Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Hollinger w/ a veiled shot at Otis?

VINCE CARTER

Projection: 19.1 pts, 4.9 reb, 4.0 ast per 40 min; 14.95 PER | Player card

• Still a plus athlete with good elevation on jumper and explosion near rim.

• Good driver who can create shots without turnovers, but too often settles for J.

• Frustrating player who shies away from contact and defends inconsistently.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carter got off to a rough start, but he was a huge reason Orlando played so well in the second half of the season. From Feb. 1 onward, he shot 49.1 percent overall, 45.3 percent on 3s, and pumped in 17.9 points per game. For that matter, he wasn't as bad as people want to remember in the playoffs either: In the Boston series, for instance, he averaged 17.8 points on 43.1 percent shooting in the four losses, which was better than his regular-season numbers.

He didn't make a high percentage overall, but he created shots without miscues, ranking fifth among shooting guards in turnover rate and 12th in pure point rating. Sure, he takes some bad bailout jumpers, shuns contact and often fades away unnecessarily. But his real shortcoming was the fact that he wasn't good enough to take over an offense against opponents who could single-cover Dwight Howard. At this stage of his career, that was something we knew long before the playoffs started.

The last two sentences was what I was referring to...anybody think so???...I do, since that was the very reason Otis brought him in (states the obvious, lol)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp10/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=MagicProfiles1011

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 18

Not really, I think you're just over analyzing it, IMO

Definite possibility...thanks for the take....anybody that has Insider there is some real interesting stuff to read on about our roster.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Junkie the last several months reminds me of the career path of Dustin Diamond. You were annoying yet a contributing member for several years (Saved By The Bell), but have been grasping for a feeling of significance for awhile now (sex tape/Celebrity Fit Club). It's not working... Whatever shall you do next?

• Upvote 2

vc is a good player but at this stage in his career you can not expect him to be the player he once was. he will be up and down and will miss some due to injuries. others will have to play more. i expect jj and pietrus to play a much bigger role with no loss. it might even improve the team.

vc is a good player but at this stage in his career you can not expect him to be the player he once was. he will be up and down and will miss some due to injuries. others will have to play more. i expect jj and pietrus to play a much bigger role with no loss. it might even improve the team.

i agree for the most part. i just recently looked at some of the games from last year, and he can certainly take over a game in the fourth. he goes into a different mode. especially when he is confident. i looked at his shot selection from the charlotte game where he went 4 for 19 he took good shots, he was just off. they have a shot selection video on youtube, and other than the bailout shots he took good shots. i look forward to a good year from him, if he is healthy. if you can remember in the beginning of last season before the ankle injury, he was the vc of old. even though he seems dramatic on the court when he gets injured, he really doesnt miss that much time due to injury and he will play injured a lot and people wont even know, they just think that he is old. nobody was saying that after feb.

• Downvote 3

good God, I actually find myself feeling bad for Junkie any longer. It's like watching young hooligans beat on an old defenseless homeless man. Alas, you may proceed.

Man, it's really obnoxious when longtime posters suddenly change their usernames. It's just confusing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1