Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Magic looking for 3rd PG[link] [Update pg2]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Orlando Magic General Manager Otis Smith said he likely will make a decision on what he�ll do with the team�s third point guard spot �by week�s end,� but he added that the team is considering bringing back 34-year-old Jason Williams.<BR><BR>�Jason Williams we would probably like to have back, but what that would look like I�m not necessarily sure,� Smith said. �We�ll have to have a conversation with his agent in the next couple of days.�<BR><BR>Smith said he�s also considering �two younger guys� for the spot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><a href="http://ht.ly/2hQqB" target="_blank">http://ht.ly/2hQqB</a><BR><BR>J-Will, Quinn, or Deiner.

Perhaps Otis should be looking at Five Guys.

But seriously, I think from a talent standpoint, considering the small amount of PT that any of the three would get, you'd have to give a huge leg up to Williams. From a continuity standpoint alone, he's the right pick.

Both Deiner and Quinn would be cheaper. Between the two, Deiner is the better choice because of his 3-point shooting (not even gonna look at Quinn's stats) and his familiarity with the team (Otis, Senor Twardzik, Dwight, Nelson, and JJ).

By CBA rules, Otis has to pay Williams more than Deiner. With the team already over the cap, it may come down to dollars.

quote:
Originally posted by AJdaJohnson:

We HAVE our third PG, his name is Jameel. Once the lineups are straightened out, AJ will be our starter, Duhon backing him up, and Nelson wearing the suit.

i should just out you. You aren't humorous enough to pull this off.