Sign in to follow this  
Skywise316

LeBron blames race for backlash to ESPN's "The Decision" (USA Today)

As the saying goes:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

I think that applies perfectly for Lebron and his "advisor".

The most racist part of the discussion is James inferring that his critics are racist, because if they are white, and don't like him, it's because he's black. Way to stereotype every non-black James critic.

And although it was already mentioned, my first thought was, "Man, Charles must hate black people."

This just minimizes the true victims who deal with actual racism in their lives, white, black, hispanic, asian, etc.

• Upvote 1

From a Barkley interview

On LeBron talking about race being an issue in the criticism he’s received:

“It’s like watching a movie. Just when you think it couldn’t get any stupider, it gets more stupid.”

On LeBron continuing to make bad decisions:

“Howard I’m telling you. Sometimes you just say he’s making bad decisions and you’re like okay, he’s gonna get it together. Then he makes more bad decisions. The thing that’s interesting about LeBron, I don’t think Magic, Michael, and myself, we said we wouldn’t have did it. That’s not a criticism. We were asked a question. I don’t want to play with Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, or Michael, I want to beat them. That’s strictly basketball. The only criticism I’ve heard about LeBron and it was my biggest criticism, that decision thing was just stupid. It was stupid. The second thing when they all came out there dancing around on stage, that was silly. That’s the only thing I’ve heard LeBron get criticized about. That has nothing to do with race. That’s what makes this last thing so stupid. That’s stupid. The only criticism of LeBron has been the decision and the one hour of our life that we can’t have back. And ESPN, oh my God. Oh my God. To go down to training camp and report everyday is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. I’m watching yesterday and one of the guys actually said LeBron looked fierce in practice. I’m like fierce in practice? What the hell does that mean? He was fierce in the second day of training camp. You’re like come on man, he really didn’t say that did he. This summer with LeBron and all the stuff that went on is like a bad movie. You just can’t make this stuff up.”

On the catering to LeBron:

“No question. They do realize the Lakers have won the last two championships. If you’re going to cater to somebody at least cater to the guys who have actually won the last two championships. They have definitely crossed the line and this is unprecedented. This is unprecedented ass kissing.”

My link

Gotta love Barkley.

• Upvote 1

I'm still trying to figure out how thousands of white people who loved Lebron are suddenly racist after he stabbed them in the backs on national television. How can anyone that is racist follow basketball?

Guys, don't even worry about it. Lebron is using and is in complete denial. He's so blind arrogance, he can't see 2 centimeters in front of him whats obvious. He took a team...a community...a state hostage with his show and stuck it to them so hard they exploded.

The only benefit is that we don't have to deal with all of the mini Lebron's from RealCavsFan.

Want to add to that laugh? Remember the Ohio locals who did "We Are Lebron"? This is the backlash he needs to worry about, because they basically got on their knees begging him to stay.

We Are Lebron - http://dai.ly/aCy76s

Looking at this like a relationship, he was was in a long-term situation with Ohio, and "The Decision" was a sex tape he made with his new 19 year old girlfriend (Miami) where all their pillow talk was him making fun his soon to be ex.