Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

MP out of the rotation?

Do you guys see Pietrus out of the rotation once the season begins?

I do! If we start Lewis at PF and QRich at SF, Bass would be one of the first ones of the bench and Lewis would slide to SF. JJ would replace Vince and Vince may even play some SF with JJ at SG.

If Bass starts at PF and Lewis at SF, QRich will come off the bench to play SF and the same thing with JJ for SG.

I honestly don't mind...MP IMO is very inconsistent and I was tired last season of all the 3's he seemed to take when he has the ability to drive to the basket.

Or do you guys think that because of the "defensive" skills we would see 20+ min a game?

• Upvote 2

We're saving MP for the playoffs.

He outscores Cavalier benches by himself.

That and it's always nice to have a guy like him when one of those guys the OP mentioned goes down.

He should not be playing at all!

Look back to how Pietrus plays when injuryed..... terrible.. his shot is off and he refuses to have to much contact.

Pietrus when he is 100% healthy makes **** loads of 3's and is more aggressive. I want him rested back to 100% health, his wrist is clearly affected his shooting and play and there is no need for him nor any other player that is even slightly injured... mosewell rest injured players back up to perfect health.

I highly doubt it. He's perceived upon as one of our team's best defender. I doubt he'll be out of the rotation at all. If any, I think he'll even play more minutes the JJ at time.

• Downvote 1

when healthy mp will play against some teams for his defense. teams like miami would be an example. however i do not see him playing more than jj or qr. stan seems to be confident in those two and until they prove different i do not see mp playing a lot of minutes.

Why hasn't he got his hand healed yet? That's what I'm wondering.

It's gotta be still hurting. I sprained my wrist over a year ago and it's still not right. I'm not running through picks or trying to keep up with 200lb+ guys. I don't know if surgery would help but they need to decide on something because he LOOKS hurt now. Sit him if need be. I'd imagine he'd be hesitant to attack the rim if it's not 100% because that's exactly what screwed it up in the first place.

You guys are crazy we need the second best defender playing - not rotting on the bench.

Very true but, fair or not, player's performances are usually judged by their offensive capabilities. The word inconsistent rarely ever points to any defensive deficiencies. It's numbers you can pluck from the boxscore. And MP loves offense. But fans will be fans. I'm more concerned that he's not 100%.

With the depth that we have we have the luxury of letting guys fully heal. MP is a very good defender and we may see him and QR on the floor at the same time against Miami. If we put our best defenders against their strong points and our best offense against their weak points IMO we can beat Miami on a regular basis!