Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Since we're waiting for the game.......what do you do for a living?

quote:
I once dunked on Vince Carter while playing NBA Live '99.

Nice lol.

Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia

Currently a student (completed high-school and in completion of my advertising/marketing certs) and currently a youngin'lol. At crossroads with where I'm at, at this point in time, I think thats normal.

Played a variety of sports and never really dedicated myself to one with the intentions of taking it somewhere, which for me was a good thing. I did play basketball for 12 or so years and am looking to tie up the laces again, I love the game. Recently I've been here a bit and that would be due to my lack of ability to move right now as I've had knee op which I'm currently on the home stretch.

I mentioned sports, I've played a variety, AFL (Australian Rules Football), Tennis, Basketball, Golf, Volleyball the list goes on.

Basketball is my passion, down here it works where you can play in a domestic level competition at a stadium. For the time that I played it was rare that I wouldn't see out a Grand Final. I also represented the local basketball organization and hope to do so once again, probably not for the previous org. lol.

Did I mention I played with Andrew Bogut. Not bad a No.1 pick. lol

Am I to late for this topic? Anyway,i'm originally from "da Bronx" nyc,I moved to Florida in 88 with my parents,i'm 27,married with 4 kids. I played basketball in middle,and highschool,good passer,good driver,never a good shooter. I'm a store manager,at a local rent-to-own company. p.s. Magic fan since 1992.

The Truth knows you all are wondering about myself so I have decided to open up...

25 years old, 26 next month so if anyone feels like getting The Truth a present, let me know. Moved to Florida in 92...at the time a Bulls fan because of Jordan...him and Bird are what got me into basketball. Started following the Magic when I moved here and after Jordan retired the 2nd time they morphed into my team. Was more a fan of players rather than teams but Orlando started picking up players that I liked so it worked out. Graduated from UCF with a BS in Criminal Justice and a Minor in Coaching...so if Otis wants to can BHill I'm throwing my name in the hat. Right now I work at a swimming pool store. Really fits with the degree I know...long story. Been here much longer than expected...so if anyone is hiring let me know. Never played organized ball...have played with friends and at parks forever. Hate streetball...dribbling in circles and what not while exciting are not basketball. Technically I would be a 2 or a 3. Moderate skill. Much better than DS I can say for certain though. Played hockey for a couple years. Would like to get into some sort of regular bball game or league but time always becomes an issue.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

I just happen to be a Senior CADD Draftman as well. Working for a local Custom Home Builder. I'm the only Draftman aboard. I've been working in the Residential Industry for almost 10 years now.

Where is this place? Do you guys just design the home or build them too?

I, like probably 90% of other draftpersons, wanted to go into the Residential field, but got a chance to do survey work and just liked it so much I stayed. I have a friend who's dad is an architect and he has a company in Longwood. I talked to him, and he sort of wanted me to work for him, but I would have to start at an entry level, coming from the Senior level, and probably taking a $10/hr pay cut. NOT!!!! So I told him thanks but no thanks. I am overpaid somewhat, but they are happy and I am happy.

I sent you a PM.

man i didnt know they even did anything like that in CAmpbellsville... i have 2, 12 year old twin brothers and they are like 5'2 155 pounds already. I am trying to get them to do some kind of sports since they're twins! there is mom is like 6'1 and my dad 6'0 so hopefully they end up like 6'5 and run the campbellsville high school...

I was born in 1768 in a small village in the Apuseni Mountains of Transylvania. I studied abroad in Europe until starting a private practice in my homeland.

I have lived in many places since being politely asked to leave my homeland for violating laws against medical experimentation. My current residence is an undisclosed small carribean island that has no laws for those with money. The weather is just a bonus.

I currently look like Ted Williams (you don't think I actually leave these things frozen do you?) and started following the NBA in the 70's when Wilt Chambelain made a special request. He wanted me to up his testerone production, so his unit would always be ready for dunking. Something about reaching some goal of 20,000 or so.

I became involved and now follow the Magic after being consulted on the best metals to use for screws on Grant Hill's ankle. He broke the ones the first quack used, but the titanium/nickel alloy I provided have held up so far.

I am a granpda 4 times from San Juan, PR in my early sixties. A mediocre baseball second baseman and a burned out pitcher but I managed to play varsity in my junior and senior year. I hated basketball beecause I hated bouncing the ball and running. My best run with stardoom is supporting my only son to three little league national PR championships and two world championships. I have grateful to have been practicing Pediatric Surgery in PR for the last 30 years and now I am becoming good at medical acupuncture with great interest in sport rehabilitation of acute injuries. I keep in shape by hiking and doing some yoga.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

I am a granpda 4 times from San Juan, PR in my early sixties. A mediocre baseball second baseman and a burned out pitcher but I managed to play varsity in my junior and senior year. I hated basketball beecause I hated bouncing the ball and running. My best run with stardoom is supporting my only son to three little league national PR championships and two world championships. I have grateful to have been practicing Pediatric Surgery in PR for the last 30 years and now I am becoming good at medical acupuncture with great interest in sport rehabilitation of acute injuries. I keep in shape by hiking and doing some yoga.

Hello. Do you know Jose Ramon Camino? He is also a pediatrician, he has his office in Caguas, but also runs one of the Hospitals in San Juan. I don't remember which one....Well he is my uncle.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

Hello. Do you know Jose Ramon Camino? He is also a pediatrician, he has his office in Caguas, but also runs one of the Hospitals in San Juan. I don't remember which one....Well he is my uncle.

Yes, we shared in a private party where he got a recognition from Ethical labs in December.

i thought that i should share some stuff with you guys, but in general, i'm a very shy person, so shy that the name i use (athena) isn't my real name. i'll make you guess what it is and i'll give you a clue (it's not too difficult):

ok, half of my name has the same meaning as darko's name. if you find out what 'darko' means then you'll be half way to my name. the rest is easy..

as for what i do for a living... i teach english as a foreign language to adults and children. hopefully, i will be entering university this year, it's a long story but one of my papers got stuck in red tape over here and the dept. of ed. didn't quite help me out.

i've mentioned before that i was born and raised in london, UK and now live in greece

this vid is taken near where i live. i love it here.

Hey Ya'll. Great posts. Love finding out some of the ages as it explains alot. Guess I'm an O'l man compared to most.

Headin towards forty. Self employed for ten years. My company provides construction management services (we regulate construction in the state/you build it, we make sure it's right) and have several well paid employees who do a heck of a job for me.

Have a wife of 15 years who is my luv and 2 boys that are worse than me. Poor mom, but we luv them too.

Im a college Freshman studying Political Science

I played basketball from 5th grade to 12th grade. Was one of 2 underclassmen on a team that went to states. Started Varsity the next year. Now i just play some intramural basketball. I consider myself to know alot about basketball. Want to coach some high school basketball after college