Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Magic wary of slippery court in Tampa

TAMPA, Fla. -- A slippery court installed over an NHL ice surface severely hampered the Orlando Magic at their shootaround practice before facing the Miami Heat on Friday, prompting Magic coach Stan Van Gundy and guard Vince Carter to question its safety.

Arena workers were confident the problems could be solved by game time.

"The court's not playable in the condition it's in right now," Van Gundy said Friday morning, before the scheduled 7:30 p.m. tip-off (ESPN). "We're not going to put people out there to get hurt."

I'd say if there's a good chance of our guys getting hurt due to the conditions then don't play. Besides, we play them next week during the regular season anyway.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5714833

I love how Vince is the only player mentioned concerned about the court conditions. But ya, I say the risk outweighs the benefit if we play on a faulty surface. If the court's not good to go by game time, I believe a postponing or cancellation of the game is in order.

I love how Vince is the only player mentioned concerned about the court conditions. But ya, I say the risk outweighs the benefit if we play on a faulty surface. If the court's not good to go by game time, I believe a postponing or cancellation of the game is in order.

he twisted his ankle pretty bad when he played fro the Raptors in a very similar scenario.

"When the Magic arrived to practice Friday morning, the court was still wet and slippery and the NBA 3-point lines hadn't been installed"

perfect <_<

shouldn't they at least let the Magic knows about this beforehand :svgsad: lolz

The game has been canceled, way to fail again tampa.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/basketball/nba/tampa-exhibition-between-orlando-magic-and-miami-heat-cancelled-due-to/1129734

Wait maybe not...they just erased the update from that page. Not sure what's going on at this point but ESPN is saying it's canceled.

I don't foresee another game in tampa again ever.