Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

Starting 5 next season

Have to agree with what others have mentioned.

Meer

VC

QRich

Shard

D12

But, i just wanna ask some people who saw many QRich last year. Is he good at D? Could we compare his defense with Barnes? Because, if QRich can't be a good lockdown defender and defend opposing team's best players, i want Pietrus to play more than QRich :)

Qrich has aged a little so he isn't going to be the athlete he was but hes a smart defender. I wouldn't call him lockdown. I don't know if there is such a thing in the league anymore. Barnes was good but at times he wasn't.

The thing about Qrich being better then Pietrus is Qrich has the experience and his IQ is higher then Pietrus's.

I think Redick should start. Who cares if he's guarding Kobe and Wade, it's not like VC would be a better option on defense. Start Vince at SF, he seemed to play really well alongside JJ last year with that lineup:

Nelson

Redick

Carter

Lewis

Howard

That also gives Pietrus more SG minutes, and thats a good thing for our defense.

Qrich has aged a little so he isn't going to be the athlete he was but hes a smart defender. I wouldn't call him lockdown. I don't know if there is such a thing in the league anymore. Barnes was good but at times he wasn't.

The thing about Qrich being better then Pietrus is Qrich has the experience and his IQ is higher then Pietrus's.

I think you can find some lockdown defenders: Ron Artest, Thabo Sefolosha, Tony Allen, Gerald Wallace. Some of these players are good offensively, some are not, but they all can play tremendous D. i would put Bowen on that list too, but he's already retired :)

I think you can find some lockdown defenders: Ron Artest, Thabo Sefolosha, Tony Allen, Gerald Wallace. Some of these players are good offensively, some are not, but they all can play tremendous D. i would put Bowen on that list too, but he's already retired :)

Excellent defenders I agree but I don't know if I label them lockdown. I think CP3 has the ability to be one.

Bowen imo, is the last legit lockdown defender.

I agree, Bass needs to start during the regular season so in the playoffs he will be comfortable with his role, although if Anderson has been hitting the weights hard this summer and can be more physical and hit the three and rebound, he would be the best fit for the role because he spreads the floor.

Bass hasn't proven to me that he can start on the Magic. When he did get time last season, he was all over the place -- missing defensive assignments and lacking the rebounding we needed from him (Coach resorted to Anderson for rebounding). Perhaps he needed more burn to become comfortable with the system, but the fact is that SVG didn't trust him enough to put him on the floor. I hope he does improve, and I am confident he will show us come next season...but a starter on a championship caliber team? I don't know about that.

I'm split on:

PG - Jameer, SG - Redick, SF - VC, PF - Lewis, C - Howard

and

PG - Jameer, SG - VC, SF - Richardson, PF - Lewis, C - Howard

Offensively, I think Redick/VC could be really good.

Defensively, not nearly as confident.

Against most teams, I think it would work well, but against the elite teams (Lakers, Heat), we'd need Pietrus/QRich starting at the 3. Can't wait until preseason to see some of these line-ups in action (with increased chemistry).

Have to agree with what others have mentioned.

Meer

VC

QRich

Shard

D12

But, i just wanna ask some people who saw many QRich last year. Is he good at D? Could we compare his defense with Barnes? Because, if QRich can't be a good lockdown defender and defend opposing team's best players, i want Pietrus to play more than QRich :)

By no means was barnes a lockdown defender... time after time his player beat him... He was a good team defender though.

From what I saw of Qrich (we got quite a few heat games on tv down here in aus) he is a good team defender and an average lockdown defender.... Pietrus is better.

I think like most of you our lineup will be:

Nelson

Carter

Richardson

Lewis

Howard...

but I wouldnt mind seeing:

Nelson

Redick

Carter

Lewis

Howard

a bit more.

I agree, I think we shouldn't have the same starting 5 every game of the season. Even in the playoffs we could make some changes depending on matchups.