Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

The one thing that really stuck out to me about the Kyler article is that Dwight has a bad knee. Is this common knowledge or is this the first time anybody has heard of it? It's certainly news to me.

Dwight has had a bad knee since high school, he's just not a p**** about it.

For what it's worth, Ryan Schwan, ESPN TrueHoop Blogger for the Hornets did this...

quote:

The inescapable truth for this off-season is that Chris Paul trade rumors will fly until he is moved or the Hornets take the floor in October for their opening game. That, of course, will be frustrating for many Hornets fans, and depressing for others. For a while, I've been sitting in the 'depressing' camp, but now I'm past that, and instead of dwelling on Paul leaving, I decided to take advantage of the ESPN TrueHoop Network and solicit the network's Team Bloggers for their best offers for Paul.

A good half of them responded, and here are the offers, ranked and grouped in logical fashion, and accompanied by my own mockery analysis. One blogger, who opens up our bidding, didn't even go after Paul, but instead tried to give Paul to someone else and steal West in the process.

Here is the link if you want to see all the offers the bloggers from other teams sent in...

http://www.hornets247.com/blog...rnets247.com+Blog%29

The winning trade for the Chris Paul ticket was none other than our own Magic blogger, Eddie Rivera.

Here was his trade proposal:

Offer #1A Eddy Rivera of Magic Basketball

Team Offer Receive

Orlando Magic Vince Carter(semi-expiring contract in 2012, $4 million guaranteed if waived before June 30, 2011), Jameer Nelson, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass/Ryan Anderson, $3 million cash, 2 1st rounders for Paul, Okafor and Posey

Ryan Schwan: Gortat and Anderson really shore up the Hornets frontcourt, and the cash and picks are okay. Still, the most important part of this trade would be what the Hornets could get by flipping Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson - and flip them they should. The have expirings in Peja and Songaila and Wright before getting Carter - so let them cut your salary burden by expiring and move these pieces for something else. (More on that at the end of this post.) If the Hornets can't get much in a flip of those two guys, then go with the next offer.

Ryan Schwan: This trade is mine. I started with the offer from Orlando, and then tried to flip Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson for something else. Quickly, I found nice homes for them in Philly and Indiana. Here is the trade in the ESPN Trade Machine. The trade would also include Orlando sending a 1st round pick to New Orleans and another to Indiana.

For the first time EVER, I agree with Kyler on this.

I think we sign a 3rd pg and we're done. Paul imo, is going to give NO another year to get things right. If not, we'll be back here again.

VC's contract will be much more attractive at the deadline. Most people knew that.

everything Kyler says is wrong. The only remotely close part is Dwight's knee and it's not even that bad.

The Magic would have Okafor backing up Dwight and playing PF at times. He is better then Gortat and is a starter almost everywhere else.

If they took Posey and Okafor for Paul, they still become a better team. You can start JJ at SG, where he and Q Rich can battle for minutes, and are looking at Pietrus and Posey at SF.

Posey does 2 things very well : bomb 3s and play solid D. That is what the SF on the Magic needs to do, and both Posey and Pietrus provide that.

Off the bench, you have Duhon/QRich/Posey/Bass and Okafor. That's a top tier bench.

Paul provides the passing and penetration sorely needed to develop the offense. All 4 wing players can stay wide and knock down open 3s, as can Rashard at 4.

Okay, I'm sure most of you guys saw this quote from Tim Povtak last night...

"Although the Magic were unable to complete a potential trade earlier this summer that could have landed point guard Chris Paul of New Orleans — and they refused even to acknowledge the topic Wednesday — outside league sources confirmed that they indeed were willing to increase their future payroll significantly (i.e., taking Emeka Okafor’s bloated contract) to facilitate the deal.”

This is obviously great news for Magic fans!...There was much internet and media discussion about this topic...we now have closure on the subject.

Now, on a down note I have a new media link from John Reid, Hornets beatwriter in New Orleans...he says Chris Paul has decided not to ask for a trade, for what it's worth.

My take, I think we wanted him and tried to get him and were even willing to take on Okafor's contract...but we can't get him unless the Hornets oblige our advances.

Here's the new update:

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/07/chris_paul_has_decided_not_to.html

This is obviously great news for Magic fans!...There was much internet and media discussion about this topic...we now have closure on the subject.

Now, on a down note I have a new media link from John Reid, Hornets beatwriter in New Orleans...he says Chris Paul has decided not to ask for a trade, for what it's worth.

My take, I think we wanted him and tried to get him and were even willing to take on Okafor's contract...but we can't get him unless the Hornets oblige our advances.

Here's the new update:

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/07/chris_paul_has_decided_not_to.html

Thats bad news

Thats bad news

Call me an optimist, but I'd rather believe an accredited sports writer on a popular sports website than a local New Orleans new reporter

Thats bad news

and just another person's opinion. EVERYTHING we hear are rumors; from their end, our end, and around the legue. whatever went on in that meeting, is not being discussed and no one really knows except for the 6 ppl who were present. Povtak, one of the best Magic beat writers, was plain wrong in his assumption that the Magic wouldn't spend to get Paul. People will here from sources forever, but the truth won't be revealed until someting is official.

Here's the new update:

I don't understand how that's good news. That means we tried to get him and failed at least once.

Also, Dwight has a bad knee? That can't be good for us going forward...

I don't understand how that's good news. That means we tried to get him and failed at least once.

Also, Dwight has a bad knee? That can't be good for us going forward...

Dwight has had a "bad" knee for years. He had surgery on it when he was in high school I think. If you look closely at his knees on some pics, one knee has a vertical scar on it. The seriousness of it is just being exaggerated a bit here.

Anytime an articel comes out of New Orleans saying that Chris is happy, Ken Berger has shot it down, citing his sources, within 24 hours. I'm hoping that happens again.

"Chris never said anything about a trade," a source close to Paul said. "All he said is that he wants to win. He does so much in the community. He hasn't built those courts around (town) for nothing. Of course, he wants to be here."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68429/20100729/paul_happy_with_demps_hornets_not_considering_trade_offers/#ixzz0v6nu3veh

Didn't see junkies post, and have no idea how to delete posts lol