Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

How much worse is Nelson than CP3?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

The allure of the Beatles is not so much the technical prowess of their music as it is the period with which they created this 'pop' music. They were probably the first pop musicians ever. The same can be said for other bands/musicians like Led Zepplin, Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones, or Black Sabbath. None would be considered by youngsters to be ground breaking by today's standards, its more about the barriers they broke in their era. That being said I enjoy all of those bands thoroughly, with the Beatles being last of five listed by a long shot.

Music was help up on a higher pedestle when those artists were in their prime compared to nowadays. Its all elevator music now.

I'm trying to figure out why you're exactly telling me this

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Watching Paul run the pick & roll is like listening to the Beatles for the first time.

Massively underwhelming based on years worth of previous experience of being told it will blow your mind, only to listen to "I wanna hold your hand" and recognize cheesy pop for what it is?

You just told a hipster The Beatles weren't very good. Prepare to get killed... or at least scowled at.

The allure of the Beatles is not so much the technical prowess of their music as it is the period with which they created this 'pop' music. They were probably the first pop musicians ever. The same can be said for other bands/musicians like Led Zepplin, Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones, or Black Sabbath. None would be considered by youngsters to be ground breaking by today's standards, its more about the barriers they broke in their era. That being said I enjoy all of those bands thoroughly, with the Beatles being last of five listed by a long shot.

Music was help up on a higher pedestle when those artists were in their prime compared to nowadays. Its all elevator music now.

Yeah you can even throw Elvis into the mix of "groundbreaking at the time" music. As much as I really don't care for his music, he's one of the founding fathers of rock.

Chris Paul is a way better scorer than Jameer, not to mention the assist and steal stats. They guy can score 40, I think I remember him with 39 and 10 assists against the Magic the year before last. He is a better scorer than Vince or anyone else on our team. This is a no brainer in my opinion

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

We also have to consider how Dwight would like the move. Sure Dwight would love to have CP3, but arent' him and Jameer pretty close? I'd hate for Dwight to resent the Magic for shipping off Nelson and leaving when his contract is up. I don't know, maybe having Paul would outweigh losing Nelson to him, but who knows? It could piss him off.

Having a close friend on your team is good but having a player on your team that's better than your close friend at the same position is great. If Dwight gets upset and starts resenting the Magic for making them better than I'd have to question his mentality towards winning a championship.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

My only actual concern is Paul's knee. And it makes me really worried.

Have faith my friend...

HE'S COMING

quote:

Jameer has his fair share of durability issues. Other than that I don't have anything bad to say about Jameer, he just isn't Chris Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

Jameer has his fair share of durability issues. Other than that I don't have anything bad to say about Jameer, he just isn't Chris Paul.

Yes... this! +1

Chris Paul is a spoiled brat. He sees the Three Egos in Miami have something he hasn't and he wants it NOW. They had to wait for free agency to get it. His team didn't let him down or anything. They just lost their best player to injury for more than half the season. Last I heard (about when this CP3 trade stuff started) he was behind schedule for recovery, and still couldn't play.

If they believe he will be healthy next year, the NO management should tell him to shut his big mouth and win some games for his own team, and he can go wherever he wants in two years. If not, they should take the best offer without consideration of his demands and let him sit in a suit somewhere else demanding a trade to Miami.

quote:
Originally posted by Shakaho:

If they believe he will be healthy next year, the NO management should tell him to shut his big mouth and win some games for his own team, and he can go wherever he wants in two years. If not, they should take the best offer without consideration of his demands and let him sit in a suit somewhere else demanding a trade to Miami.

Agreed. However, I think that Orlando has what it takes to make that "best" offer. We would be dumb to not offer any combination of Vince, Jameer, MP, and Bass.