Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Ranking the shooting guards [Yahoo-BDL]

6 to 23? wow, thats not humanly possible. Hopefully it was stans system that is really what caused the decline and hopefully he starts getting used to it by next season.

Considering a human made the list I would say that it is humanely possible.

Either way, these lists are pretty bad, not only from a Magic fan's standpoint.

Perhaps I'm reading Dwyer's list wrong, but isn't he forecasting for next year? If so then I think Dwyer might be placing JJ Redick higher on that list - which is going to explain why VC is so low. He's seeing Redick as the main guard on the Magic and VC in a lesser role, which I agree with (adding that Lewis I feel is also going to have a bigger role in the offense this season).

He deserves to be that low. Just look how he performed when it counted, in the playoffs....

Vs. CHA.....FG 20-56, .357%.....3PT 1-17, .059% (wowzers)

Vs. ATL......FG 25-49, .510%.....3PT 7-15, .467%

Vs. BOS.....FG 29-79, .367%.....3PT 4-19, .235%

These numbers sum it up, he chokes come playoffs and the two missed free throws at the end of the game even further proves that point. We wont be able to win a championship with him as a starter, he is old and washed up and ****s himself at big moments. I am not a Vince hater, I wish the best for him, but the stats don't lie. I hope we can trade him asap before his value is nothing.

He deserves to be that low. Just look how he performed when it counted, in the playoffs....

Vs. CHA.....FG 20-56, .357%.....3PT 1-17, .059% (wowzers)

Vs. ATL......FG 25-49, .510%.....3PT 7-15, .467%

Vs. BOS.....FG 29-79, .367%.....3PT 4-19, .235%

These numbers sum it up, he chokes come playoffs and the two missed free throws at the end of the game even further proves that point. We wont be able to win a championship with him as a starter, he is old and washed up and ****s himself at big moments. I am not a Vince hater, I wish the best for him, but the stats don't lie. I hope we can trade him asap before his value is nothing.

If the list was about who is more clutch and performs well in the playoffs, then yes he deserves to be that low - actually way lower. But the Dwyer list is based on regular season+playoffs and its a forecast for next season. I am no fan of VC but the numbers actually show he is still a pretty darn good player - just not someone who you want to rely on in big games or vital possessions. I agree he isn't the player the Magic want but that doesn't put him in the same tier as Barbosa and Sephalosha.

I don't necessarily want to see Carter traded because I think he's so terrible but because its necessary to convert that asset into the Magic's wing of the future. His value isn't going to drop as everyone in the league already knows what his value is (in fact last years playoffs actually reiterated and confirmed his value). This list should temper the value that some on this board think we will get for Vince Carter's expiring, specifically when discussing any trade with a team that is a middle of the pack playoff seed or higher.

17. J.J. Redick, Orlando Magic (last year: unranked)

If Redick starts, his all-around game (you heard me) could be the salve that puts Orlando back into the Finals. Because as great as Miami can be, guarding four three-point shooters and an all-world center at once is a pretty tough task, and Redick's passing and driving ability after the close out (something Mickael Pietrus is wholly uninterested in) could be a difference-maker. Or, Stan Van Gundy could continue to treat him like Dana Barros. Stan's call.

Why is OJ Mayo in every picture?

The person that wrote the article is trying to be humorous... and did the same thing with Ty Lawson in the PG list.

I especially liked this one.

ept_sports_nba_experts-839654404-1282237175.jpg?ym3bvoDDCMLVDFpo

• Upvote 1