Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

More Heat love from ESPN

Pretty sure he plays amazingy well through several injuries, breaks records in games, and wins his team 3 championships in a row, turning his team into the best and most feared in nba history.....

Whats with all the negative rep for this?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think ESPN are concentrating more on the Heat because they (ESPN) are getting quite big and well known here in europe. I think they are using teh Heat to push the NBA here more. Saying that though they could easily do the same with the Lakers. I watched the Lakers vs Wolves game last night and they were even saying that they are hoping Basketball to be as big as football (soccer) here in the future. Maybe this is there way of pushing it to be that big a draw?

Basketball will (sadly) never be as big as soccer in Europe. We call it football, they at least only use their feet except for the goalie. The original "football".

Basketball will (sadly) never be as big as soccer in Europe. We call it football, they at least only use their feet except for the goalie. The original "football".

Actually, American football is more like the original game of football (has its history traced further back, anyways). Just because soccer is more etymologically accurate, doesn't mean it was first.

I think it's hilarious that Brian Windhorst left Cleveland too. And according to his bio, he's been following Lebron since Lebron was in middle school.

To really make their credibility fall even farther, they hired Jemele Hill to try to write stuff too.

Some of the stuff they're following is laughable. I can't wait until the Heat have a losing streak and people realize that 3 stars and a horrible bench does not make a team.

Actually, American football is more like the original game of football (has its history traced further back, anyways). Just because soccer is more etymologically accurate, doesn't mean it was first.

I've always thought that football (soccer) was the older sport, but it really does not matter to me since I find them both rather boring. Especially football (soccer).

I've always thought that football (soccer) was the older sport, but it really does not matter to me since I find them both rather boring. Especially football (soccer).

The term "soccer" comes from "Association Football," taking the "soc" from "association" in order to distinguish it from Rugby football, which is what American football originated from (and was more of a mix between the modern-day Rugby and American fooball).

Apparently Brian Windhorst is going to Miami too...

However he said that he will only be "based in Miami", and said that priamrily he will be covering the Heat, but will be a general NBA writer also. (Like he said he will cover the Magic, OKC, etc.) Like Marc Stein, Chris Broussard, Adande, etc.

With that said, it sounds like he will cover the Magic quite a bit, so I suggest you guys follow him on Twitter.

I hope he does cover the Magic, he's a very good writer.

Seems nba.com has also suffered from a similar love of the heat by featuring 2 plays from in the top 5 from last night and not one from the magic, even howards lapup and contact after blowing past yao. Sucks.