Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic waive Stanley Robinson

Would have loved to see what this kid can become too, but with the deep bench we already have you can't knock of guys that can shoot for guys that might be able to 1 day :D

So it looks like Otis is admitting that he wasted our 2nd round pick! I'm going to miss Stanley, thanks for the memories!

Really? A second round pick so late in the draft that Stanley was almost an undrafted free agent?

Really? A second round pick so late in the draft that Stanley was almost an undrafted free agent?

Also, considering that only 5 players on our roster were acquired via a draft pick, I'd say that Otis isn't sweating this one too much.

So it looks like Otis is admitting that he wasted our 2nd round pick! I'm going to miss Stanley, thanks for the memories!

second round picks are basically a coin flip to make a team. These guys aren't on NBA rosters right now and cuts aren't due for another week:

Tibor Pleiss, Nemanja Bjelica, Jarvis Varnado, Jerome Jordan, Paulao Prestes, Latavious Williams, Ryan Richards, Hamady N'Diaye, Stanley Robinson, Dwayne Collins.

I can guarantee you that 5 or 6 more names will be added to this list soon.

You can't "waste" a second round pick, especially the 59th pick. You either luck out and get a player or you dont. This wasn't one of those deep drafts where diamonds can be found late in the second round. There are a few guys who might stick in the league (whiteside, Ebanks, Landry Fields, Stephenson, Butler, Lawal) but all of them were taken in the top 1/2 of the second.