play.

- Chris Duhon:

- This guy can not defend. He was the reason Williams got hot.

- He holds the ball to long, does not attack the basket and wastes our clock.

- Jason Williams needs to the be the back up.

- Redick looks like he is forcing shots.

- Van Gundy is so set in taking off the five starters at the same time that it costs us games. He allowed the Jazz back in it by having NO starters on the court at all with the 2nd unit.

- Jerry Sloan is a great in game coach. He gets the most out of his players.

- I know its just the Raptors, but its time for Van Gundy to adjust his lineup slightly to go with what has been happening recently.

- I want the starting lineup against toronto to be:

C: Howard

PF: Lewis

SF: Pietrus

SG: Carter

PG: Nelson

Bench:

C: Gortat

PF: Bass/Gortat

SF: Richardson

SG: Redick

PG: Williams

warming the bench: Anderson, Duhon.

I actually was hoping for Pietrus and Williams in todays game. I think its time to go back to both. I have a feeling if we start Pietrus he may be able to perform back up to the standard of which we all know he could possibly play, and if he started I would expect him to put up less stupid shots (When he plays in the 2nd unit there is not many people to go to on offense). Williams is clearly better than Duhon.

• Upvote 1

Well my first lost to the Jazz while being at the game. When we were up big in the 3rd, my buddies and I thought the game was over. So here's some of my points of what went wrong:

1. Too many turnovers. Some of these were because of awful reffing, way too many travels and offensive fouls being called. Some of these were just dumb turnovers, Shard passing to the bench being one of them.

2. Millsap was given star calls, which made Dwight get 5 fouls. 2 of those fouls were pretty horrible, Dwight was straight up on both of them.

3. Deron Williams, who couldn't make a shot in the first half, couldn't miss in the first half.

4. AK-47, who sucks at 3's, made 2 of them tonight.

5. Gortat couldn't defend anyone tonight. Millsap and Jefferson both made him look silly.

6. Shard sucked horribly at the offensive end. We were playing 4 on 5 a lot of the time with him on the court.

7. Our bench sucked, and Ryan Anderson looks lost.

8. Dwight's FT's were beyond bad and he didn't rebound as good as he usually does.

9. Duhon looked horrible and Jameer was out of energy at the end of the game. SVG should have put J-Will in there.

10. The rotations sucked again. At least we know that Bass is going to get playing time now.

Some good points:

1. Our offensive rebounding looked great. Bass, Shard, and Gortat were doing great out there.

2. Shard played great defense, in fact everyone played great D until the last part of the 3rd and 4th quarters.

3. VC continues his awesome play.

4. Despite not being 100%, Jameer had a good game on the offensive end.

5. Bass looked as good as he ever has in a Magic uniform.

• Upvote 1

I think it will be more than 15. Why are the Magic playing so sloppy game after game- to me that indicates a problem. I know that I am not as knowledgeable on basketball as you are, but that does not mean that I cannot see a problem. When I hear former basketball players (who are not anti-Magic, saying that Duhon is the one of worst PG in the league, and Magic would be better without him, I take notice.

Or of course you know the Magic playin sloppy, just might, have just the tiniest of chances, have something to do with the fact that we are only 7 games into a season of 82? That of course could not be the reason at all right? Same reason why the Heat have struggled as well and boston has needed OT and last second plays to beat the bucks, bulls (without boozer), and the knicks? Or that the Magic had to deal with nearly two weeks of dead time and was unable to get in sync?

And Duhon playing bad could of course could have nothing to do with him just starting out on a new team as well right?

Listen this was the same reaction to the start of the Magic last year too. Everyone said "oh god the Magic just are not in the same league as the Cavs, we dont stand a chance" etc, etc. Then after the all star break the Magic went on and became the best team in the league up until they met Celtics in the ECF. (Let alone the fact that last year they actually started out worse, where as right now the Magic still have the second best record in the EC.)

The over reaction to losses on this thread is so typical and overplayed it is amazing. And you know what? Heck the Magic may come out and loose to the Raptors on Friday too. Heck there might be a time that the Magic loose 3 games in a row this season.

And guess what? By the end of the season, the Magic will still be one of the top seeds in the playoffs and have as a good of a chance as any other top team in it to go the distance.

Its a good thing my life is consumed with Black Ops right now, I am gonna take out my Magic frustrations on some little kids on PS3

Haha, same here. As soon as the game ended I just hopped on Black Ops.

I can´t believe we actually let Jazz do same thing what they did to Heat!!

There was NO def at all.

Only player who was great.. was Nelson. Mill and Jefferson did what they wanted.

Mr "Big Money" Redick hasn´t show nothing so far and Duhon, well, is Duhon!

And SVG.. PLEASE, shut the F**C UP for once.. don´t take those tech´s !!!

Can´t wait next game agains Raptors..

• Upvote 1

Guess its time to give Air France some minutes....

Quentin Richardson: 6 G @ 22.5 MPG: shooting 11-39 .282!!! and 3 pt 6-26 .231!!!

JJ Redick: 6 G @ 20.7 MPG: shooting 11-37 .297!!! and 3 pt 3 -18 .167!!!

...Statistically Duhon's numbers aren't horrible but damn is his game unimpressive - hopefully he's just getting used to the offense but the silly turnovers are dumbfounding and when he's on the court its 4 on 5