Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

So the big aquisitions that are supposed to take us to a Finals win this year are QRich and Duhon?

SVG Sad

I suggest all the VC haters start to put last season behind them and hope things will be different this season for him. I really don't want to spend the off season hearing everyone get pissy about what could have been if he performed at a higher level. It doesn't look like he's going anywhere. Let's live with it and get excited about the possibility of him shocking us all next season.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Wright, Songalia and a 1st round pick for Gortat...Would You???

No, no, and a capital No.

If it was an unprotected 2012 pick i'd have to look and see what other kinds of offers are on the table and see if we could get a cheap replacement.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

If it was an unprotected 2012 pick i'd have to look and see what other kinds of offers are on the table and see if we could get a cheap replacement.

Problem is we are in a win-now mode. I don't see Otis dumping Gortat for a mid-first unless it's truly a total salary dump.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

Problem is we are in a win-now mode. I don't see Otis dumping Gortat for a mid-first unless it's truly a total salary dump.

I looked at Julian Wright's three point shooting and decided to change my mind.

I'm still holding out hope Gortat and Pietrus get moved for a legit 3 or 4.

Nelson/Duhon/Law

Carter/Redick

Legit 3/Q-Rich/Sticks

Lewis/Anderson

Howard/Bass/Orton

OR

Nelson/Duhon/Law

Carter/Redick

Lewis/Q-Rich

Legit 4/Anderson

Howard/Bass/Orton

That would make the Redick contract easier to stomach (considering he's not starting).

quote:

quote:

Don't forget hell no!

I have a feeling that coming into this meeting, Paul had no intention of issuing a trade request by any means. IMO, that is just not a smart idea...from an image standpoint anyways. I think he wanted to assess where the organization is headed and if it would be in his best interest to stay. I think he still has yet to make a definite decision.

Although Demps seems very confident that Paul will stay, GMs can also be deceiving to the media. A trade proposal as the purpose of this meeting was simply fabricated by the media and speculation. Chris Paul is NOT a lost cause, but he sure is farther away than we hoped.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

This is how redickulous 98.9% of the trade proposals sound on this forum.

its a problem with every forum. "The Pau Gasol trade happened for a bunch of bench guys. We can trade borderline starter, up and coming bench guy, journeyman, first round pick for Wade too!"

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

There really is no point in arguing with you because you are so far up VC's *** it's not even funny anymore.

You clearly just dont get what 98% (you and vcdacarter being the other 2%) of this board is trying to say and you guys are both getting really annoying.

I was cheering for the guy don't get me wrong (and if he stays I def want him to succeed) but HE DID NOT CARRY HIS WEIGHT ON THIS TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS. The guy averaged 15 pts and for being a ??play maker?? only averaged 2 assists while only shooting 23% (FREAKING 23%) from behind the arc and only 40% from the field in general. According to you guys once the playoffs came he was going to ATTACK more and get to the line. Nope he only shot 5 freaking free throws a game, and if you think that's a HIGH number Jameer shot 4.5 just for the record.

I could see if the guy had like 5 rings or something why you would praise him, but the guy has NEVER won anything in the NBA except some dunk contests. He clearly just doesn't like the big stage and is on the decline of his career now.

Just answer these questions for me......Why are you on his nutz so much? Is it because he had some spectacular dunks in his prime? Why aren't you guys on J-Rich's nutz like VC's? or are you? How about T-Mac (which prolly 95% of this board was at one point, but we STICK to OUR TEAM)?

I'm with you all the way, bro. **** CARTER

lol you are probably going to make them madder now. lol

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Ignored post by VCdaCarter posted July 26, 2010 06:52 PM

quote:
Ignored post by mont posted July 26, 2010 06:55 PM

feels good, man

I want too, but I feel I might miss another gem if I do. I mean, you can't pay for this sort of entertainment.

The really good stuff usually gets quoted anyways. They're worse than trolls, though, since trolls are usually just kidding around. They're serious